New alternate Uni in 2012?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KurtTheJetsFan, Jan 24, 2012.

1. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

no. yes they were leaked awhile ago. ive seen these almost 2 years ago.

2. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I love those green/black prototypes. I hope our alt jerseys are the 80's one. Love that uniform.

3. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Hopefully we've seen the last of those godawful Titans uniforms. I'm all for the 80's throwbacks and the ''swoosh'' logo on the helmets. Not sure why they ever changed it.

4. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

How could anyone who lived through the 80s/90s bear to see that uniform again? Aesthetically ho-hum, with the stink of perennial failure piled on top.

If you are too young--rest assured, it's ugly even by nfl unifrom standards. Just the word "Jets" in white written on the side of the helmet. And kelly green--the color of the background grass field. I think that's why all our QBs between Namath and Vinny sucked ass, they couldn't see their receivers.

The '98 retro/revision is still worlds better than that kelly abomination.

If they want to revise the look and logo--fine. That fake-Nike one is pretty bad though.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to organize my closet and decorate the kids' room

5. Royce Parker

I lived through the 80s and 90s and there were obviously a lot of painful seasons in there but I don't get the whole idea of associating the uniforms with it. It's not as if we've won a SB with the current uniforms either. The ''swoosh'' logo may be simple but I like it alot. Better than the current one IMO.

6. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

All those leaks aren't prototypes, they were made by some fan who was really skilled with graphic design, but remained anonymous for a good month or so in order to generate discussion among fan bases over some of the crazy concoctions.

The truth eventually came out.

7. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

OK fair enough. I like that the current logo has some graphic design to it, rather than just the word Jets, and I like the color scheme better too. As for the association with failure--I'm not doing it on purpose. It's just there. In the pit of my stomach.

#47 sozopol, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  8. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Times have changed..so no throwbacks lol. It's all about the present not that I agree with it.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i am sure nike will find a way to completely fuck up every single teams uniforms over the next few years. someone needs to punch the guy who comes up with the retarded uniforms nike has made for some of these college teams straight in the face.

that said, i love the old jets uniforms from the 80s. i also loved when they added the black to them.

i am scared to see what kind of ball of shit nike comes up with.

10. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

Nike is going to turn NFL uniforms into something you'd see at a gaypride parade. Good thing is ownership needs to sign off on proposed changes to uniforms, let's hope Woody doesn't ruin the Jet uni by signing off on anything stupid like the leaked image in the op.

but if there is one alternate to wear once a year or something, I can deal with a black uniform that simply replaces the typical white with black like these novelty jerseys:

[​IMG]

Just no white numbers or name, make that green too.

#50 Rex's Sweater Vest, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  11. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

The 80's uni represent so much failure I can never accept them.

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

black is horrible.

the alternate main color should be gray, dark gray, or silver. green and white highlights.

with a matte green carbon fiber helmet.

green socks. white/green accessories.

13. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I like things as they are.

14. Royce Parker

Yikes, I hope they don't do that. It might be a little better than the Titans UNIS, but not by much.

15. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

Those 'leaked' uniforms are not real Nike concepts.
    Nike is taking over the production of the uniforms. They'll use different fabrics, so they'll look a little different from the current ones (though you'd probably need to see the two side-by-side to tell). The design of the uniform itself though is, has been, and will remain, the province of the franchise itself.