holmes has to go START A PETITION

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by thirtyoddfreestyle, Jan 18, 2012.

?

DO YOU "THE FAN" WANT HOLMES IN 2012

1. KEEP HOLMES (TOO MUCH INVESTED)

54 vote(s)
    48.2%
  2. CUT HOLMES (MONEY ISNT THE ISSUE)

58 vote(s)
    51.8%
  1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

@TheJetsStream
    Manish Mehta
    Woody Johnson says Santonio Holmes will definitely be on Jets in 2012. "He may be one of the best players we've ever had." #nfl

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

So what does that mean? "Sanchez is the problem" ?

3. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

It means "we can't cut him for cap reasons, and no one is willing to trade for his contract"

4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Let's see if they can iron out their issues first. Because at the end of the day Holmes is a good receiver.

5. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

It means it was an 8-8 season...not the end of the world.

6. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

His contract is just about as shitty as shitty gets at this point. His dead money for next year ($12,750,000) exceeds his cap value ($9,250,000)... I vote for placing him on Injured Reserve just before the start of TC for (being a) cancer.

7. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

He'll be back along with Schotty... I doubt this statement says anything more than "I'm complementing the asshole to avoid pissing him off even more in case we get stuck with him in 2012".

8. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I still don't understand how any of you think cutting Holmes is a smart move. Jesus Christ, if we cut the guy wed end up with no money to do anything for this year.

He's also the 5th best player on our team behind probowlers Mangold, Revis, DBrick, and Harris. We must work out the issues on this fucking team not sweep it under the rug...

9. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

fans like yourself should just simply SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!

it's people like you, that gives people like me a bad name.

in life, such as the football world, SHIT happens, arguments happen.

are you married? did you divorce your wife after an argument?????????

many of you forgot we went 11-5 in 2010, and made the AFCCG, and there's no way we make it that far if it wasn't for holmes.

4 years ago, Vernon Davis was a selfish little bitch, look at him now, where would the 49ers be now had they cut or traded him????????

I understand this is an opinionated site, but if you knew more than Tanny wouldn't you be our GM?

10. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I honestly don't think Holmes is as talented as some of the people on this board think. Yes, he has made some big time catches (super bowl, new england playoffs, buffalo, Detroit, Cleveland, Houston) The problems I have with Holmes are mostly based on him begin physically and mentally a pussy:

1) I have seen him get knocked on his ass by a corner before he got into his route
    2) He cannot sustain a block
    3) He drops passes (frequently)
    4) He gets tackled (always) on first contact (or he fumbles)
    5) He fumbles (a lot)
    6) zero production (no 100yd games and no 10 catch games)
    7) He takes plays off
    8) He helped destroy our locker room
    9) He undermines our young quaterback (sanchez has to man up here and take control of the huddle) Still don't need Holmes help being a dickhead especially since he is suppose to be the team captain (nice pick rex).
    10) He ruined team captains because he is such a fuck up he was unable to help be a part of the solution and instead helped being a part of the problem.

He is a pussy and I am certain I could tackle him and he would probably fumble.

That said we are probably stuck with the little fucker unless we can trade his ass for the 5th round pick we dropped to get him.

#50 JetsVilma28, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  11. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

^ he had only one fumble in the previous three seasons.

and the rest of your points are kinda stupid, we would of been 8-8 in 2010 if not for holmes, what part of that don't you get??????????

12. JimmyLovesick

JimmyLovesick New Member

too much ego

chemistry is underrated...when was the last time a team full of superstar egos won anything?

13. cantwait57

cantwait57 Member

He quit on our team

14. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I dont want Holmes to go at all. I want to win, lets wait a few months for the situation to cool down and make a rational decision after that

15. onsight914

onsight914 New Member

What does this say about our storied history, or is the owner a complete fool.

16. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Hoping we can sucker some team into a trade.
    I don't care if its a 7th rounder. Think its only a 5 mil cap hit if we trade him, but i could be wrong..

17. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

It's posts like this that really piss off the homers:lol:

18. twown

twown Well-Known Member

i do, but we're apparently stuck with this colossal mistake. hubris.

shh. shh... come on now. what's all that about. shutting up doesn't make these problems go away.

19. winsalata

winsalata New Member

We aren't behind the scenes to see what is happening but what they have showed us by fighting, quitting during games is not a good sign. When was the last time you heard so many players on a team calling people out. And we are talking about respected team players (LT).
    I hope by some miracle they can fix the chemistry here. Can you imagine next season after a couple bad games if this implodes again. The entire season would be lost and some players on the team would probably give up again. NOT GOOD.
    Is it worth chancing it by keeping some bad apples. I guess we will all see what the right decision is or should have been by dec 2012.
    If it was the wrong one I expect we will see a lot more changes and bigger ones then we did this year.

20. Boomer88

Boomer88 New Member

No way they will cut him but if they did I could easily see him up in Foxborough. He would get a hell of a lot more targets up there and no doubt he'd play like a man possessed against the Jets. Like I said, it wont happen but for whatever reason I immediately saw him in a Pats uniform running a slant past Eric Smith for a 90 yd TD.