Sanchez vs. Schotty - If you could only dump ONE, which one?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Jan 3, 2012.

?

If the Jets could only dump ONE of these two, who would you choose?

1. Mark Sanchez

10.1%
  2. Brian Schottenheimer

89.9%
  1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

According to BGA, on the Jetsblog, the OL is still top ten. You can't judge the OL solely by sacks, since sacks are often the fault of the Qb, as is painfully obvious in the case of Sanchez. He holds on to the ball too long, has poor pocket presence. You know how you can tell?

Look at Qb hits stat. At 70, the Jets are 22nd, with 1 being the worst. And "bottom third" is misleading, since the sack total is 13th, meaning roughly average.

So, the Jet OL is top third in the league in avoiding QB hits! What a great line!

In short, you selected a misleading stat and mischaracterized it to make the OL look worse and Sanchez better. Tsk tsk.

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

It is interesting, I think, that the Jets would be 13th in sacks allowed and 22nd in total Qb hits.

What does that say about Sanchez?

3. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Schotty. He has been here too long and accomplished too little. I do not like carryover coaches.

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

No... I disliked Schotty since Favre was here.... my response on page :1

5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

the fact that schitty is not at 100% is truly baffling.

6. TomlinsonRockNGreen

TomlinsonRockNGreen New Member

Look at the stats. Eli Manning has a superbowl and his first two, three years are not really any different than what Sanchez's stats are. Give him time. Sanchez can be the guy.

7. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

That he is a LOT tougher than people give him credit for?

8. NOTdennisrodman

NOTdennisrodman New Member

Shotty must go !

In my opinion , and its strong at that.. Shotty should take the Jags job and get the hell outta NY.. Promote Bill Calahan to OC and ground and pound like the past 2 seasons.

Sanchize is good on play action so why not run the ball 30-35 times a game.. let him take his 18-22 pass attempts, and be done with it.. It isnt that hard to understand that hes not an elite qb, hes a game manager. you can not put all your faith in the kid.. think of big ben and how they played him early on.. the steelers ran 75 percent and threw 25 percent.. what does Calahan do.. RUN HEAVY

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Callahan runs the WCO. As bad a fit for this personnel as what Schotty was running. I'd prefer they cleaned house with the offensive coaching staff and brought in a fresh mind with schemes that have a chance to be successful.

10. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

THANK YOU! Thats our problem to begin with. Enough with the hold overs. The offense is bad. Let EVERYONE go and bring in some fresh faces. Schotty should have left with Mangini.