Schotty is GONE!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyThaJet, Jan 10, 2012.

1. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

THis is an awesome day...this is the best thing for the Jets... Lets not hate on Sparano yet..he will run the ball well and hopefully improve our offense line..and Haley should help our passing game..lets stay optimistic and hope to God someone can teach Sanchez some poise in the pocket and learn how to go through his progressions.. awesome day.. I will be partying tonight... Today is a good day boys..please no negative bullshit

2. sg3

sg3 Banned

there will always be SOJFS out there, griff who will never find anything positive to say about anything

3. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Not all that hyped about getting Sporano. I'd rather see Hue Jackson but I'm not gonna complain. :beer: Fuck it...beats a blank...and damn sure beats a Schotty!

4. Barcs

Barcs Banned

This is quite possibly the best Jets news I've heard in the past 2 years!!!!

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

While I tend to believe he was a scape goat for the poor performance of the O, he has been around for 6 years and the personal along with the performance has to fall on his shoulders to a large extent.

The O was bad the OC takes the fall. Nothing wrong with that if the new management actually fixes it.

6. blackrob

blackrob New Member

Great news, however, the job is not done yet! We still have to do something with Sanchez; especially in light of that Daily News reports. Whether it be a bonifide backup that can challenge him for the starting position or a straight up trade...something has to be done here.
    Let's also not ignore that we a need a feared pass rusher. Maybin looks good right now, but he can't do it alone...I don't think.

But all in all.....Thank you Woody, Tannenbaum, and Rex for finally listening to me!
    It feels like Christmas!

7. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

I don't take much stock in that made-up fabrication by Manish of all people....

Just get a RT who can pass-block, re-sign Braylon Edwards(Cheap) and maybe get a Robert Meachum along with him, and draft the best available Pass-Rusher.

Do all that and we'll have the Good Mark Sanchez again in 2012.

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Was Haley signed?

9. k311

k311 Member

As a Jets fan and as a Florida Gators fan, the only thing better than the jets getting rid of Schotty would be if Alabama hired him as is rumored. Unloading my hated OC onto one of the Gators' rivals would just be outstanding.

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

11. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Congratulations. He may not have been the only problem the Jets had this year but he was one of them. So do people think the Jets cut him a deal to get him to go? (i.e. we'll pay you half of what we owe you etc(

12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Schotty to coach Alabama's offense would be a great fit for him...The guy is passive and college offenses are typically keen on his vanilla offense.

He will do well there i think

13. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

It wouldn't surprised me if some money was passed under the table.

14. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

15. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Schotty's competition for the Alabama job is Dirk Koetter wonder how that one will work out...

16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I expect that is what happened as well.

17. skipper

skipper Member

I think that when they extended him they explained that they were doing it to make him look good and to help him find a new job but also asked for a letter of resignation dated say, end of Jan (it was pretty obvious that they wen't going to be playing in Feb. And if they were on a good run in the playoffs and mutually decided he was going to stay, well, the secret resignation letter could easily be torn up. This way he wouldn't be a lame duck and lose the O (which he did anyway) all the while knowing that they never would have to pay the money since it isn't owed if someone quits on his own. They could seem to be supportive but all the while they all knew he'd be gone in Jan since they could produce the letter of resignation anytime they wanted to.

18. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

Damn dude, you act like he was the devil.

19. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

No doubt. I'm sure there was a mutually beneficial settlement. Shotty isn't dumb. No way he just walked away from all that money. Plus, it's obvious the Jets gave him an opportunity to resign in lieu of being fired.

20. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I keep hearing the we may get Haley as well , so is it written in stone that Sparano will be the O coordinator??