ESPN: It's time for Mark Sanchez to go

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Who the fuck gives up on a QB after 1 bad season? I mean this kid played 1 year in college and is in his 3rd NFL season for Christ sake!
    LETS GET REAL PEOPLE!

2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

This article was dumb.

Stephen Smith needs to stick to basketball, this guy knows nothing about football.

3. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

I still want to see what Mark does under another OC and system. Heads need to roll, but Sanchez is not one of them. What a joke. They just realized that the Jets are a collection of players and not a team? I said that in preseason. Did they really think Rex could change all that? Really???

4. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Fixed it for you

5. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Yeah, he just gets paid to stir up drama and get reactions out of people...Youre right.

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Sanchez deserves another year. If he repeats this next season then it's time for him to go.

7. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Who gives a shit who wrote the article? I hate when people bash shit based on who wrote the article or who said something. The real question is whether he is correct, and in this case he is 100% on the money.

Sanchez is trash and needs to have taken his last snap as a Jet qb. He has no football iq, no accuracy, no touch, little leadership skills, and no ability to complete a pass outside the numbers on a consistent basis.

But hey, Stephen Smith wrote it, so it cant be true. Much better to waste 5 years on a shitty qb than realize he is trash and cut out losses after 3, right?

8. Mr. Green Pants

Yeah, it's not just about who wrote the article. Plenty of folks find the content disagreeable as well.

9. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Terrible article and its the usual "Shock value" type of Article Smith is prone to do. He wants Sanchez out yet fails to list who he wants in as the new QB, typical.

I am so sick and tired of some Jets fans impatience. Believe me, you have a right to be upset with how the team stunk it up this year. However, wanting the quarterback out in a year where the protection was abysmal, the penalties seem to be at an all time high(Looking at you Mulligan) and targets not running great routes is pretty sad. Yeah Sanchez had a stinky game yesterday, no one can defend that performance. But give me a break, the guy has been with an awful offensive coordinator and a QB coach that showed no improvement on Sanchez or Clemens in 2009/2010. You tell me why its on Sanchez that the team had 4 false starts on one drive and why the offense stunk on a 1st and 20 thanks to boneheaded plays by Matthew Mulligan. Somehow that'll be on Sanchez too!

You guys get spoiled by seeing Cam Newton and Andy Dalton have early success but what you need to realize is that these teams will catch up to these guys in year 2 much like how Sam Bradford and Josh Freeman got caught(Both had shitty protection too).

Its just such nonsense and poor sight to get rid of Sanchez when this draft class is going to have at best maybe 3 QBs worthy of the NFL level and when the free agent market will be thin with QBs. I am for bringing in a guy like Jason Campbell to test Sanchez and to be insurance if something happens but getting rid of Sanchez after 3 years is a joke.

10. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

That article is horrible. You don't cut your entire team and coaching staff because they miss the playoffs one year.

11. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

32 total TDs, less INTs than lat year, more yards, better compl %, better qb rating...i get the mistakes but he is in his 3rd year...Eli Manning didn't complete 60% of his passes until year 5...Josh Freeman fell apart this year, Joe Flacco took a huge step back, Philip Rivers had an off year...Sanchez shows enough upside but the fact that he is in NY puts him under a much bigger microscope than any other young QB in the league and it just isn't fair. He put those numbers up with an offensive line that was a disaster - he was sacked 39 times and hit way more than last year, his receivers were never able to get separation, and the running game was a shell of last year.

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Sanchez had 5 more picks than last year

13. 85inthehall

My bad .. 5 more INTs, 9 more TD, 30 more completions...the biggest issue is only 6.5 avg on completions...that has to get up to the 7.5 + area

14. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Wasn't Stephen A. the guy who didn't know the rules about OT in the NFL or NHL ???

15. lakersmetsjets49ers

my thoughts exactly all around.

qb's that you give up on after 3 seasons are guys like jamarcus russell and ryan leaf and that's because they did everything humanly possible to screw up.

he gets his 4th season to show what he has and if the results aren't there then you go from there.

16. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

One good point that Stepen Ass Smith made was:

How can it go down that a position coach, or even coordinator takes Holmes out of the game when we are down to our last shot at a miracle and nobody tells Rex..WTF?

17. 85inthehall

it comes down to rex allowing his OC to have complete control of the offense. Now of course he would never throw anyone under the bus so you have no idea if what he says in his press conference is the truth or him just covering for someone else in order to not make them look bad. Rex has to adjust in 2012 and be more involved in the game plan on both sides of the ball

18. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

Sanchez was tied for 6th in the NFL for total TDs by a QB. tied with romo and behind Brees,rodgers, brady, stafford and newton.

he was top 5 in INTs but that was after he threw 7 in his last 3 games. He was right in the range of other QBs in terms of INTs before that bad stretch.

stephen a smith is a retard, now that it needs to be explained or elaborated on

19. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

There is some evidence of intelligent life on this board. Good post.

20. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Sanchez also had 8 fumbles lost, bringing his turnover total to 26.

#40 KWJetsFan, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012