Sanchez's Sideline Demeanor

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobertTheJr, Jan 1, 2012.

1. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Let me begin by saying that I am a 100% pro-Sanchez fan, and believe with the correct mentoring that he can become the QB this franchise can build around.

That being said - he looked like he didn't have a care in the world today on the sideline. Even though he was able to put together another late drive that resulted in 7 points, and was obviously in the game to the end, he looked like he was ready to clock out.

Maybe he was tired of all of the BS going on in the organization, the fans, or his bad judgments, but he was not there - body language-wise.

2. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Good Lets see his demeanor when hes washing my car in 2 years. Guy doesn't seem like football is his life or that he has work ethic like many of the elite qbs.

3. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

At least they kept him in the shade and out of the sun today while he was on the sidelines.

4. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Seriously? Everything we as fans hear about him is that he gets in early and leaves late.

5. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

I hated his demeanor, whenever they showed him on the sideline it looked like he was relaxing on a fucking beach somewhere its something that he really needs to work on.

6. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

His post game press conference was also pretty distressing. Talking about "positives" and that last TD drive like the offensive unit actually did something as opposed to the Miami defense just stopping playing.

7. JaggerJet

JaggerJet New Member

The kid has zero confidence right now and zero command of the huddle. He has receivers and running backs making faces at him and showing him up on the field. No quarterback with any leadership would allow that to happen. As soon as anyone has anything to say in the huddle other then Sanchez he should dismiss them immediately but he doesn't.

I too and a Sanchez fan and supporter and think he will eventually turn the corner, but he is seriously lacking in his demeanor and ability to control the huddle.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

how insightful

9. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

He needs someone to smack him around a little and toughen him up. Turn him into a leader who, at the very least, has confidence.

I honestly believe that a majority of his errors stem from his lack of confidence and always second guessing himself.

10. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Also after Holmes display its obvious his receivers don't trust him and have no respect for him. Either get new receivers next year or a new Qb. I doubt Sanchez and Holmes can play together after today.

11. JaggerJet

JaggerJet New Member

Holmes and Greene constantly have something to say - either verbally or through their body language. The point is that the reins were handed over to Sanchez this year and he may in fact not yet be ready to take them. The past two year there were other leaders who too the burden of keeping people in line and how it has fallen to Sanchez and he hasn't taken control of it.

12. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

I think Sanchez has some issues in common with Eli, more than people may want to admit.

Eli had body language issues (still does).

13. Woodhead77

Woodhead77 New Member

I'm sure he was thinking about Kate Upton giving him a BJ

14. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Mark Sanchez.... QB of the ...past. Or at least I hope so. I've seen enough.

15. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

I'm sure he's getting said BJ as we speak about him on a message board.

16. Greenforlife

Greenforlife New Member

Glad I am not the only one who noticed this. Seems like his mind was on seeing tits at the beach in Miami than the fucking football game. I wanted to jump through the TV and strangle him.

This I heard as well.

He is his own worst enemy.

17. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

You were dealing with a child with little insight..

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I was much more concerned with him throwing two INT's to d-linemen than with his "demeanor" afterwards.

19. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Yep. He's been just awful the past few big games. I really thought he'd be a guy that stepped up in those spots.

Not saying he's done, or we should give up on him, but I'm getting concerned for sure.

20. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

that does suck. it can be fixed though, he needs someone to kick his ass around a little. He is being catered to like a little girl.

Rex needs to come out and say - "Sanchez is our QB unless he loses the job. To be a QB in NYC, you need to make the plays. As long as Sanchez makes the plays and helps this team win, he is the QB. I will believe that he can make the plays until he shows me otherwise."

Something that means absolutely nothing, but puts Sanchez in wake up mode.