Holmes

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Nilton, Jan 1, 2012.

1. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure either. If Rex, the head coach, really isn't aware of what's going on, that's a huge indictment. On the other hand, I'm at a point where I don't think I should listen or believe a word that comes out of his mouth when he talks to the media anymore. Maybe he was just doing his usual BS to divert blame.

I just don't know. The whole collapse and the way there seems to be bedlam in the locker room has me concerned.

2. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

3. twown

twown Well-Known Member

4. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Exactly. I'm glad they let him go out there. Let him get what he has to say off his chest. And he didn't have much. Gives the media and fans a better insight to what happened by giving him the chance to talk. And he gave us nothing.

5. MikeSLTJ23

I feel like I'm the only person that doesn't have an issue with Rex not being aware that it happened.

He's not supposed to be a babysitter, and the head coach should trust his coordinators to do their job while he oversees the game plan basically. As much as I dislike Schottenheimer, I feel like he made the right move on Holmes and more power to him for not running to Rex looking for a blessing to bench him.

6. KWJetsFan

My issue is when Rex is watching the Jets last ditch, possibly game and season saving drive, why doesn't he ask someone why his $50MM receiver isn't in the game? You'd think he's want to at least know.

7. MikeSLTJ23

I agree, but I think he downplayed it in the press conference to deflect criticism, not to invite it. I'm sure once he realized it, by then it was too late anyway to bother. So why dwell on it when you have 52 other guys you need to coach and try to win this game with? It's the 4th quarter, I think there's more important things for him to worry about than "Where is Santonio?" Frankly, if he were pacing the sidelines yelling mad about it, I'd be MORE concerned because then it'd show that he's less focused on the play on the field.

8. KWJetsFan

I think you are probably right. I have to believe that is the more likely scenario. Can't imagine him not noticing or caring enough to ask why he isn't playing.

9. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Disappointed after the game, i sure he was in Jets mode.(Just end the season)

10. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

The whole thing makes not a lick of sense. How about the offensive coaches upstairs? When they were discussing things with Schotty in the headset, was there just no mention of Holmes being benched? Was Rex not paying attention to those discussions? When Rex said that "someone told me that (Holmes) was on the bench," did it not even occur to him to ask why? The whole explanation is all very implausible. I'm glad the move was made, but I think this is where abyzmul has Rex pegged correctly - when he's at the podium, sometimes he just runs off at the mouth without thinking very clearly.

11. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

It would be one thing if Holmes was a huge producer this season but had the attitude issues, but the fact that he didn't even do much on the field AND seems to be a cancer off of it is what makes me think we need to get rid of this jackass.

12. Scottso

Scottso Member

Well look on the bright side, this draft is loaded at wide receiver. A really nice receiver playing on ESPN right now for South Carolina in Alshon Jeffery. Michael Floyd would also be nice. Justin Blackmon will probably be long gone, but the Jets must get a big time receiver from this draft.

13. Mason

Mason New Member

THIS^

We must get a top receiver in this draft.

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sg3
    holmes was right

he spent a whole season in the huddle listening to dumbassed plays called by our moron offensive coordinator --- just think back to that series yesterday at midfield when after a penalty, Schittenheimer, in effect played for a punt--

Holmes is a frustrated with that ignoramus and his playcalling as you and I and every Jet fan is and finally said so

I SALUTE HIM

Colleen
    "Then you too... are a douchebag. Would you/Do you teach your kids to be quitters and act like assholes when things aren't going exactly their way? "

Colleen take a bow-------ding ding ding on the money!
    Most of us hate Shotty--most,,,,,but to condone what this ass clown did yesterday is ridiculous :sad:

#175 CBG, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  15. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

Okay, Santonio Holmes quit on the #Jets, now let's quit on him. Let's make today Unfollow @santonio10 Day - RT it... #NYJ

that was retweeted by santonio holmes...idk what to make of it...does he see it as a joke?

16. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Man fuck this piece of shit. We are stuck with his ass too.

17. lakersmetsjets49ers

exactly. i don't think anyones upset with holmes for being mad, but there's a place and a time for things and dirty laundry shouldn't be aired out in public. no one player is bigger then the team. if you have a problem handle it behind closed doors rather then playing a role in making this offseason much more turmoil filled.

18. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

This is how I see it also, did he about it the right way? maybe not, but he is probably looking at the offense BS has in place and its frustrating to him that it's a crappy scheme.

Some people are not as diplomatic as others when it comes to expressing themselves. Maybe he is not prone to the Abilene Paradox and speaks up because he knows that just going along with what they are doing is not going to get the results they want.

19. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

I realize hindsight is 20/20 but, how in the world did Tannenbaum sign Holmes to such a massive deal without an escape clause?

It's not like the Jets were in a bidding war with other teams. If you're a savvy GM you know the Steelers were happy to unload him for a bag of shells. Holmes was lights out last season now the Jets are out in the dark.