Sanchez's Sideline Demeanor

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobertTheJr, Jan 1, 2012.

1. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

He didn't "show otherwise" today?

I'd love to see Sanchez, Holmes and boatload of picks traded to Indy for Luck. God knows the Jets could use some Luck.

2. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Today was a clusterf*** of sorts.

I would think if he came out in 2012 and said that regarding Sanchez, it would help Sanchez.

Rex needs to make sure that this off season that Mark is busting his ass.

3. JaggerJet

JaggerJet New Member

That's what happens when you throw while moving backwards. Your release point becomes further in front of your body and therefore you will throw the ball down.

4. keepin klecko

keepin klecko Member

Sanchez is a victim of a bad OL. He gets no protection at all and when he does he has a bad case of happy feet because he has gotten the shit kicked out of him all year. Get him an OL that can get some protection and you'll definitely see some improvement,,,Wit that comes the confidence. Oh yeah throw in a new OC too,

5. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

It's tough for a young qb to command a huddle that has a diva receiver like holmes out there. Even with a guy like plax its tough although plax is much more of a team player.

Last year he had Keller and Braylon in that huddle. Two of his best buds who believed in him and backed him. Braylon was thankful we dragged him out of cleveland and him and sanchez had a real connection. On top of that he had the classy hard working cotchery. Keller was the only one left.

I think we should stop bringing in these big name guys and get a young guy in here who wants to make a name for himself. Let him and Sanchez develop together. Hopefully kerley and Sanchez started a good thing this year. Eli manning finally developed when shockey went down with an injury and the team parted ways with him. Getting that needy guy out of the huddle can really take the pressure off a young qb

6. JaggerJet

JaggerJet New Member

Totally agree.

7. NYJet87

NYJet87 Active Member

I think it was Klecko who said it on the post game, but it's like he never comes to the podium pissed off or ready to take accountability after a loss. I go back and forth a little bit on if I blame Sanchez or if it's a combo of Schotty, the line, or whatever else. Plenty of blame to go around but Schotty isn't throwing picks to the defensive lineman. I'm sick of Sanchez already.

8. NYJet87

NYJet87 Active Member

And I thought about this after the game: If you want to say Sanchez has gotten them to the AFCCG twice (which I don't think he deserves a whole hell of a lot of credit for) then how can you not say he's regressed by missing the playoffs all together in year three. It's a two-way street. Sometimes the stats lull you to sleep.

9. fdcnyc

fdcnyc Active Member

I really do want Sanchez to do well here . Not really looking forward to starting over with another qb .Thank being said i thought him on the sidelines was terrible . First his horrible not giving a shit body language . Then i had to wonder when they show other QBs on the sidelines they are looking at photos , talking to coaches . Give me something at least act like your trying to come up with something . Just annoying I guess. Looks like they just gave up

10. AlbanyJets

AlbanyJets New Member

I don't care about "sideline demeanor." That's pop psychology.

Supposedly he has a good work ethic. I don't think lack of effort is his problem...I just don't think he's a hugely talented player. He's reasonably talented, which you have to be to even be an average NFL starter. And that's what he is.

Could he become more? Maybe...but he's not phenomenally talented and he has no remarkable developer of quarterbacks working with him, so I think chances are that he's pretty close to a finished product for the Jets. I think his ceiling is what Alex Smith is right now: an extremely efficient quarterback if managed correctly and not asked to produce a ton.

To be clear: that's his ceiling in my opinion. Right now, he's not even that.

11. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

I rarely ever see him pick up the clipboard or binder..

12. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Sanchez, regardless of his stats, was a mess this year. However, this whole team was a mess.

Doesn't matter how you slice it - a turd is a turd. This team was a turd and I believe that Sanchez was one of the brighter points.

13. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

If you had watched the post game show, you wouldn't have need to post this. Rex gave Mark very good vote of confidence when he was posed the question about his trust in his QB.

14. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

Yes, i was amazed at how light the mood was, sanchez was sitting on the bench, like he doesn't care, Brunell was behind him laughing, it seemed like they had given up long before the game even began

15. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

I just moved and don't have cable set up yet, and can't watch SNY.

I wish there was a thread where we could read the post game interviews.

16. AlbanyJets

AlbanyJets New Member

Having a young quarterback who's okay has some value. He's never going to be a star or a franchise player, but quarterback is really not an urgent need, the way it is in Cleveland or was in Minnesota last year.

New York is more in a situation like Miami...they have an average-ish quarterback. They don't have to find a quarterback immediately, but they should still not hesitate if they ever get a chance at a franchise-caliber quarterback.

If you want to consider that a "bright spot," I suppose you can. It's a pretty muted bright spot though.

17. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Yes , I feel that way also. I think the management needs to take the full rap on what transpired this season. They really botched up some player/personnel moves with letting go Edwards, Jericho Cotchery, Woodie, etc.

Miscues, special team flops, bad penalties, turnovers, offensive line woes, and new players/rookies all contributed to this mess.

Mark Sanchez was a microcosm.

18. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

All that was missing today was the hotdog.

19. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Two for flinching.

"Your QB"....
    [​IMG]

20. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

I just want him to get mad and yell at people. He always tries to be proper and say and do all the right things. That's fine in the media but on the field you have to get on some guys to get the best out of them.