2012 TGG 3 ROUND MOCK DRAFT / Discussions only

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Dec 6, 2011.

1. laxin

laxin Active Member

Yeah I can really see someone trading up to snag some QB with Minnesota, or even STL. For both team, it makes a lot of sense. If STL trades back, it works out for Min who can then take Kalil and if Min trades back they can pick up the needed draft picks to help rebuild a team in a tough division.

My Bad!

#21 laxin, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  2. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

no unselected players

#22 CodeGreen, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  3. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

If the Rams make Kalil the pick at #2, then I'd be sitting pretty as the Minnesota GM getting a TON of picks for someone to come up to #3.

Without trading, Blackmon is an easy pick. With an aging RB coming off a bad injury and a consistently injured #2 wideout as my top receiving option, I needed someone to come in and make Christian Ponder look good. Blackmon's physicality and catch and run ability makes him a perfect fit for Ponder's average but accurate arm. With Kalil gone, there was no other option.

4. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I feel sad for RGIII. He is almost undoubtedly heading to cleveland on draft day, I think it will be in a trade, but all the same. It would suck to have to be QB and savior for the hapless, and pretty much offensively inept browns. They have 0 offensive talent on that roster. Im not saying that Colt could get it done with weapons, because I don't think hes good enough. But having no weapons for RGIII is going to make his life suck. That should be the focus of the rest of their draft. Find RGIII some weapons to grow with.

5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

[size=+1]The CLOCK HAS OFFICIALLY STARTED[/size]

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are now OTC (VORRECHT)

PM was sent!!

6. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

id guess we see our first defensive player taken here...

7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I found Vorrecht's Board from a PM...pick up shortly.

Sorry for the delay.

8. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Since we don't have trades, TR was the best selection for the Redskins, nice job thebrick.

The talk that Richardson will fall into the teens and maybe the Jet's pick is unfounded.

Richardson is an elite player.

9. thebrickwall423

thebrickwall423 New Member

The Redskins have to do everything in their power to trade up and get RGIII. They really are in an awful spot. There is no QB depth in this draft and I don't know if their is a team other than the Colts who need a QB more.

I thought about going Oline or WR, but decided to go with BPA and Trent Richardson. They don't really have a need at RB with Helu, but they need play makers on offense and a two headed monster of Richardson and Helu can really take some pressure off whoever the QB is.

10. thebrickwall423

Thanks. Washington was screwed the day Barkley decided to go back. Richardson is probably the best back to come out since AP and not only is he the most talented player left, he is also the safest. Barring injury, Richardson is gonna be a 1000 yard rusher from the start.

I'm still hoping for a draft day miracle though.

11. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Not a fan of the WSH pick, just because of 2 things....

1) Roy Helu had a strong rookie campaign and enough of a rookie year to make the Redskins look elsewhere.

2) Mike Shanahan is that "RB guru" that can plug in late round backs and make them work, I don't think he'd go and use a 1st on a RB.

That being said, with Claiborne gone, it puts DC in a tough position as they can use a CB, QB among other needs. Still would have went for that 2nd CB though. I have no problem with T-Rich going where he did(He is a top 10 talent), just the Redskins do not need him.

#31 BakerMaker, Jan 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  12. thebrickwall423

You are right in the sense that this pick won't happen. No way Shanahan takes TR.

That being said, Helu had a good year, but in my opinion is much more suited as a third down, change of pace back. I think he can be dominant in that role.

There were 3 other players I was considering, an OT, a WR, and the CB you mentioned. But I'm a firm believer in BPA and all 3 players had flaws that TR just doesnt have.

13. Sir

Sir New Member

it was a tough call bc unless someone falls I see Washington either moving up or trading back given the situation that unfolded in our draft.

14. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I'm glad I sent you that since the draft started so early in the morning.

Oh and...

[YOUTUBE]5CfNarCjSHM[/YOUTUBE]

15. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I didn't see another option for the brickwall to take, I like the pick.

Helu isn't a feature back and with Griffin and Claiborne gone it was the best choice.

16. laxin

laxin Active Member

Im assuming Brockers was that surprise pick... He has the potential and has the talent of a top 10 player. His stock isnt there just yet, but I can see it shoot up come april.

17. Sir

Sir New Member

Yup. Brockers has as much potential as just about any defensive player in this draft IMO. He will blow up the combine and undoubtedly rise up the boards.

Brockers is young and raw but Carolina has time to let him develop. Realistically, I don't see them truly competing for anything substantial for at least another 2-3 years.

Brockersmcould end up being a Richard Seymour type player.

18. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I like the brockers pick. I just figured that you would have gone with a DT from big ten school...

19. Sir

Sir New Member

To me, Brockers has much more potential, and for a team like Carolina who isn't on the verge of truly competing, that made the most sense to me.

Brockers was only a redshirt sophomore this past year!!!!

Btw, I would have drafted coples if he was available.

20. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I agree (of course Im biased). Brockers skill set is comparable to the other highly rated DTs but I think Brockers has more athletic upside, people still say he can get bigger which is always a plus