Rex Ryan: Majority of Team Believe in Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BleedJetsGreen1981, Jan 13, 2012.

1. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

First time Rex has spoken out on all of the nonsense. Earlier in the day in reference to the criticisms circulating around the press he said "That will not happen in 2012".

Time to put the hammer down Rex and clean up this mess.

#1 BleedJetsGreen1981, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  2. sg3

sg3 Banned

in Rex I TRUST

3. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Considering Rex has already publicly admitted of losing the pulse of the team, i dont think its very believable that he even knows anything about who does and doesnt have support for Mark....

4. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

well then get rid of those who don't

simple as that

5. Sanpetejets

Sanpetejets Member

Again... context of the question he was asked. Context of whole interview. Reporter picking quotes.

Ryan also said he did exit interviews with 35-40 players and a whole bunch of staff. He is doing the due diligence to make sure he understands fully whats going on and that he said that what was reported was not the feeling of the team and not the way the majority of the team feels about Sanchez. In other words, who ever said this does not speak for the team.

6. wfresh

wfresh New Member

even though I'm a bit disgusted with Rex, I believe he knows exactly who are the bad seeds. Ive wanted shotty gone for 3 yrs. i think this OC is exactly what we/rex needs so he can get his Defense back to superbowl caliber.

7. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

We are at a point where we can't listen to a word Rex says publicly and take it as the truth. He just going to say whatever he's going to say.

Hopefully he handles the Jets appropriately and definitively behind closed doors.

8. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

On this issue, I generally agree. But he just HAD to say something. His silence was getting a bit uncomfortable.

9. Sanpetejets

Sanpetejets Member

He also said: "I’m going to have to learn what happened in 2011 and I’m confident I will." in regard to the chemistry break down.

First day of camp at Cortland, gather in assembly hall, lock the doors, and say this is it, Herb Brooks in Miracle style, and air it out. Then go about the business of rebuilding their pride in playing for and with each other.

"You wanna settle old scores, youre on the wrong team. We move forward starting right now. We start becoming a team RIGHT NOW!"

10. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Rex needs more people because I don't believe him.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Seems like he was being intentionally specific when Tanny said 'those two guys working together.' Either the Haley contact talks aren't going well or they are right in the middle of the hardball part of it.

12. GangGreen04

GangGreen04 Active Member

rex is a big softy. Hes loyal to a fault and he might be the guy who needs everyone to like him.

13. milo

milo Well-Known Member

I don't give two shits what Rex says publicly about this or any other topic...Superbowl predictions included.

People actually bitched that he lied about the Schotty thing too. It's the media, not fucking Congress. Lie all you want.

Just make sure when the cameras go off and the reporters go home that this motherfucker shows up:

[YOUTUBE]X6L3Q2c_RN0[/YOUTUBE]

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yep, that about covers it.

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I think Haley was out when he left town without a deal. When you hear things like "It went well but neither side made a commitment" that usually means one or both sides didn't want a deal but wanted to leave it so neither was embarrassed.

16. jack handy

jack handy Member

The majority?

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

How does Rex know what the players think when he doesn't have the pulse of the team?

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They can't possibly leave Sanchez's development to Sparano..you only have to look at Henne to know that's not a good idea. Either they plan to bring in a new QB who doesn't need to be developed or they will still bring in a passing guru to coddle Sanchez.

19. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Well the OC they hired has a very good reputation for maintaining the locker room. Dolphins played hard no matter what their record was. Also, when it comes to egos, he's dealt w/ huge WR egos over @ Dallas (with Owens) & @ Miami (Brandon Marshall).

20. Coach K

Coach K New Member

this right here.