With the 15th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rock316nyj, Jan 1, 2012.

1. nyjetfansince68

nyjetfansince68 New Member

I Agree with this!

2. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

He has height, that's obviously unteachable. But I see him as a guy who can get YAC in college but not against NFL caliber players. I really can't put my finger on why I think that exactly. I don't know if it's because he looks relatively awkward most of the time with it or what. But I just don't see a Brandon Marshall style of player out of him. Not saying he's soft, I just don't see it translating.

And Rees has pissed me off this year. Watching ND this year has too often felt like watching the Jets. I'd like Saturday and Sunday to feel a little different from time to time.

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Exactly.

This is why I didn't understand the Holmes shit. Getting him for a 5th round pick was genius. I thought the Jets were going to use him for a year and then let some dumb team sign him to a big contract.

4. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

What's hurt his speed are the freak injuries he's sustained. That's his true problem on the field, its unluckiness on injuries. Talking about Adrian Peterson freak injuries in Oklahoma ones he's sustained in ND.

I like Floyd to Dwayne Bowe. He will have his moments of losing focus that will piss you off but his raw talent and playmaking ability can be wowing.

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

My predictions or what I want Jets to do

Round 1: Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois
    Round 2: Mark Barron, SS, Alabama
    Round 3: Matt Reynolds, OT, BYU
    Round 4: David Paulson, TE, Oregon

6. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

This. DeCastro would completely revamp our o-line if we get a decent right tackle in free agency. Our wide receivers are getting open, unfortunately Sanchez is not hitting them. Getting Sanchez better protection and a better running game would be able to mask this problem as he would be more settled, and he won't be asked to throw as many passes. Maybe get a speedy wide receiver later in the draft, along with Braylon Edwards.

7. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Bingo. Thought the exact same thing. Don't know why they paid him big money. Live and learn.

8. rock316nyj

rock316nyj Member

I think we have to look defense round 1....I think we can look WR later rounds, or even if we can bring back Braylon we'd be ok if Holmes isn't traded.

round 1 OLB
    round 2 LeMichael James
    round 3 Safety
    round 4 Safety
    round 5 Oline
    round 6 WR
    round 7 MLB

Also anybody know what round we got for Lowery? He had a good year so I'm hoping 4 or 5?

9. rock316nyj

rock316nyj Member

Although we do need a RT, I don't think I'd waste a high pick on one, seeing as how even Dbrick and Mangold struggled year 1, tough transition...would rather go later rounds to develop them like Slauson and sign 2 yr stop gap with veteran leadership

10. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

Absolutely no to Burfict. Have you seen him play? He makes one or two highlight plays a game, meanwhile the rest of his plays consist of over pursuing and missed assignments. He's also a bad teammate and a headcase. Maybe take him in the 3rd round or later. Maybe.

11. Jetsjack

Jetsjack New Member

Alshon jeffery As a sc fan i want this guy. But if trent richardson falls to us we have to draft him.

12. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Guys I would love for the Jets to take at 15:

1. Alshon Jeffrey - With Blackmon on the board, I think he might fall to 15. If he does, the Jets should pounce. Clearly WR is a need, and getting Jeffrey would be a great move.
    2. Courtney Upshaw - A perfect fit for Rex Ryan's system. Might be the Terrell Suggs player the Jets have needed. Pace has been a bust for the Jets, and Maybin and Thomas are not every down players.
    3. Mike Floyd - Big, talented wr who can replace Plax and give the Jets a nice young wr to build around.
    4. Mark Barron - 15 might be too high for him, but the Jets badly need a safety.
    5. Jonathan Martin - RT is clearly a major need, and if Brick sucks again next year, LT might be a need as well.
    6. Landry Jones - Not the best QB on the board this year, but at 15, he is the best that you might be able to get. If no Manning, QB is a need, and if the Jets have no faith in Sanchez, Jones might be a solid pick.
    7. Dont'a Hightower - Solid player from a great program. OLB is a need, but I would I would prefer his teammate, Upshaw.
    8. Riley Reiff - See Jonathan Martin
    9. Luke Kuechly - Not a need, per se, but the guy has a chance to be a very good pro, and Bart Scott has a year or two left in him.

13. jets fool

jets fool New Member

are there really any safeties that will be worth the 15th overall pick?

14. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

We are sixteen, not fifteen

15. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

^No. And with the FA class of safeties (off the top of my head, Tyvon Branch, Reggie Nelson and Michael Griffin come to mind), the Jets should go outside the organization in FA and bring someone in with how shitty this safety class is.

16. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I think our OL needs an over-haul. We also need versatility. With that said, I would like the Jets to move back and pick up someone like Cordy Glenn and some extra picks. The kid is so versatile, played at LT, LG, and RT. He will be best suited at right tackle IMO.

There are so many options though. My want list will change a lot the next few months. I hate that I'm already thinking about the draft, but that is where we are at. :/

17. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Not even close. I think the best safety in this draft is Mark Barron, I wouldn't even want him unless he came cheap in the later rounds. I'm sure he will go in the middle of the second round right now. His stock could improve before the draft gets here, but I can't see his stock improving by much.

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Giants are going to win...We will be 16th.....

19. bibigon

bibigon Member

I really disagree here. Quality tackles are rarely available in free agency. There's a reason teams draft them so high in spite of the fact that breaking in a new lineman can be so tough.

I think we pretty much have to go with a tackle in round 1. I think Sanchez stinks, but nobody could be good with the kind of protection he's been getting.

20. NYJet87

NYJet87 Member

I'm an ND guy so I'm biased but Michael Floyd is gonna be one hell of a player in the NFL. Very physical, dependable player