Senior Week Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Jan 27, 2012.

1. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Couple of guys have really been bright spots this week and before they do something to make me change my mind in the actual game tomorrow, here's what I'm thinking right now:

1. Cordy Glenn, OL, Georgia. Massive offensive lineman who would be an ideal fit in Sparano's scheme. I think he could come in at start right away at right tackle and be a rock across from D'Brick for a long time.

2. Vinny Curry, OLB, Marshall. Could very well wind up somewhere in the first round, but for now, I think his lack of eye popping production at Marshall as well as a really deep class of pass rushers has him somewhere in the middle of the 2nd round. Might not be a starter day 1, but has a lot of potential to be an effective edge rusher.

3. Nigel Bradham, ILB, FSU. The LB core as a whole is slow, and a lot of that has to do with Bart Scott's age. Our system is a little different for the 49ers, but they were a perfect example of how two sideline to sideline inside 'backers can impact a game and I think he'd be a nice fit alongside Harris with more and more teams going to spread offenses.

4. Matt Reynolds, OL, BYU. I think Reynold's stock is going to fall a bit due to the quantity of offensive lineman and his lack of combine type athleticism. I think going forward he might wind up being a guard but in a power blocking scheme it wouldn't shock me if he was more effective then Slausson right off the bat.

5. Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas. Was a sure fire 1st rounder before a knee injury in 2010 and was limited due to hamstring injuries this year. I thought about going after a guy who would at least contribute more on special teams but if Childs could regain the form that made him one of the top sophomores a couple years ago, this would be a steal.

6. Chris Rainey, RB, Florida. Nothing more then a special teams/gadget player, I think Westoff would like him as a gunner

2. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

The announcers on the NFL Network said Rainey can run the 40 in the 4.1's to 4.2's, if he does that @ the combine no way he falls to the 6th rd.

3. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Defense feels very neglected here, we WILL draft a safety, and probably a tight end somewhere

4. thebrickwall423

thebrickwall423 New Member

I love the pick of Nigel Bradham... I think he could be perfect for us as a replcement for Scott, if not this year then next. Both him and Curry would inject a lot of speed. \

I would have no problem with Glenn in the first, but would of liked to grab a TE instead of Rainey, who I like, but think will go higher than 6th.

5. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Nigel Bradham is a very good player, he deserves to move up when teams really look at his body of work. 100% agreed on his role replacing Scott.

6. I would be thrilled with this draft.Glenn, Curry & Rainey have all stood out to me as players I'd like to see in green.

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. I wouldn't be against picking up OLBs in both 1st and 2nd round picks, and ILB with 3rd, provided Jets front office address the DL up front as well. (Some good DLs are coming out this year, like Ta'amu)

(I would like Upshaw at 1st, Curry at 2nd, Bradham at 3rd and Ta'amu somewhere at 5th, with a safety at 4th - THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE, PEOPLE. DO NOT GO APESHIT OVER THIS.)

2. As long as ILBs don't have to face the OLs (mostly guards) two fast ILBs are very good way to go against spread offense. The pre-requisite is though, physical presence up front. Jets as of now do not have that.

3. Other than OL (RT/G) /TE, I do not see the need to draft offensive player. A vertical threat that can stretch the field will command high pick, and I don't think they offer as much as Braylon can at this point. (I am all for bringing Braylon back to NY)

#7 Zach, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I like what I see out of Cam Johnson. He reminds a lot of Bryan Thomas, not really exceptional in any area but solid all around. If we miss out on any of the top tier OLB prospects, I wouldn't be upset if we were able to pick him in the 2nd or later. I think he can come in and start right away. I'm very curious to see what he runs at the combine.

9. laxin

laxin Active Member

I really think there are a lot of WR’s late in the draft that can come in here and make an immediate impact. A few that come to mind are Juron Criner (personal favorite), DeVier Posey, BJ Cunningham, Marvin Jones and Gerell Robinson. They all have speed to stretch the field, all have good size- pretty sure none are shorter than 6’2, and all have good hands. I love the idea of grabbing one of these guys late and bringing in Braylon.

10. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I would be absolutely ok with Cordy Glenn in the first, I figured his stock would rise after come April. I also think that Curry might be a steal in the 2nd in the long haul, if he can go to a team like we have I think he will get the coaching he needs to be an every down back.

I also believe that Curry was the most productive pass rusher the last couple years. If he can play well against tougher competition then I think he would be a really good pick.

11. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

I see in the 1st round: OLB

2nd OL

3rd DE/OLB

4th WR

5th S

6th OL

However I do feel that there will be some trades to receive more picks. If that be the case, and quite frankly we really need as many picks as posible, this will change the order of the positions above. I would really love to see that!

12. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

No unless we draft saftey in first three rounds we are NOT drafting one. This class of safeties sucks. Its worthless IMO to draft lower than 3. I see OLB, ILB, S, OT, TE, RB, DE