Tom Brady or Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by New England Patriots, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

I know that, on the surface, this sounds silly. Brady has 5 or so years left and will most likely be on the decline. Sanchez should improve and has probably 15 more years left. Knowing the pros and cons and assuming Sanchez develops, who do you choose for now and the future?

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

This is a really bad thread...No offense, like this is terrible.

Brady just in case you are wondering...100% of the time.

Seriously though, if this is a troll attempt you should get smacked...But I cannot say for sure so yeah.

3. Patfan

Patfan New Member

any day of the week

and twice on game day!

Brady !!

4. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Assuming he develops? That is a very ambiguous statement. Some would argue he hasn't developed in the three years he has been in the league. Are we assuming the best case scenario? Assuming he follows the same "trend line" of improvement that his past shows?

In any reasonable comparison, the answer is Brady. He hasn't shown any decline in performance so far, and there aren't any signs of "old man" type injuries. It is entirely reasonable to expect that he has 3-4 years of superbowl caliber football left in him. With Sanchez, any expectation could be considered reasonable right now - he could reach a superbowl in that span of time, or he could play himself out of a starting job.

5. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Im a sanchez guy, one who also universally believes I couldnt possibly bring myself to root for Brady in any way shape or form.

But in what universe do you expect this to be anything but one-sided?

How in the hell is Sanchez likely to have "15 more years left" I'd bet you can count on 2 hands the number of QB's that played until they were 38 years of age, much less the elite guys.

6. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I'd take Brady with one year left.

And Manning with a fucked neck.

7. mute

mute Well-Known Member

to me, it looks like Brady has started to decline. Despite the pretty numbers, he has look off in a lot of games this season. His thrown balls no longer have that zip and he has made a lot of inaccurate throws this season. Very un-Brady like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.