The guy that needs to be fired is REX RYAN

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjet0912, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

You don't know how he is away from the camera's. I respect that he doesn't publicly throw people under the bus. I'm willing to bet he speaks freely where it should happen away from the public eye.

2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Rex gets a pass because this team wasn't going anywhere before he got here. His mentality, his bold and tough demeanor has changed the culture of this team. Even though we just experienced a bad season under Rex, that doesn't change what good he has done for this team already. In such a short amount of time at that.

Rex shouldn't need an excuse. He is a great coach, highly respected around the league by other top head coaches in the league. He knows his shit, it is obvious.

He is also dealing with growing pains as a first time HC. This was to be expected, the problem is that he has had so much success already as our HC, the expectations are crazy high for him now. He would not be taking heat like this if we would have had two mediocre seasons prior to this one.

3. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

When I said got there, I meant to the playoffs. Completely agree. Sanchez was awesome in the playoffs.

4. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

we got to consecutive afc titles dont ya know...didnt win them. hey but we got there. cmon. how long do people wanna live in the past when we still havent done anything. hey back in 2009 and 2010 we went to the AFC CG

5. lakersmetsjets49ers

exactly, guys need to be held accountable. if he guarantees a super bowl or anything like that going into 2012 it's going to be a real bad look. if reporters try to bait him into saying something like that he should just give a generic response long the lines of "were going to do everything possible to be an improved team from last season"

if jimmy johnson could be let go after winning back to back super bowls no one is untouchable coaching wise.

2011 should be seen as a lesson learned, if the team plays hard and shows improvement next year rex will be just fine regardless of what happens imo but if he gives another super bowl guarantee and they don't deliver he's going to be putting himself on the hot seat.

6. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

Is Rex the best coach in the league? Hell No.

Does he have all of the football smarts that a head coach should have? No.

But this guy can take any mediocre player and MAKE THEM BELIEVE IN THEMSELVES. You can have all the talent in the world but without a support system and the positive reinforcement of a head coach that believes in you, then you're pretty much worthless.

He essentially took a bunch of misfits and made them come together and play as a TEAM in 09 and 10 - and a pretty goddamn good team at that.

This year they (Tanny and himself) effed up - and they admitted it today.

They let cancer into the locker room (Holmes/Mason).

Let's face it, our team is pretty much a bunch of mediocre players with the exception of a few, but when they play together, as a TEAM, we can beat ANYONE.

It only takes a single player to ruin what we once had, what Rex built when he got here in 2009.

We HAVE to play like a Jet, Rex's Jet. If not, then we're just another 8-8 team.

7. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

I'm sorry but you are a god damn idiot. Actually I'm not even sorry. How would cleaning house make the Jets better? Who do you bring in as after you fire Rex? Do you just stop at Rex or do you get rid of Sanchez, Holmes, and Scott and go into complete rebuilding mode like tons of people are wanting.

#47 The Jutty, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  8. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Just win a fucking championship so we can eat a God damn snack!

9. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

and for christ sake bring in norv turner

10. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

Talk about a prisioner of the moment. You're the only one who should be fired. What a completely ridiculous statement.

11. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

Pop in your AFC runner-up DVD set if it makes you feel better. 3 seasons with a couple of playoff victories and nothing to show for it. No division titles, AFC titles, or Super Bowls. The team has been mismanaged to the point that the locker room is in total disarray, the payroll has no flexibility, and there are a ton of holes that need to be filled with almost no money. The team is full of the fakest tough guys I've ever seen. I'm not trying to start an argument but just stating the truth. Biggest bunch of frontrunners in the league and the "captain" is the worst culprit of it all. Holmes should go do some more TD dances down 3 touchdowns. How about Rex not guarantee another Super Bowl and worry about running the team the right way?

They can fix this team, but the roster has regressed so badly in the past year and changes need to be made. Sanchez HAS to get better and fast.

12. Mr. Green Pants

This is a pretty accurate assessment of things. The truth is, any coach who has an extended run with a team is going to have times when he has to adjust his approach to suit particular situations/personnel. We know Rex can motivate, we know he can coach "D", but the question remains, can he be a hard ass when discipline starts to slip? I don't think it's an over statement to say Rex's job hinges on him adopting a more disciplined approach next season.

13. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

He brought us back against Cleveland (a shit team) Detroit, Houston, and had a pretty good game in Pittsburgh in week 15.

I love how people forget the good, but always dwell on the bad. Yeah he was bad this season. I am not disputing that. But to give up on him and say he sucks, without even looking at what's around him is just stupid.

14. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Yeah?

2000 - 2008 we didn't come close to getting to the AFCCG.

I think I will take the fact that one HC has been able to take us to back to back AFCCG. That is a really good sign. That tells me that he has been one game away from taking us to a SB. He did it twice, which also tells me that he is capable of consistently putting together an amazing team to contend for a SB year in and year out.

One bad year does not take away from that fact.

15. avrus

avrus New Member

Fire Rex. Lol.

Thanks for the laugh.:lol:

16. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

You want Norv Turner as our HC? Are you serious? You have to be trolling. How many good teams has he failed with in San Diego now?

17. Ohio Jet

Ohio Jet New Member

Ryan has been everything advertised as a defensive mind but has been a poor HC in many respects. His strengths and lighter than Mangini approach mostly over came his weakness in year's one and two.

He is still a new Head Coach in many respects and his success in his first two years covered his weaknesses.

He considers himself a "players coach" and players love to play for him. As a long time coordinator he had the ability to be a guy the players loved because he wasn't the guy pulling the trigger on salary or career decisions. This is common in virtually any management position. The assistants are considered more approachable and in touch because strong manager's keep some sense of decorum and distance as they know they must be in position to make hard decisions in the best interest of the organization. Ryan shouldn't have his player's backs individually before the team, he should have the teams best interests in mind all the time. If a player is making mental mistakes, with holding physical effort or acting in any selfish manner, he should get called out hard. Maybe Ryan does this behind closed doors but it doesn't appear so.

Ryan seems to be a bad influence on the offense. He appears to look at the game with a defensive mind set. I suspect he considers a 2-0 win the perfect ball game. He needs a strong OC who is as aggressive and strong minded on the offensive side of the ball as he is on the defensive side. He needs to get that person and just let him do his job.

These are fixable things. I suspect Rex Ryan will reflect on this year and learn. If not, he won't be a head coach for many more years.

#57 Ohio Jet, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  18. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I like Rex and his shit talking, fun personality. He shouldnt be fired because of the success he has had with the team as a whole and the defense.

He needs to be more involved with the offense. He has to be better at squashing shit like what happened with holmes.

He also has to prepare for contegencies better. What happen
    Last year when leonard went down and this year when mangold went down was ridiculous.

19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

it has nothing to do with living in the past, it has to do with the fact that it signifies a level of coaching ability that this team needs. holy fucking shit, you can't be serious with this dumb fucking post. Bill Walsh didn't win the Super Bowl every year either, so by your head up the ass logic he should have been fired in any one of the seasons he didn't win because his Super Bowl victories were always in the past.

20. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

as the OC dammit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.