PFT Speculates Sporano/Haley combo would fit Jets.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

I didn't know that either 'till you mentioned it. Wow!

2. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Because it's important to put Shotty's best interests ahead of the Jets.

Don't want to can him and ruin his chances of being a HC.

UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

3. Braylon4ever

How much does LF make?

Ever thought about THAT? :rolleyes:

Jets would have to get rid of practically their entire team in order to afford LF.

Get Braylon back and it would be somewhat like he's throwing to LF(SOMEWHAT, I said....lol )

4. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Would Sanchez be able to hit LF on target on a deep route, that's the question.

5. Braylon4ever

Look at his throw to Braylon against the Texans last year. You know...the one pass prior to his throw to Holmes in the endzone for the game-winner? :rolleyes:

I'd say he'd be able to hit Larry....

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I just get the feeling at this point that the Jets are a very unaccountable organization. Why would they hire two people who could be the offensive coordinator to get the job done? All that will do is diffuse the credit and blame if things work really well or don't work out.

Who can really tell who is responsible for the current mess between Brian Schottenheimer, Bill Callahan and Matt Cavanaugh? Do the Jets really want to diffuse that responsibility some more by splitting the offensive coordinator duties as well?

I mean it's true that Schotty and Callahan have kind of shared duties, with Schotty the main guy and Calllahan the guy they turned too when Ground and Pound became necessary, but is it really necessary to continue a split arrangement like that? Is there anything more likely to mess with Sanchez head going into next season than having two bosses between him and Rex in addition to a QB coach?

I'm assuming this idea did not originate in the Jet's FO and get leaked as a trial balloon. If it did we've got real issues going forward.

7. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

That would be one heck of a reality show, ex dolphin coach joining Rex, and Hothead Haley trying to manage holmes.

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Yeah but he was open so it didn't count

9. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Good post. He hit Braylon for MANY big passes

10. laxin

laxin Active Member

Just the way the organization is handling it so far is not very encouraging. No accountability whatsoever. No player has come out and said anything truly encouraging; its all "this team is corrupt or its in shambles"...

At this point, I could care less about being respectful to Schotty, its time this bum is put in his place and fired. The whole offensive coaching staff needs to be replaced for the most part.

And the idea of two offensive coordinators is just a setup for disaster. Its a setup for failure, and setup up so that failure could be pushed on either one of the two "coordinators".

The organization quickly needs to breath hope into all of the upset and frantic fans. People are quickly turning on the team, and are not behind their decisions. At least by changing the OC, its allows for the fans to look towards next season and hope for a better year. Each day Schotty is on the coaching staff is hope dwindling away.

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

12. Jetsfan11

Jetsfan11 New Member

Yeah, both those offenses sucked. Lets hire their coaches anyway!

13. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It just blows my mind. Sanchez can obviously make the throw, so why was this stripped from the game plan this year? Why was our system so one dimensional? I mean, I understood getting back to ground and pound but when they tried to get their "identity" back, they went way to extreme with it.

run, run, short dump off, punt... Rinse & Repeat. Did we even try to stretch the field more then 3 or 4 times?

That video just got me really frustrated. ha

14. laxin

laxin Active Member

We didnt have the personnel, and combine that with Schotty's dink and dump mentality and you get this year.

None of our receivers could get open like Edwards could. Holmes cant handle a double team, and when he doesnt get his looks because he's not open, he quits. We all know that Plax did absolutely nothing from 20 to 20 and thats because he's slow as shit.

Combine receivers who cant get open with a line that struggled to give Sanchez 2 seconds with out a 280 lb man in his face and the offense looks abysmal.

15. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

No Haley to Jets he's returning to the Cards, per La Canfora:

Jason La Canfora:
    Sounds like Todd Haley will be back on the Cards offensive coaching staff by next week. Makes sense for all parties #insideslant

16. Braylon4ever

I don't think so....He had a defender almost stride-for-stride with him, I think.

17. Braylon4ever

WINNER! :beer:

Chicks dig the DEEP BALL. :smile:

Why?

The JETS Front-Office is stupid enough to let our ONLY TRUE DEEP THREAT LEAVE and OVERPAY an overrated #2 Receiver....and you're asking WHY? What do you think? :rofl2:

18. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Duhh.. Did any of you ever think that maybe Schotty is so brilliant that his departure would require TWO Offensive minds to replace him?

19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. Quite obvious now - but the hindsight is 20/20 all the time. Jets released wrong receiver and signed wrong one as well too.

2. That said, however, it still doesn't account for the offensive ineptitude/inconsistency Jets exhibited this year. Same QB, and nearly same OL, with nearly same run game - just one WR gone, and the offense is literally dysfunctional?

3. As someone said above, Schottenheimer's plan is to complement the running game with short passing attack. This is a match made in hell. (SDF people always keep saying Sanchez is too inaccurate to be counted on - but I have news flash for you, SDF folks. QB in short passing attack needs to be more cerebral, with better touch and accuracy. Tell me, when was Montana known for his cannon arm? Didn't Bill Walsh admit he had to custom-tailor the offense because Joe didn't have that cannon arm usual prototypical QBs possess? If you want to defend Schottenheimer, you would have to do more than "Rex hasn't fired him so STFU" - convince me how short passing attack is an effective weapon to neutralize defense loading up the box to stop the rush. Then we will talk.)

20. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: