With the 15th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rock316nyj, Jan 1, 2012.

1. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

16th pick and Barron is the only good safety worth mentioning. 16 might be a little too high, but I'm a huge fan of his, and think he can thrive in Rex's system.

Not a fan of drafting a receiver because they generally take the longest to develop unless you get a top guy like AJ or Megatron. We need to draft someone who can come in day 1 and start which is why I think you need to go BPA.

IMO, our offseason needs in order:

1) RT
    2) S
    3) OLB
    4) WR/TE
    5) RB

I've seen some early mocks where Richardson is going between 9-12. Wouldn't mind him at all. Him and Greene would give us our ground and pound back I feel like.

2. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

I'm not sure who's going to be available, but I'd much rather find a tackle in free agency that through the draft. Linemen take a long time to develop, and I don't want another work in progress up front.

3. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Yea agreed. I wrote RT cause I think it's our most pressing need, but I rather not get one through the draft; an experienced vet like a Damien Woody would be my pref. Draft should be BPA, IMO.

4. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

After what Holmes did to the team this season, I'd hate to see them draft Floyd.

I'm hoping the Jets draft either Upshaw, Melvin Ingram (LB), Kendall Wright (WR) or Devon Still (DT)/Jonathan Martin (OT) if they somehow fall.

5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Lineman drafted in the first usually start right away. If we go O-line in the first its expected for him to start from day one.

6. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

If we draft a running back what does that say about the Bilal Powell pick already?

7. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

David DeCastro or bust.

8. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

It depends upon where the back is drafted and what style of back.

If we get a guy in the first or second its goign to be a game breaker who can take 10 to 20 carries a game and thats says a lot more about Greene than it does Powell. If we tak anotehr late round guy its simply adding depth to an important position that will probly lose LT this offseason.

9. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

I hope we find a RT and O-Line depth through FA's. They do take way too long to develop and tbh SOMEONE must be better than hunter. In the draft I hope we take a pass rusher, safety, WR (unless we get someone like Jackson who i doubt would want to play with sanchez..) and then a RB. Bilal sucked and that might be due to the crap O-line but we can make due for now.

10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Any chance we trade down and stockpile picks? I see so many holes on this team that we should be looking at some depth in multiple positions. Even if we move down say 5 spots and garner another 3rd in the process that's a good thing.

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1st round pick? If Jets scoop any one out of the three, you've got a happy camper here:

1. NT/3-4 DE
    2. OLB
    3. Safety

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I would like this but who would jump? For what price?

13. Barry the Baptist

It obviously would depend on who is sitting there at 16 but teams trade up all the time into the mid round slots to draft a guy that has fallen and they didn't expect to be there. Especially if it was say the Broncos or the Bengals looking for an impact player to go with their QB. I think Cinci has 2 #1 picks this year and both are after ours. Could you imagine Cinci adding another impact WR to go along with AJ?

14. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

I think Jets can have faster results if they address RT & Safety thru F.A. & attack other needs thru draft. We don't need another rookie on OL or on last line of defense ???

15. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

I'm feeling you. Unless there's a stud that fell thru...trade down & acquire more picks.

16. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Id say the chance of that is close to the chance of us winning the superbowl this year.

And if we draft a RB with our first pick then ill have absolutely 0 faith in anyone involved in our draft process, unless he ends up being the next AP.

Hell take a look at any of the RBs drafted in the first round the last 4 years. How many of them were worth it ?

Ingram
    Spiller
    Matthews
    Best
    Moreno
    Brown
    Beanie Wells
    Mcfadden
    J Stewart
    F Jones
    CJ2k
    Mendenhall

Id say MOSTA the guys on that list are either a bust, or often injured.

Getting a RB when your Oline and recieving corp is shit. Our HBs were satisfactory this year, our wrs/tes/ol/olb/safety/qb all sucked massive balls. If we even sniff @ HB before the 4th, it better be a grand slam pick or else something really wrong

17. Barry the Baptist

It's really a catch, the Jets need a playmaker on both sides of the ball. We have the only spot in football where having the best at one position could be a negative because teams can try and gameplan around him. That's why I don't call Revis a playmaker. Should defensive guy with that ability fall down you have to take him but if a luxury position like WR or RB fell you have to look to trade that pick. Offensive plamakers can be found in odd places but finding defensive studs is much tougher.

18. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

im not saying this is what i want or what the jets need but i wouldn't be shocked seeing danny trade up to try and get rg3... i was thinking something along the lines of sanchez, jets first, jets third and a player with some talent plus a big name to make it more appealing maybe holmes for the lets say skins first round pick skins 5th or 6th as well as a reserve/role player... i don't think it is the best move to make just throwing it out there seeing what you guys think of it.

19. sg3

sg3 Banned

pass rushing outside linebacker or defensive end

offensive tackle

safety

period

20. sg3

sg3 Banned

please god

no RG3's

thank you