Retiring WR Mason says dysfunctional Jets 'were a mess'

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by thirtyoddfreestyle, Jan 9, 2012.

1. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

he said nothing new.

3. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Love the comment on the bottom from the Pats fan that said Revis is overrated.

4. tdoublee

tdoublee Active Member

So Mason was the scapegoat... interesting. Like he said, the player(s) that complained may never be revealed but I'm sure we can take a wild guess as to who it was. I suppose airing this dirty laundry is ok since he is not in our locker room anymore and about to retire.

I'll take this with a grain of salt since Mason is known to be emotional and is probably still bitter, but the way these cryptic statements sound our locker-room was probably lost from week 1 on. The sad thing is we will probably end up keeping the culprit(s) around next season in the locker room.

5. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

On the one hand, I'm sure Mason is right that the Jets lockerroom was crazy dysfunctional.

On the other hand, what do you expect him to say? "Yeah, I was a huge bitch and deserved to get run out of town after just a few games." He's not exactly the most reliable source here.

6. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Between McElroy, Holmes and Mason, it's pretty obvious the locker room was a fucking mess.

Can Rex fix that next year, or is it irreparable? I don't think even the biggest Rex fan thought he'd lose control of the locker room. He needs to get this shit settled, or those 2 AFC title games will become a distant memory quick.

7. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Mason is a piece of shit. Always was, and still is. I HATED when we signed him.

8. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

Nothing new here just an old washed up has been, piling on the team that ran gum out of town.

9. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Mason was here for a few weeks and did nothing. People thought Rex was blowing smoke about Kerley taking his spot when Mason was cut and Kerley was leaps and bounds better than Mason. So they dealt with one cancer, Holmes is a valuable player who won a bunch of games for us, so they will make the effort to get that fixed.

10. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

"Retiring WR Mason"??? How about "Lousy-WR-who-can-no-longer-crack-an-NFL-roster Mason"? It fits better.

11. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I found this part interesting (and maybe it's new?)

Notice, he's implying that someone else complained to Rex Ryan or Mike Tannenbaum. He knows who it is, and he hopes it comes out.

So who are the suspects? Holmes would be #1. But Holmes knew going in what the offense was going to be like. Could it have been Plax? That seems unlikely. Did Sanchez complain? He does seem to be the one that would have the clout to bitch to Tanny, but he doesn't have the experience in another system to do so.

Did someone go to Rex, with Rex doing nothing, and then go to Tanny? If so, that is pretty telling.

12. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Didn't he get released in Houston, too? I'm sure that was also the Jets fault.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Did Mason ever really trash the Jets after he left? In this article he seems to be indicating players, not coaches, are the problem. I.E. Santonio Holmes.

14. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Rex will have his hands full next year. I don't think he can ignore this.