New alternate Uni in 2012?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KurtTheJetsFan, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Onto a different topic swaying away from the now cliche debates about the GM/HC/QB.

As of April, Nike takes over official uniform licensing for the NFL. They are rumored to be planning "drastic changes" to current uniform looks for specific franchises.

In comes the Jets who finally are able to diss the Titans look & can now create a new alternate jersey if they choose. According to the Jets Facebook page, it does appear there will be some sort of new Jets look that will debut sometime in the near future.

Bare in mind, these will likely just be a 3rd look. These will only be word 3-4 times at the most per season unless they really catch on and become a primary, which I doubt.

Many have raised the notion of a return of 1980's "swoosh logo" look. For this Jets fan, that would be special, as those were the Jets teams of my youth. Seeing players like Revis & Mangold in those jerseys would be great.

Conversely, when word spread that Nike was considering totally new prototype looks for all teams. THIS look was leaked.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:...B3G_KQ6wWKjuItWfLo0UxC7NclglcD-sS6X6fzkFl-zcQ

This look adds black, which although controversial I think fits this current Jets team. Additionally the logo on the side is the same as the 80's look.

What does everyone think?

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I like an 80s throwback as an alternate jersey, I hate the uni in that link.

3. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

those were 'leaked' a year ago. they are not real.

4. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

That's my favorite Jets logo. I'm not a fan of that much black. I also like the Titans uniform. Maybe make a new navy blue and gold Jets uniform

5. No they aren't,however there has been confirmation that there will be a new alternate uniform and Nike has admitted that many of those "leaks" may in fact be prototypes for the real thing.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

They're whoring out every other aspect of the game, may as well trash the uniforms as well.

7. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

80's throwback - yes

That fake Reebok abomination - NO

BTW - that was a "fan's perspective" when the announcement came out about Reebok taking over.

8. sg3

sg3 Banned

anything but the hideous Bruce Coslet electric green disco uniforms of the 80s will be OK with me

9. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

hope it's something similar to Oregon, just completely out of the box, using the 80's Jet logo. Love the Oregon Uni's here.

[​IMG]

10. JetsNation28

JetsNation28 New Member

I've been waiting for the Jets to have a solid alternative uniform, hopefully something cool comes out of this and I am a fan of the 80s throwbacks.

11. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Just get rid of that Titans shit. All I ask.

12. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I thought those Oregon bowl uniforms were atrocious.

Please let's not let Nike turn the NFL into clown show. Tasteful throwbacks = cool. Space-age yooneeforms = uncool.

13. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I like Green & white more... but I love the old logo. That said the look you posted has been on the interwebz for at least a year and a half and was made by a fan.

14. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Looks arena league.

Its funny that the NFL's history of sticking to traditional looks while lesser leagues' use of the latest in design makes any attempt by the NFL to update their look seem hollow and chincy.

That metal look on the O helmet is sick btw.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Man if they could only replicate the magic of the 2011 Terps, it could put this team over the top.

16. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Why can't we use the damn 80s unis? And draft a pass rusher like the ones that played in them

17. jemgeejets

jemgeejets New Member

My fiance just got me a Revis jersey too :(

18. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Heh. So proud, those Maryland goofballs.

I'll say this much - I think the matte finish helmet that Nike introduced was pretty cool. I wouldn't mind seeing a green matte finish Jets helmet.

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Would love to see a special effect of 'diamond plate' on the helmet likes it's made out of steel.

20. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I am all for something insane.

The Jets never won a SB let alone a division title when they wore nondescript high school uniforms from 1978-97.

Give me a white helmet that glows with jersey numbers that have a whole bunch of jets in them.