Mark Sanchez played Hurt?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Braylon4ever, Jan 8, 2012.

1. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

Understood. But I think his brain was more of a factor in his interceptions that his arm was.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

his #1 receiver (in his eyes) didn't want to play for the Jets unless he was paid 12 million a year.,.fuck him

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It was obvious to anyone watching him that he wasn't healthy BUT he played through it and didn't perform so he still deserves criticism.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Nearly everyone in the league is playing hurt the last month of the season. He definitely seems like a tough, durable guy, but I'm not going to excuse his poor play because he was playing hurt. It's not like he was playing with a high ankle sprain.

5. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

He was playing with a sore shoulder and neck which definitely affects your ability to throw the football.

6. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

I really think the Jets need to go after Manning or Tebow. Sanchez blows - injury or not - and is simply not the answer for the Jets.

7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

If it was messing up his ability to be accurate then yes. We should not be able to kill Favre for playing injured and use it as an excuse for Mark.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Not an excuse, I've been telling people he had a stinger in his throwing shoulder for over a month. Some people just can't see the obvious through their hatred. Every time he got up from a hit for the final 6 games or so he was holding that arm to his body. The Babin hit against Philly must have re-aggravated it.

Here you go:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?p=2381184&highlight=stinger#post2381184

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?p=2375499&highlight=stinger#post2375499

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?p=2368930&highlight=stinger#post2368930

For the people that don't see shit on game day.

#48 abyzmul, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

At this point the past is the past, and it is a near certainty that Sanchez will be back this coming season. So, perhaps he will have gotten over this physical problem, and that in turn will allow him to play football at an acceptable level.

But the one thing we need to see the Jet FO learn from this is that they need a real backup Qb. Perhaps McElroy is the man, but we really don't know.

The one thing we do know is it should not be a player coach like Brunell.

10. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

this is probably the same guy who would give dalton a pass b/c Watts made an unbelievable play vs a stupid throw...

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Chronic pain changes the way things connect in your mind. Severe pain changes everything. I've seen people that I knew were extremely competent and accountable become ass-dragging dead weights on my team when their back went out for a few months and they were afraid to have the surgery necessary to correct it.

The quick throws Sanchez was making make sense now. He wasn't willing to take a hit for the pass because the hit likely was going to hurt like hell. This is not on Sanchez this is on the Jets for not having protection around him this season and for not having a competent backup to come in and take the hits when Sanchez wasn't going to be able to manage them.

Mark Sanchez averaged 6.9 YPA through the Denver game. He averaged 5.6 thereafter.

12. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Yeah, and we gave the new number one a shit ton of money, and look what he did. Fuck him too.

13. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

You do realize that sg3 was being sarcastic....right? :rolleyes:

14. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Agreed. There many older/verteran QB's floating around looking for jobs. We need to have one that can push Mark even more in the offseason. Either way we need a RT and a new OC otherwise our offense may looks as pathetic or even worse.

15. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I agree. Throwing two picks to a DL instead of taking the sack was a killer vs Miami and had nothing to do with being hurt, it was decision-making. I give him credit for playing hurt, but you have to play within whatever limitations you have and try not to hurt the team, as we saw with Pennington at the end of the 2004 season.

Agree with this, too. The need for Brunell as mentor/backup has passed, Sanchez has played a few seasons now. We need a guy who can be a factor if Sanchez is hurt or ineffective, he can't just think he's in the job like the pope. I don't think McElroy is the guy, I think it should (and will) be a veteran who becomes available between now and camp.

16. abyzmul

This is a good post. The week following the apparent stinger injury against Denver, Sanchez relinquished 3 first team snaps to Brunell and then put on a pouty 'I'm not talking to him' routine when asked about Rex's decision. 3 snaps. It wouldn't even have been news if not for the act he put on in the locker room after practice.

That stinks of entitlement. Sanchez need some fire under his ass because comfort sure isn't doing the job.

#56 abyzmul, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  17. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

He was hurt after last season too (shoulder). And didnt have surgery on it. No structured offseason to prepare either = fail.

18. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

That's my thought, too. If that annoyed him, bringing in a viable #2 QB would certainly send the message from above, even if Rex wants to stick with the mantra that Sanchez is the long term guy. I mean he should be, but he also needs to realize that nothing is set in stone in the NFL. Ask Drew Bledsoe about that.

19. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Might sound stupid but ever since Mark started here..during press conferences..the one thing that has always stuck out to me as how small Mark is. I dont mean height...I mean shoulders....arms...chest...even his neck.

Doesnt seem like a guy that can take much hitting at all. Tough? I guess so.

20. abyzmul

I agree, his frame doesn't appear built to withstand the punishment he's going to be taking if they don't get the O-line situation figured out posthaste. I made a post on this a while back here, although I kind of went back on that outlook for a while after seeing the types of hits he was bouncing up from, and I was impressed with his durability.

But he's going to end up being one of those guys that has neck and shoulder and knee surgeries for the rest of his life, because you can only take so much punishment when you are built like he is.