How Many Games Does An Average Quarterback Win With This Team?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Penning10toColes, Jan 1, 2012.

?

How Many Wins Does an Average QB Get for the Jets This Year?

1. 6 or less

13.4%
  2. 7

2.4%
  3. 8

29.1%
  4. 9

13.4%
  5. 10

27.6%
  6. 11

7.9%
  7. 12

0.8%
  8. 13 or more

5.5%
  1. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Sanchez is the definition of Average.

He was so bad today...

2. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Did you watch more than the last few minutes of the game? It was pathetic. Yeah, the D blew it down the stretch, but they're probably gassed from having to play for so damn long with that paltry offense. Not to mention, I think the Jets D could have played better if Rex didn't make some atrocious defensive playcalls. But regardless, if you blame ONE drive for the result of the game, well then your blame is misplaced.

3. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Pretty funny coming from a guy using the name of the QB that never won more than 10 games for us.

4. lakersmetsjets49ers

mark sanchez is an average qb at this point in his career.

unless the qb is a healthy peyton manning, drew brees, tom brady, or aaron rodgers, i really don't see any difference.

with a flawed offensive line, and a defense that regressed i doubt the team wins anything more. especially with the flawed offensive line that would do damage on an average level qb's numbers.

sanchez needs to show significant improvement next season but other aspects must be fixed as well.

drew brees had one of the best seasons ever for a qb in 2008, his saints went 8-8 because they were flawed on the defensive end. sanchez could show a decent amount of improvement next season but if the defense continues to be a shadow of it's 2009 form and the offensive line continues to underachieve the results won't be much different.

5. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

If Sanchez can lead our offense to score more than 13 points AND doesn't throw a pick six, YES, we would have won that game! Wake up man, the defense was stellar all game until the last drive. It totally sucks they decided to fold, but that game is on Sanchez.

6. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

I'll give ya that one. That was mostly on Mark.

7. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

shaking my head at the idiots saying 10+ wins. You realize shotty would still be calling the same awful plays right? our defense would still be unclutch. we would still have a terrible oline and no down field threats.

at best we win 9 with a new qb, out of luck. i would think it would be 8, or even less, as most other average qbs dont have sanchez mental toughness, and likely either implode, or explode on shotty by week 4.

no way a veteran qb doesnt call out or quit on shotty by mid season

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The D has its problems, to be sure, but it is still an above average D compared to the rest of the league.

That being the case, and that the play of Sanchez was awful, I say 10 is a conservative guess as to how many even an average Qb would have allowed the team to win.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

We have an average QB so the answer must be 8.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The inexcusable pick was more on Plax than it was the QB.

The bottom line is we had Den at their 5 w/ 5 mins to play and our D failed.

I object b/c too mnay are blaming him and the OC acting like every one else did their jobs except those 2.

Sanchez stunk that game but we had a 3 pt lead and den at their own 5 yd line. The D blew it, the supposed "great" D that has blown a million late leads over the last 3 years.

so that absolves the D? big time D's don't allow any O to go 95 yds in the final minutes let alone one that can't pass.

The D was stellar until it mattered most- do you think Pitt is giving up a 95 yd drive in that situation? we don't have a big time D and while the O stunk the D blew that game.

11. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank New Member

What exactly has Sanchez done this year to give you confidence that he is the QB the Jets need going forward?

12. GeshJet

GeshJet Active Member

That Denver loss was on Rex. If they stayed in the base defense instead of a ridiculous prevent against tebos on that last drive, no way Denver would have scored.

13. nyjunc

Hew had a bad year, he took a step back but I have seen more than enough through 3 years to know he'll be here long term. It's so silly to throw away a promising young QB b/c he stunk up the last 3 games.

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I suggest that those who voted 6 should form the Sanchez Fan Club. Kool Aide served for free.

15. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Sanchez is a slightly below average QB at the moment and so an average QB would probably have won us one more game (the Phins game). So I went with 9 (in which case we still would not have made the playoffs).

16. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

I disagree.

Doesn't matter how good you are, when you get sacked 39 times you can't do shit well.

17. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

i dont get this question

Didn't this team played with an average QB the whole season?

8 wins

18. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

exact same rationale I used, I decided I think Sanchez is basically 1 game below average over a season. I can see the argument for 2, but decided that the rest of the team's struggles were such that we probably are looking at 1.

19. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

4 playoff teams allowed more sacks than the Jets (40).
    Green Bay (41)
    Pittsburgh (42)
    Denver (42)
    San Fran (44)

So it is certainly possible for a team and a Qb to succeed despite sacks.

20. nyjunc

It's not the # of sacks as much as it is the # of hits and in that list;

Ben is always on the run b/c it is what he does best so he will take sacks, Denver has Tebow who always runs, Rodgers is on the move a lot as well. I'm not sure about SF. I didn't watch every snap of those teams but I'd be shocked if their QBs were hit as often as Sanchez. It's amazing Sanchez lasted the season.