jets rb situation...has anyone heard..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsaroma, Aug 9, 2006.

1. jetsaroma

jetsaroma New Member

caught the end of a local radio show and ladell betts (redskins) name was being talked about pertaining to the jets situation.anyone else heard this?i myself cant see the nyj making any deals with washington.plus this was a local sports station here in iowa where betts attended college,so it could have just been good radio blather.not sure if they have anyone else to back up portis either.i would say highly unlikely at this point.

2. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

IMO we should stand pat and let our kids show us what they can do. It is not as if we are SB contenders this year! We still do not have A dt OR qb IN PLACE. wqHY WORRY ABOUT rbS?

3. crazylion26

crazylion26 New Member

O would not be too happy with Betts. He has significantly underproduced and has not met the expectations. I like Blaylock. I loved him for KC and I love him in our system now. He is an explosive back with great potential. A downhill runner. Houston doesn't really compare, but I think he shows a lot of potential, especially after last season, and both Blaylock especially, would outproduce Betts.

4. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

i couldn't see the skins trading betts and even if they wanted to what would we give them? their biggest needs are OL and DL depth, the jets don't really have much to give up in that area. They might also ask for draft picks, which I doubt the jets will want to give up .

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The Jets RB situation is alot like the Mets pitching situation. The problem is not that they don't have enough RBs, the problem is they don't have a quality feature back.. So unless they can get one of those I don't see the point in bringing in another average - below avarage RB..That means say NO to Chris Brown, Thomas Jones, Ladell Betts. The only guy I would be interested in if the price wasn't to high would be Michael Turner.

6. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Blaylock a downhill runner? Huh? Downhill runners are power backs that knock people down. Blaylock dances around, even in goal line situations. The very last word I would use to describe him is "downhill". He has absolutely no power, no drive running between the tackles. He's a dancer.... a guy who jukes around in the backfield when he doesn't see a hole. Explosive, yes,a downhill runner? NO freakin way. He's a lightwieght.

7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

downhill runner is a stupid term to begin with

8. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

The best example ever of a downhill runner has to be Larry Czonka. Straight up the middle. You could shoot an azimuth on a compass and he didn't deviate 2 degrees off center. And if he had a head of steam, it took three guys to bring him down because he dragged people for 3-4 yards. Then he'd fall and get another 2 yards. They said he was like trying to tackle a moving oak tree.

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

RE: 8

or Christian Okoye

10. jetsaroma

jetsaroma New Member

wish atlanta woulda thrown in dunn or duckett in that trade,,,esp since they have that norwood kid now.

11. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/story/442453p-372653c.html

i would love to get Betts, seeing him play all the time here in the DC area I can tell you he could start at RB for a lot of teams. The skins would probably want to obtain OL depth, which I don't think we can afford to give them.

12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Holy Cr*p, HAH. The bigger question is, did you mean your screen name to be Jets-o-rama or is Jetsaroma purposeful?! If it's purposeful, it's a diamond in the Brilliance Dept. If it isn't, a happy accident. My coffee almost came out my nose. Points, anyway. :lol:

13. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

I read that Duckett is not fitting in in this new offense in Atlanta. Who knows he could become available. And that would be a good replacement for Jordan.

14. jetsaroma

jetsaroma New Member

ha

jetsaroma yes ,not jetsorama,long story..hopethe coffee wasnt too hot,lol

15. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Derrick Blaylock played for Al Saunders in KC he's better than Betts.

16. chow184

chow184 New Member

as a skins fan,Al Saunders has really fallen in love with ladell betts.To the point Saunders is creating plays with Betts&Portis on the field at the same time. Betts is also a pretty good kick returner,and has some good hands for catching out of the backfield.

only problem is Betts has 1 year left on his contract.I think the skins should just keep him and let him play out his contract year.Unless of course the Jets want to give up a decent draft pick. 4th round+. or if the jets have any O-lineman they'd like to give us,maybe that trey teague fella since Mangold is already the starter.

he's more of a back who gets more powerful as the game goes on, so his stats as a backup don't reflect his true ability.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Blaylock isn't a downhill runner, he's way too small. Downhill runners are usually big power backs whereas Blaylock is really more of a slasher and cutback TB.

18. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

the 'skins bestest concern is OL depth, something the jets can't really afford to give up considering two rookies are starting and teague is starting off the season injured.

19. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Houston and Askew can provide the power. Blaylock brings SPEED SPEED SPEED something our offense doesn't have enough of.

20. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

it is pretty stupid but it's better than being called an uphill runner