Pats or Giants?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by #1 Jets Fan, Jan 22, 2012.

?

Pats or Giants?

1. Giants

58.1%
  2. Pats

41.9%
  1. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I'm going to "cheer" for the Giants. For two main reasons. 1) I don't live in New York so I don't have to worry about yappy Giants fans pissing me off (in fact I don't know a single Giants fan) and 2) my sister (if you can still call her that) is a Patriots fan...so I'd rather not put up with her gloating over a Pats SB win.

2. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Francesa writes the Giants twitter?!

Go ahead a-holes, keep driving me closer to the dark side. The shame of it is I can't stand the Pats team (though the only one I don't really respect is BB) but don't have to deal with their fans. I like the Giants team other than the occasional *sshat like Jacobs but can't stand the local media or fans, along with the holier than thou front office.

#182 NYJFan10, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  3. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Somebody threw money in someone's pocket at the end of that Ravens game. How do you go for it on 4th and 6 instead of kicking a FG, still get the ball back from that terrible blunder and blow a 32 yard field goal for the tie. I think they lost on purpose. What a joke how every team in the NFL lets the Patriots off easy. They didn't deserve a win in that game, but teams just keep lying down for them.

4. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

How about 3rd & 1 with a TO left and you don't run? How about 4th down with a TO left and instead of taking a TO and getting your kicker set for the FG, you have him running onto the field with 7 seconds left on the play clock and rushing to get the snap off. Ridiculous crap from the Ravens.

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I feel very sad for anyone that believes the Ravens lost on purpose the same way I feel sad for any handicapped person.

Going for it on 4th and 6 wasn't a bad call and certainly wasn't any higher risk than attemting a 53 yard FG.

Harbaugh lost that game as much as the kicker or the WR that dropped the TD. with a timeout remaining running the ball was a gimme First Down the way the Ravens ran all over them in the 4th quarter. Getting the First was the most important thing on that 3rd down, because that afforded you a couple of additional opportunities at a TD try before having to try the FG. I don't know how an experienced coach makes the kind of time management blunders he did in those last few seconds and I didn't even think about using the timeout to settle the situation rather than race the kicker on.

hell, the Giants even took a delay of game penalty before getting the kick off. the most important thing in that position is not rushing the kick. what difference is five yards that close?

6. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

Yes, it sucks to be a Jets fan right now. But who is Rex rooting for?

7. JarOfMayo51

JarOfMayo51 New Member

If the Ravens called the timeout and then he missed the field goal, everyone would be giving Jim Harbaugh crap for icing his own kicker.

In hindsight everything is easy and accurate.

8. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I wouldn't really consider it icing the kicker if you call timeout because your kicker is still running onto the field with 7 seconds left on the play clock. I could understand if he called TO a couple seconds before the snap.

9. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

I rooted against us last year due to the bandwagoners.

10. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank New Member

In another thread I made a couple posts about how Jets fans need to root for the Giants if this were the outcome, now that its gotten to that point I have changed my position completely.

It could be different for some, but if you live in the Tri-State area I dont know how you could possibly think of rooting for the Giants after the shit we've had to deal with the last week and especially since they won the NFCC Game. I cant deal with another year full of Giants fans talking shit, and bandwagon Giants fans talking shit.

11. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

I never hated the Giants until last year. it was never really a rivalry. granted, i haven't lived in NY/NJ in 11 years but i never got that sense (especially since my best friend is a giants fan and we never rooted against each other),

it's only because we were getting the headlines and had a run of success while the giants were doing poorly. it evolved into this big brother/little brother who runs the town type deal. part of it was rex, but part of it was just bitter sore loser giants fans who couldn't deal with not getting the attention.

So now I do hate them, but not as much as the Pats. I rooted for the giants big time in 07 season superbowl...and i'll stick by that principle. yes my facebook is flooded with giants fans talking shit, and yes it's annoying...but i don't want brady or belichick to ever win a superbowl post spygate. My deep rooted hatred for the patriots has been present for much longer than my giants hatred.

12. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

My thoughts exactly. I hate Patsies so much. Can't stand seeing them winning another SB

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Great! And I'll bet it's not for Bellishit.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Rex Ryan wants NY/NJ to be a Giants "town". Spread the word, Don. Better you than me. I don't want to deal with the trolls till the weekend.

15. Don

Nothing to do with whose town it is and more about whose rings he don't want to kiss..he didn't want to kiss 3, you think he wants to kiss 4?

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

That is his problem. If he coached better maybe the Giants would not have made the playoffs and maybe the Patriots would have been the 2 or 3 seed and may have lost at Baltimore. Now he get can buy some Giants pom-poms.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

What makes you think that the head coach of an NFL franchise that didn't make the playoffs is rooting for anyone in any Super Bowl, much less his stadium rival or his most heated division rival?

18. Don

Lol..yeah...and everybody can talk forever about whose town it is and it will never be the Jets'. I have been a Jets fan since they drafted Namath but it will never change. The Giants started in 1925 and played in Yankee fucking Stadium..the Jets started 35 years later and played in the cesspool known as Shea. This is their town until the Jets can put together at least 3 or 4 more titles.

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I want to see Ryan start to sweat and squirm and stop being a clown. The Giants winning the SB will help. I don't want to see wigs, toes, or leg tattoo stuff anymore.

20. RKO

RKO New Member

BB has 5 rings, 3 with the pats, 2 with the Giants.

XXI and XXV with the Giants as D-coordinator and then the three with the Pats we all know about.

So the question is, does Rex want to kiss 6 rings?