More from Woody (Article; not tweets)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Braylon4ever, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

"Bolded" translation : Mark isn't going anywhere despite what happens next season.

There you have it, folks. Straight from the Horse's ass....err, I mean mouth. :rolleyes:

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I agree with that approach. Let Sanchez develop I believe he has the tools to be a good qb.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He's right though. Dynasties live and die with the QB's. If you get the right guy and he's tough when it counts you win a few trophies. If you get the wrong guy and he's great all the time but when it counts you don't.

Right now the Jets have a QB who performs well when it counts. That leaves other pieces that are more important to get if the Jets want to become a great team in reality instead of just in Rex's mind.

And all the critics of Sanchez can't answer a simple question: how many other Jets QB's have there been who routinely drive the length of the field for a TD at the end of the game when it counts?

Even Vinny wasn't all that reliable although he was probably the best at this since Joe Namath.

One way to look at this is that Sanchez has 9 4th quarter comeback wins and 11 game-winning drives in 3 seasons. Chad had 7 4th quarter comebacks and 11 game winning drives in ELEVEN seasons in the NFL.

#3 Br4d, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  4. sg3

sg3 Banned

good

he will be leading the Jets to more than one championship before this decade is over

5. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Anyone else think Alex Smith saved Mark on the Jets. After seeing a "bust" for the last 7 years suddenly a game from the SB?

6. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

He also had the work ethic and willingness to learn so hopefully some competent coaches can work with Sanchez because he can make all the throws.

7. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

I can also see in Bold, that from what I read, is a "selling point" If I was in the market to get Sanchez, he hit on quite a few selling points. Mark is being promoted for sale, just my take.

8. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

if he is, then why hasn't his old usc coach up in seattle tried to get him?:eek:hmy:

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If Rex didn't have the pulse of the locker room than Woody absolutely 100% DIDNT.

Therefore he shouldn't downplay the malcontent of the locker room and Sanchez/Holmes relationship.. He has NO CLUE, he's out of touch.. he's the OWNER

Based on all that has been said, and especially based on what L.T. said I think he is severely misguided in his belief that Sanchez/Holmes can work together...

I also think he is too loyal to Rex. He should be asking questions like why did this happen? How can you NOT have the pulse of the team? Why are multiple players expressing their hatred for your locker room? Why is my multi-million dollar investment being questioned by everyone including his teammates? All of this, not just saying "That’s not how Rex builds teams.”

Its well-documented about Coughlin being on the hot seat every year, but its because when things like this happen the Mara's are asking these questions of him. They are an example of good ownership that stays away from football decisions but demands their organization / investment to be run correctly. They don't have a blind loyalty to anyone (Parcells, Coughlin both had success elsewhere even) let alone a coach on his first head job.

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Nobody seems to have asked Woody about Tanny.

11. Braylon4ever

That could also be it as well.

But it sounds more like Woody wants Mark in for the long-haul so unless the team goes 4-12 next season with Mark Playing like garbage, I think he gives Mark that extension albeit one with a smaller dollar amount.....

12. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

No. I think Eli Manning and Drew Brees did. Eli was hot garbage until his 4th year and it took 7 years before he became a top level QB...oh and 3 1/2 years as an Ole Miss starter.

13. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Member

Curious if anyone's looked at the success of owners who bought their team with inherited money (not inherited the team - aka Rooney's) vs money they made themselves? I guess there are examples of both - Kraft and Snyder both earned their own fortunes. Any good examples of someone who bought a team with inherited money and made it a long-term success? Steinbrenner I guess inherited the shipbuilding business but bought Yankees incredibly cheap with a whole investor group without the necessity of a fortune to make the purchase....

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Certainly sounds like he would sign Manning in a second given the chance. Tannenbaum really would earn his money for once if he could figure out how to keep both of them.

15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

YEs, hopefully in 5 more years mark and ride a Strong defense and running game the the AFC championship game ...... oh wait! :rofl2:

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

B... but his completion ratio is dismal, so none of that counts either.

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

18. Barcs

Barcs Banned

8-8 is the new 0-16 I heard.

19. Braylon4ever

Maybe they just didn't think of it OR maybe pre-presser, Woody(or one of his aides) informed the media that Woody wouldn't be answering anything in regards to Tanny today.

20. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Agree with you on this. I also think Woody's take on Holmes saying "He is one of the best players we've ever had" is his way of greasing the wheels for a possible trade to ship him out of town.