Dancing around the issues

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Franchize, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Did Sanchez have a good game today? No. Was Holmes chewing out his teammate classy? No But can we stop dancing around the real problems with this team. Theres multiple threads about Holmes actions but that came at the end of the game. What about the shit that's been happening not only all year but annually.

#1 Schotty sucks. There are offensive lineups worse than ours that look way better than us. We have no gameplan and Schotty seems to think you can win by never going down field. You DO NOT get YAC on 5 yard curl routes unless theres a missed tackle. Why run them on 3rd and long? This dude is a complete idiot. You can blame whatever players you want including Mark, Tone,Shonn etc. Schotty has sucked WAY before any of the scapegoats got here. Last year when Tone was playing at a high level, Schotty still sucked. Before we drafted Mark,Schotty still sucked. When Shonn was a backup, Schotty still sucked. We continue to make excuses for him every year.

#2 We didn't upgrade our roster. The other AFC contenders did. We chose to remain the same and in some spots take a step back. Teams like the Ravens and Pats chose to improve. Other than I guess D-line, I can't think of one place in the starting lineup where we got significantly better.

#3 Our problems remained the same. Not only did we not improve, but teams have a multi-year blue print on how to beat us because we don't address our problem areas. We continue to allow Eric Smith and Jim Leonhard to play safety. We continue to lack a pass rushing/ competent OLB to compliment our aggressive 3-4.We still don't have a backup QB. We still lack depth at receiver. We never addressed our O-line depth properly. And most of all,we still have the same OC.

We always seemed to focus on our playmakers sometimes not making plays. Let's focus on the guys who NEVER make plays. Replacing LT,Tone,Bart,Pace, Moore,Shonn should be the least of our worries. How about Mulligan, Smith, Hunter, Mauga who are routinely screwing up. All i'm saying is, let's stop reading between the lines before we read the title of the damn book. In other words, tackle the major problems before we get to the minor.

2. DanR

DanR Active Member

10/10

Rex stupidly overrates his players and when they don't perform who are you going to blame? the players? The players are who they are.

The Front Office, Rex Ryan, and Schotty are to blame for this.

3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

There is so much stupid in this post i dunno where to begin.

4. blantyr

blantyr Member

Don't forget the Cap

The last couple of years, during the union contract fiasco, the Jets chose to spend above the old salary cap, spending more than other teams did. It gave them a couple of good years, a couple of playoff runs, but this year they had less money to spend. Thus they had to let go of some players, to take a step backwards. With less money available, they couldn't upgrade, they couldn't fix existing problems.

From here on in, they have to work to the same cap as everyone else. We'll see how they do...

5. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Great post!!!!! Agree!

6. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

Amen...their secondary has stunk it up for the past 2 yrs. And coaching is atrocious!! Especially Schotty and Pettine. BOTH should go!

7. DanR

DanR Active Member

Who do you blame, genius?

No matter how you talk up Eric Smith, he still gonna suck. Instead Rex should've improved the S position.

#7 DanR, Jan 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  8. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

Rex is too busy writing books,,,acting in adam sandler movies,,showing off his lap-band.,,football is easy man.

9. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

agree with most of the OP posts, except the Pats. Where did the Pats improve talent wise? Haynesworth and Ochocinco were huge busts. They cut their best secondary players for off the street garbage. Yes, the team had a great season, but they didn't do a lot to improve their team despite a few pickups (waters, carter). Can make this case for any team. The team was already great to begin with, so they made minimal adjustments.

10. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Honestly, if the Jets offense was even an average offense (let's just say ranked 16) with a competent passing game, they'd probably be somewhere around 11-5 if not better.

Granted the difference between #25 and #16 is only 30 yards per game. So maybe we can't even say that. However, the main thing is that the offense was so inconsistent.
    The Jets were 14th in the NFL in points per game (23.6). However, if you look at their wins, they averaged 29.5 points per game. In their loses they averaged 17.6 points per game. Huge difference.

#10 LeonNYJ, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  11. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

I believe Andre Carter is a Pro Bowler. Furthermore, it's not necessarily about the success as it is the effort. Haynesworth and Chad were @ least good ideas at the time. Same with Ellis. We lost guys, didn't replace them and had the same holes on our team as we did last year and expected to be better. Makes no sense. I brought this up since the beginning of the season and most people said I was stupid. Their argument was that Mark would certainly improve and negate the players we lost. I should have known because some of those same people, long time posters on top of that, said I was "an idiot if I couldn't tell that Eric Smith was a solid safety". They know who they are.