Cmen On the Pats Superbowl who to "cheer" for ?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by dcm1602, Jan 15, 2012.

1. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Erm I mean Cmen vs the Pats

In what is possibly lining up to be a battle of the most classless afc team vs the most classless nfc team and by far the two most hated teams by Jet fans im finding it very difficult to decide who to hope wins this potentially horrific matchup.

Im actually leaning towards the Brady camp for this one, I see no way the Cmen can actually win this matchup, not to mention they talk a whole lot more shit for a team that is only in the playoffs because of absurdly favorable calls from the refs.

Anyone else actually contemplating supporting the Pats in this one ? (and hoping Brady actually retires afterwards showing the world how horrible a coach Belicheat actually is when they go 0-16 the following year)

2. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I'm probably just gonna get really drunk :beer:

3. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

I'd rather quit watching football than start rooting for the Patriots.

4. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

Not again. Please.

But if it comes down to it, I hope the Pats win. I don't have to live with their fans anywhere but the Internet.

5. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

As a mets and jets fan I've been through phillies Yankees and giants patriots. Doesn't get any fucking worse than that. I'm convinced the both franchises are cursed.

God damn it. God fucking damn it.

And to answer your question I say: no one. I hope Lucas oil implodes.

6. Cortes

Cortes New Member

Peyton jumps down from the booth and beats both teams in a landslide election victory!!!

7. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank New Member

Cmon... as much as we hate the Giants we cant root for the Pats. What would make it worse tho would be the fact that the Giants-Pats rivalry would be bigger than Jets-Pats, that is what would get me most upset.

8. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Why not ?

Pats having the 32nd pick in the draft works out for us, they cant trade it for more future 1st round draft picks

9. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

After today I am convinced that IS NOT Eli Manning on the field. It's Peyton. He somehow gave all his talent to Eli. I would be forced to want to Pats to win. But in some horrific play Brady gets hurt then retires. I can't deal with an offseason of ELI-te or bELIeve. I'm still praying for a Harbaugh super bowl.

10. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank New Member

31st or 32nd, not a big difference. I would be like to think most Jets fans (with a gun to their head) would root for the Giants over the Pats. Obviously we want a 49ers-Ravens SB but we'd also all like to win the lotto tomorrow morning.

11. Vahncase

Vahncase Well-Known Member

I cheer when injuries go on offense.

12. gopats88

gopats88 Member

I don't know why some are already assuming that the Giants will win vs SF. They were helped a ton today by Green Bay's turnovers and general ineptitude. The 49ers will definitely play a much more fundamentally sound game (i.e. fewer missed tackles, fumbles, and dropped balls) and could give them trouble.

Of course you could say the same about my Pats vs. Ravens, but I'm sure you know my feelings about that.

13. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

49ers also got helped a poop tun in their last win as well.

However if Cruz is hurt for legit (I dont think he is) they could be in trouble, but the 49ers dont impress much

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Against the Patriots?

Giants all day every day

Fuck the Patriots

15. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

This.

16. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Alex Smith is not Rodgers, the Gmen will win and go on to the SB against the Ravens.

17. I Come in peace

I Come in peace New Member

When you say absurd calls do you mean Jennings fumble today? The Sanchez fumble week 16 or the kerley fumble week 16? Live the hate!!!!!

18. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

I mean when the refs GAVE you the Arizona game, hope you didnt forget about that

19. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

I'd find something else to do that day.

20. gopats88

gopats88 Member

You are right, Alex Smith is not Rodgers. Nor is Eli Manning the same as Rodgers. Nor is Alex Smith the equivalent of Drew Brees.

However Smith beat Brees and Manning beat Rodgers. I don't think there is any clear logical conclusion to draw here. My point is that the game tonight would have looked a lot different if GB had eliminated some rather basic mistakes. Also, Eli Manning got himself into quite a few 3rd-and-long situations. Against the 49ers, I'm not sure he will get away with that so easily as he did vs. GB.

I understand favoring the Giants right now, but I don't understand why Jets fans (who don't even want the Giants to win) act like the 9ers don't even have a chance.