Marshawn Lynch

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rinvesto, Jan 4, 2012.

1. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

I believe will be a free agent. Jets should go after him, he talked about coming here when he was in Buffalo, and is the type of runner we need

2. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

salary cap

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Dude eats skittles! The NY media doesn't allow for that type of behavior!

Seriously though, I'd love to have this beast, but he's probably going to get more money than a RB with his miles is worth. Get a good RT and pickup a speedy back near the middle of the draft.

4. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

I would wait to see how much he cost, I don't want to spend too much on a FA running back unless its like Matt Forte or someone of that nature, Marshawn is a bit overrated IMO.

5. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I know he'll be franchised but i'm TEBOWING FOR RAY RICE!

6. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

The way he played this year, he would be phenomenal here. Forte is a better complement to Greene since he's a better pass catcher, but look at what Lynch did in his last 11 games or so. He runs like a mad man. Rex would absolutely love him.
    cati
    Not sure if signing a free agent runningback is the best allocation of resources. The money keeps moving away from the lines and into the skill position players. And runningbacks age so quickly, it's better you draft guys who can play. Hopefully, Powell or McKnight can enough to pick up LT's carries.

7. OverloadBlitz

Meh he only average 4.0 Yds per rush for his career he's hard to bring down but I wouldn't pay Marshawn big money, just me personally.

8. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Greene, McKnight, Lynch...sounds like a quality backfield to me if LT doesn't return.

9. OverloadBlitz

I want LT to return though, I swear he looked like the same old LT to me this season just didn't get nowhere near enough carries he hasn't lost a step IMO we just need to give him opportunities.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If the Jets really want to run between the tackles they need to have 2 or 3 backs who can do that on a consistent basis. When Greene is not banged up he's capable of that, but he's banged up every year. McKnight was a walking fumble inside in training camp and so he never got called upon during the regular season. LT is getting up there in years and he was never a great up the gut runner in the first place although he was a wonderful launcher at the goal line. Powell we know nothing about at this point other than the Jets chose not to activate him much this year.

Marshawn Lynch would be a definite upgrade for the Jets if he was reasonably obtainable. Matt Forte would be a great upgrade but likely unobtainable given the Jets other needs.

There are probably a dozen backs out there that will change teams this winter who would be a clear upgrade for the Jets. RB is a depth position. You really cannot have too many backs. This is why it makes sense to plan to have RB's be your gunners on ST's. It's like giving the team an expanded replacement pool at the most banged up position on the field.

11. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Bilall Powell highlights

Kid has speed. Never really touched in any carry in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKERqz7G3UU
    Lets pray to the football gods that when we let this kid play the oline can open up holes like in the video.

12. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

He had a good year since it was contract year. I'd worry about over-paying and under-producing. In a big way.

13. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

He was a big help in my fantasy teams this year...

14. cardken

cardken New Member

Tolbert (San Diego), Cedric Benson (Cincy) or Ben Tate (Hou) are a viable option through Free Agency. They need a strong 1-2 Punch in the Backfield. This takes pressure off Sanchez.

15. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

I love how lynch runs the ball. Dude is a beast, but that comes with a price.

I would love to see Tate in green and white.

16. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

holy shit

never saw this, the third run is sick

17. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Fourth! but ya he does. I would like to see him intergrated into our offense next year.

18. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I like Tolbert because he's good catching the ball out of the backfield. How are Tate's hands?

Damn, he is quick! Great vision and cutback ability to boot. Give me more of this guy next season!

#18 Dirty6Sanchez, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  19. VernonGholston

VernonGholston New Member

Lynch has always had the talent and always ran hard. His style isn't going to last long though. And even after his 4 game suspension, he still was doing shady stuff.

I liked him as Bill and hope he has matured. But he is a ticking time bomb.

20. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

With everything that has happened with Holmes they aren't going to throw big money at a guy with questionable background.