Jets Monday locker room Meltdown

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by OverloadBlitz, Jan 2, 2012.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

2. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

yeah, i can see your point

but dude, is that "least knowledgeable award" serious? hahahhah
    i didn't know they had these kind of awards here

3. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Hence the reason I mentioned coaching.

4. AlbanyJets

AlbanyJets New Member

The fact of the matter is that every middle-of-the-pack team has a contingent of fans saying, "Call me crazy, but I don't think we're that far off."

The Jets didn't really under-perform their talent. They were overhyped. They have one superstar (Revis), a group of good players and then a group of average and below average players. It's pretty much the same story with about 10 other teams. The middle tier.

They're not very close to championship contention, but they're also not near the bottom of the league. They need several years of excellent drafting and free agent signings before they'd be a legitimate title contender. There's no particular reason to believe Tannenbaum can achieve that, but yaneverknow.

5. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

Slauson talks too much

6. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

"...he is one of the best coaches this team has ever had"

Is that really saying much?

7. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

You sound like a punk ass thug...

8. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Rex needs to stop being a pussy and run this team. I will not support a group of fucking spoiled children.

9. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Why does the Offensive line have so much to say? PPL complain about Bart and Tone, if anything, the O Line should be the 1st ones to STFU. Especially Wayne Hunter's bitch ass.

10. gizmo253

gizmo253 Member

Tone gets alot of shit from the media/fans and was a typical fall guy in this situation. Basically Tone is a competitor he is the guy who prides himself on making big plays and boosting his ego. His entire life revolves around how he plays in each game/season. Now that the money issues are aside it doesnt take away his competitive drive. Think about it.....Santonio has been a dissapointment to not only our fan base and team, but to himself this season. He has consistently been upset with the fact that sanchez is getting blasted by defenders everytime wayne hunter decides not to turn to his right to block somebody. The line was a complete embarassment and after they fucked up the entire season, all the fans see is that Plax is making plays, and Santonio pretty much lost the game for us in Philly and has been a non factor ever since. Has anyone who has ever played the game of football ever see the superstar kid on your team get shut out for a game? he goes ballistic. Now imagine getting shut out for a season, with a QB who is gun shy due to a piece of shit offensive line? with an ancient brandon moore who talks shit but gets pushed into the backfield on every single play, or wayne hunter who is good for atleast 5 pressures and 2 sacks a game at the worst time?

Think of how many drives the OL fucked up with stupid penalties and untimely sacks. How many times they tried to occupy a zone blocking scheme but wayne hunter couldnt pick up the right defender?? that shit has got to be seriously frustrating for 2 competitors such as Sanchez and Holmes. Im not happy with the way shit went down but im not completely suprised.

Would you have been happier if they went down like a bunch of bitches? after going down like a bunch of bitches. Ide rather see them upset, showing that they care. Because between Holmes and Sanchez getting a check for around 1 mil each game, its encouraging to see them upset, because i know my ass wouldnt be able to stop smiling even if i was as bad as vernon fucking gholston. Shit dewayne robertson is still laughing his ass to the bank. John Abraham was a whiney bitch as well and we shipped him off and hes been a beast for most of his career.

Star players have egos, shit happens, a game to us is life to them. Rex will right this ship, but it needs to happen fast because our D is starting to decline and our O is starting to look like a total disaster rather than a work in progress.

11. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

going to disagree with the both sides of the ball argument.
    Jets defense was #5 in total yards allowed.
    5th in the league in passing yards allowed.
    13th in the league in rushing yards allowed.
    They were however 20th in the league in points allowed. But part of that was an offense that gave away the ball 31 times, 4th highest in the league. consider this about the defense, Of the 363 points that the Jets gave up this season, 136 of those came off of turnovers, the most in the league. The offense repeatedly left the Jets defense in short field defense position.

12. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

Based on those rankings, I'd say we have a "break but don't bend" defense.

13. akibud

akibud Active Member

precisely so, again, I have to say this is most likely the main reason why the Ravens did not hire Ryan to be their head coach. The fact of the matter is, he walks and talks like he's a player. He does not display leadership over his team, he treats them like pals and expects that they will hold up their end and be awesome players.... because he told them they are awesome.

14. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Everyone is acting like this sort of thing has never happened before

All you have to do is look down the hall to the Giants dressing room... pathetic late season collapses...players mouthing off at each other...underachievers...disruptive wide receivers...skittish QBs...a beleaguered coach and GM...disgruntled, over-reactive fan base...

NFL is about unwarranted praise when you win and kick-'em when they're down when you lose. Rex needs to tone it down when they win and develop a thick skin when they lose. The Jets will turn it around.

15. Mr. Green Pants

Oh, yeah, it's been a walk in the park for Sanchez. No one even remembers he played badly on Sunday!

16. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Its all a side show...only thing that matters is the performance on the field, wins and losses. Fact of the matter is that them talking had absolutely NOTHING to do with them being 8-8 this year, their lack of talent on the field did. End of story. This is just a story of one idiot wide receiver that people are blowing out of proportion. Projecting this one incident onto the entire coaching staff's methods in their locker-room management is ludicrous. This happens absolutely ALL THE F'N TIME in this league. It has to do with Santonio, not with Rex and company. Stop with the foolishness.

17. Mr. Green Pants

Tom Coughlin's the ultimate hard ass and he's battled this kind of situation several times during his time as the Giants' Head Coach. No doubt, Rex has to adjust his approach, but let's not pretend this sort of thing can't happen with a disciplinarian coach.

18. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

+1 !!!!!!!

19. akibud

akibud Active Member

agreed, now we get to see what Ryan is made of. Does he dismiss this turmoil as just something that will pass AFTER WE START WINNING AGAIN!. Or, does he make adjustments in how he coaches/manages the team personnel. It is obvious that the team dynamic is easily affected by not winning. Especially if it might be clear to some teammates that others have quit or are inept!

20. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

That's a real good point. And I'm assuming (read: not just hoping) that Rex will work this out. Following the comments - anonymous, of course - of the players over the last two days, Rex wasn't just benignly neglectful, he was complicit. When a player says that his conduct (e.g. chest bumping Santonio after a touchdown) left them with the clear sense that Rex stood with Santonio when he was bursting his pimples in the face of the rest of the offense, that's actually contributing to the problem. That's a pretty unique twist to the coach/player dynamic.

But, again, I EXPECT Rex to correct it. Because I assume he wants to keep his job.