What camp are you in about Sanchez?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by wildaces, Jan 11, 2012.

?

Do you think Sanchez is the answer for NYJ's?

Poll closed Jan 18, 2012.
  1. Yes

163 vote(s)
    67.9%
  2. No

77 vote(s)
    32.1%
  1. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Curiously, what is the general consensus of who likes Sanchez?

#1 wildaces, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  2. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Average QB, has improved every year he was here statistically. He might still turn out to be above average, with a new offensive coordinator.

His completion percentage and how often he turns the ball over sucks. He's near, if not at the bottom of the league. The amount of TDs he had this season were above average.

If we could get a top 10 QB to replace him, I'd be in. I see no reason to replace him with similar talent when we're already paying him pretty well. I wouldn't mind bringing in some competition to push him though.

He should face a challenger in camp, and if he does not improve by next year we should look elsewhere.

3. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Definitely believe Sanchez can be a huge force for the Jets. Yes, he struggled this year, but, with a renewed O-Line next year and new coaching he will have a big turnaround year.

4. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

5. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

View my post history and it tells you all you need to know. Go #6!

#5 Jetrik, Jan 11, 2012
  6. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

he's gonna have his best season yet w/ sparano n hopefully haley...all the bitches will stop moaning after

7. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Same camp I was in when he was drafted...cautiously optimistic.

8. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

He's not the kind of QB that can take a team on his shoulders and win games for you but, with the right coaching, he should be a solid starter for us for years to come. I just hope that the damage done by Schotty isn't permanent.

9. Cheesehead944

Cheesehead944 Banned

sanchez is the long-term solution

It's all Schottenheimer's fault that Sanchez is so bad.

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

About 80% of the board believes we will see improvements in 2012. About 20% say the think he has had enough chances and should be gone. I agree with Jixxjr and brothermoose. Cautiously optimistic he can improve much more, and agreed we can win games with him but he won't be throwing for 5-6 touchdowns and 400+ yards

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Enjoy getting upset at Lambeau this weekend.

12. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Don't forget the olines, and Holmes and Plaxico's faults for not being Calvin Johnson.

13. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

next year Mark will step into the top tier.

we got rid of the anvil around his feet, Shotty, and Rex will make sure that santonio get wit the program so Mark won't be challenged in the huddle. maybe we can pikc up a big time receiver in the draft so Mark will have a target.

14. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I picked no but really I think the jury is still out. By then end of year 4 we will know what Mark is. Either his improvements continue which in turn should mean he continues as the QB or he takes a step back and we need to move in another direction. I think 4 years is about right for a QB eval although with MS' limited college playing, he might need to play out his rookie contract.

He's improved every year, statistically speaking, even this year when the supporting cast around him digressed. My take is MS 2011 would probably be much better on Jets 2009~2010

15. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

He hasn't really given us enough reason to be sold on him. I'd like to believe he's just gonna suddenly be a great QB, like flipping a switch or something, but logically, there's not a lot of evidence for us to just expect it.

He's inaccurate, and not just by a little bit. He flat out misses wide open receivers. And most of the time when he does hit them, it's certainly not in stride. In fact, he kills whatever momentum the receiver has to make yards after the catch.

He makes terrible decisions. It's pretty apparent he's not the cerebral type of QB to dissect defenses and manipulate coverage ala Manning, Brady, Brees, and co. The most damning thing is that he hasn't improved in this regard at all since his first year. He's still doing the same dumb thing, staring down his targets, and just being stupid with protecting the football in the pocket.

I also don't think he's an exceptional leader either. Obviously, we don't know since he could be a totally different person in the locker room, but he just doesn't seem like he commands the players on the field. Seems like a nice kid, cordial, says the right things, but also comes off a bit timid. It was okay in his 1st and 2nd year, but he should be taking charge by now.

He does have a cannon arm though. So there's that. Also does pretty well on the move. That's not enough to think he's franchise QB stuff, considering his other flaws.

16. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

This post above is one I echo.

Mark is not nor will he ever be an ELITE QB the likes of Brees, Manning(Peyton), Brady, or Rodgers....but he will be a GOOD-ENOUGH QB where so long as he has the necessary pieces around him, he will be successful and in turn, so will the JETS. :)

17. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

in short, not the answer

18. InChadWeTrust

InChadWeTrust New Member

People are absolutely nuts to give up on him. He is so so so young and this recent news about teammates bad mouthing him is probably all garbage and false. The guy clearly works his tail off despite having a lot to learn. Keep in mind he played 1 year as a college starter.

Again, Sanchez was not by any means fantastic this year, nor did he improve as much as anyone would like. Yet he didn't regress either. A lot of what happened this year is not on Sanchez as well. I don't know if they keep stats on this but I'm willing to bet that the Jets WRs were top five in the league this year in dropped balls. Our run game wasn't the same as the past two years either. Finally, the o line was (at times) AWFUL which I'm sure had an impact on Sanchez as well.

I want a year in which these other holes are plugged up and addressed first before giving up on the guy.

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I am in Sanchez's corner next season...That is what will be happening for now. After next year if he is still stagnant...Then sorry bud. Time to find another qb

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I still BELIEVE that Sanchez can win---not by himself he needs a supporting cast. With this said I also believe we need to bring in a qb that can not only replace him should he get hurt but someone must be brought in to give Sanchez serious competition for the starting job.

HERE IS THE PROBLEM

Sanchez sulked and blew off reporters when Brunnell took 3 or 4 snaps in practice ! I honestly cannot predict how he would react should serious competion be brought in ? Maybe he would rise to the occassion but if this year was any indicator---he all but had a hissy fit when Brunnell took reps :sad:

#20 CBG, Jan 11, 2012