Holmes I got your back...Maybe

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I would call that more stupid than anything else.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Hey everyone, look at me, I scored! I don't care if we're down 3 TD's, I scored so I'M celebrating. I don't even care about the 15 yard penalty and how that hurts the team because I want everyone to see me.

That's about as selfish a move as you can make in football.

3. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Member

Curious, has Holmes ever been a top 10 receiver, a top 20 receiver?

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

He was top 10 in yards (7th) his last year in Pittsburgh. They proceeded to trade him to the Jets for a 5th round pick because he just wanted to win too much.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Especially when he personally gave up 2 TDs.

6. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

You ever heard the phrase "shut up and do your job". That is what a professional does. I wish hunter would have pile drived Holmes on national TV for making us the laughing stock of the league at the end of the season. Why can't multi-millionaire, gifted athletes that are made captains just play balls out until the whistle blows and keep their mouths shut!

7. Big Blocker

Geez, the second play was an interception that Samuels caught on the Philly 4 yard line. Even the return was only to the Philly 23. Philly still had to go 77 yards to score a TD, but that was ALL on Holmes???

Is everytime Sanchez throws an interception or fumbles and the other team scores, even if it takes the opponent having to drive down the field, all on Sanchez?

Your lack of consistency here is typical of Sanchez Fans.

8. Barcs

Barcs Banned

So, playcalling has nothing to do with that, I'm guessing? :lol:

9. Big Blocker

It was interesting to say the least that despite touching on just about everyone else, LT did not mention complaints about the playcalling. And that's even considering Schotty is gone now.

10. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

So your take is that Holmes got upset because they weren't designing plays for him so he wondered why he was in the meeting? You don't think the "what am i even doing here" was more in a general pouting question for a guy who wanted to see the ball? Like, "if you aren't going to throw it to me more, why am I even here"?

Don't try and paint him as a team player who wants to win so badly that he's just upset with his QB. That gives him too much credit.

The guy wants money and stats so he can get more money. That's it. This is the same guy who tweeted a picture of himself half-clothed with a bottle of champagne when he signed his deal.

11. The_Darksider

It was more like "shit dude, make sure you block better so that Marky Mark over here can get me the ball!".

Captains don't have to be the best players, although they frequently are. They should be the most respected players. Players who command the respect of teammates and are able to give them the business about their play without alienating them. Who the hell was gonna listen to what Holmes had to say and be motivated or properly chagrined by it as opposed to angry and saying "who the fuck do you think YOU'RE talking to"?

He's a clown, and Rex was dumb for ever trying a stunt like that.

12. The_Darksider

They tried to trade Roethlisberger too, but couldn't get anything resembling fair value. And you don't just trade franchise QBs for a bag of balls. WRs, you can trade for a bag of balls. They're replaceable.

13. The_Darksider

I don't recall anyone saying the offensive issues were Holmes's fault. In fact, no one even blames him entirely for the unrest. We're just making the contention that he's a malcontent and very selfish.

14. The_Darksider

You need examples of where he's selfish? How about him standing by himself on the sidelines at the end of the Miami game? How about him getting a penalty for taunting after scoring against Philly, a score that made it 28-9 in Philly's favor - when 14 of those 28 points came directly from him? How about the champange picture when he got his money? What about all the reports about hiim complaining about not getting the ball?

Do I need to go on?

15. The_Darksider

That's selfish. If he hadn't given up 14 points from the offensive side, it could be stupid. This was just selfish.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

All of his issues are rooted in stupidity.

17. The_Darksider

That's a fair point from an overall point of view, but the reality is that, regardless of what happened after that, he dropped a pass that hit him in the hands, while his team was driving up the field at the time, and that pass was intercepted by the opposing team. That followed on the heels of a fumble that DID result in direct points.

So yeah, the defense could have stopped the Eagles but that isn't the point. The point being made here was his reaction after scoring the touchdown.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

[youtube]LMc263klrMQ[/youtube]

19. Big Blocker

He didn't give up fourteen points. The interception was by Samuel on the Philly 4 yard line. Give me a break.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

[youtube]EB5-yJM3vJc[/youtube]