The guy that needs to be fired is REX RYAN

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjet0912, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakersmetsjets49ers

i'm assuming he's referring to having norv be the OC, which his track record has proven him to be great at wherever he's gone.

norv is an average head coach at best but a great offensive coordinator

2. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

yes//////////

3. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

4. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

I can completely agree with that, but with someone calling for Rex to get fired I honestly thought it was entirely possible for him to be suggesting Norv as HC. He would be a great OC and I would love to see it happen.

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

U kno what, for anyone whos saying Rex should be fired need to leave. Go become a fish fan because the Jets arent the right team for you, sorry.

6. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

i made this thread to make a point...its ok to call for the cutting/firing of every player or coach on this team, but as soon as you criticize rex, well thats off limits. well the point is its time for him to be accountable for the shit hes fucked up too and change his style or hes gonna be gone too. you mods can close this thread if you want...

7. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Shame this thread hasn't been bombed with pics of dinosaurs and pizza

8. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

The only person that intelligent fans are calling for is Schotty and honestly look at his body of work he should have been gone after Favre. Sanchez and Rex get a pass because of their previous success. The offense as a whole has been disgusting and I agree Rex owns a fair share of the blame for not being a complete coach.

9. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Almost 90% of the people who would do that have been banned. It's a damn shame too because this thread could use it.

10. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

obviously i dont think he should be fired right now, but if doesnt change the way he runs this team and his locker room, he will and should be. i just wanted to point out that he should stop being bullet proof on this board, and people should stop acting like hes some sort of god

11. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

He is obviously not bullet proof any more he gave that up, but he still gets a pass.

12. lakersmetsjets49ers

better coaches who've won super bowls have gotten fired. no one is untouchable.

to me i think whatever damage rex will get over time will be self inflicted. his job is safe right now and unless they flat out suck next season his job is most likely safe but if he keeps shooting himself in the foot with guarantees and what not he's going to start feeling the heat.

the only guarantee i want from him is that the team does everything possible to improve next season.

13. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Somethings are better kept to yourself.

This board is full of chicken littles.

WTF the sky is not falling.

Relax!

14. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Everything has been said already, but I can't help but saying myself this is an awful thread. Two AFCCG's in 3 years. With a rookie/sophomore quarterback! Its gonna be a long off-season.

15. TheGreenCantona

I think critics of Rex in this thread are lacking nuances and therefore off the mark.

You need two things as a leader of any team, vision and execution. I think RR is a very strong visionary, as in he knows what he wants to build, he knows where he wants to go and how. Ground and pound, with a stout defense and SB every year.

He is also good at getting people to follow his vision and buying into it.

Where he fails (so far) is in execution. Any good leader will have to ruthlessly follow his conviction and execute every little detail in that spirit. That is not Rex Ryan yet, but it could be if given time.

I am not sure we will see a better Sanchez, I am not sure schotty is a poor OC and would better with another qb, but I am convinced that RR will learn from this and be a more ruthless leader to get want he wants. He will have been very hurt by Holmes quitting on the team as he has always supported him. That will leave marks.

Jets doesn't need to do big changes, they just have to improve increments towards rex's vision and they will get there. If they sack schotty and mark on the way that is beside the point.

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

except nobody is pointing out how fucking stupid this thread is and the mind that would think up something so asinine because you are criticizing Rex, they are doing so because you claimed he should be fired.

I don't see anyone offended by or defensive of criticism of Rex. but criticizing what Rex did poorly this season isn't the same as claiming he should be fired.

so your little 2nd grade research project failed because you don't even grasp the methodology required. if you want to see how people respond to criticism or Rex, criticize him. all yo accomplished with this thread was how people would respond to a cry for his firing.

17. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

this thread sucks moose cock

18. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Say whatever you want but Rex is not a good HC. He's still got the mentality of a coordinator.

19. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

If you're gonna make a dumbass post, at least take the backlash like a man.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is a next year conversation. If the Jets have an up-season none of us will be calling for Rex and Tanny's heads. If they have a down season there's no way both of them won't be fired.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.