If the Jets go 8-8 or worse next season...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by akibud, Jan 4, 2012.

1. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Nicely played!!!! :beer:

2. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

As was the second one. The Patriots played like shit for three quarters. Mind you so did we, but we were still down only one score going into the 4th. Completely in it.

3. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

The problem with the Jets Front Office is that they bring in these supposed superstars and expect to win. They do not understand that you need just as many grinders on the team who will do whatever it takes to win. Jets have signed too many selfish asshats recently who do not give a shit about making the necessary sacrifices to win.

4. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

How about the Jets FO(aka Tanny) deciding to "Fix what ain't broken" by letting a KEY Player(WR) leave all 'cause he was chasing Rainbows with ASO(who ended up in Philly)?

I mean if you think about it, that offense was effective IN SPITE of Schitty running it 'cause of that "KEY Player".

5. raphac

raphac New Member

Id love to have/had braylon back

6. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

8-8 next season + heads will roll

7. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Before this can be answered we need to know what's gonna happen in the off season. If the Jets make a purge & purposely take some cap hits for one season just to clean out the locker room then 8-8 would probably be viewed as a successful step in the rebuilding process.

Assuming they bring back essentially the same roster, Rex & Tanny would get one more season after 8-8. Rex & Tanny would have to show something better afterwards or be in trouble. Three straight 8 win seasons (or worst) would be tough for even Rex & Tanny supporters to explain.

#47 ajax, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Sure but they also downgraded the talent. Edwards to Burress was a downgrade save for RZ production. Woody to Hunter was a downgrade. Richardson to Conner was technically a downgrade but Conner is a 2nd year player first year starter he'll get better. Cotch to Kerley was a downgrade.

I honestly can't remember who the starting safety was last year opposite Leonhard, was it Smith?

Depends how they go 8-8 but I think if Woody spends money and the team goes 8-8 I think Tannenbaum would be shown the door

9. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I like the fix, nice work :beer:

10. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

8-8 maybe a good year...what about 6-10?

11. mrodriguez4096

mrodriguez4096 New Member

There are a lot of moving parts as someone said earlier. At this moment it would be very hard to predict what your record will be at the end of next season.

A few things need to play out.

- Will your GM provide your coach with good players(players that fit the system)?

- Will your qb take the step needed for your team to compete?

- Will you avoid taking any major injuries through the course of the season?

- Will the FS or SS position be answered?

These are some of the questions I would ask myseld if I was a fan of your team.

12. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Same with your suggestion of possible losses. They won the ones they won and lost the ones they lost.

13. njjet

njjet Member

The biggest problem is the "win now" mentality. Start building a solid team by keeping draft choices and trading players to acquire additional draft choices. The Jets are building a team with out a good foundation. We need a much better OL, DL and LBers. How can we get more and better draft choices. Tannenbaum has to do a better job in the Drafting department. We need better personnell.

14. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I'm a big believer in building through the draft so wouldn't be against doing a kind of retooling for a few years to get the necessary pieces to make that next step. I don't think they need a full tear down and rebuild.

As for the "win now" mentality: you can't really blame people. You combine the fact that we've been so long without a SB win with the fact that we made it within one game of being there for two consecutive years gives the impression "we just need that one last player to make it there."

Personally I don't think we have good enough receivers, offensive line and I'm not convinced that Greene is good enough to win it all for us.

15. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Fireable offense.

The schedule is very easy for our division....

16. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

No playoffs= No Rex and Mr T

17. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

That is hilarious.

Well played!

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I normally don't like threads like this, in large part because as you point out, as did those posters who talk about the too many injuries variable, unknown circumstances can definitely change the answer.

Having said that, and making the same assumption you do, I disagree that both would be back after 8-8 next season. Well, what I really think is this team might not make it to 8-8, and I think the risk of that is mostly laid on Tanny.

Look at the situation with Holmes and his contract and then look at the holes and resignings necessary to be dealt with through the whole roster. Where is the room to deal with all that?

That is probably another thread.

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Cotch to Mason and then to Kerley.

20. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

I have to wonder if the catalyst to Cotch wanting out is because the Jets let Braylon go and went and replaced him with Plax?

I really believe Cotch would've stayed had they kept the receiving corp intact. Just saying...