New York Jets likely to revamp offensive staff, sources say

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NJJ_Jersey_Jets, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Not a Norv Fan.

I'd take JmcD

2. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

why not Tom Clements?

3. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

I personally think Turner is a better fit. He likes to run the ball and use the tight end. McDaniels runs a spread offense and plus I think he has too much respect for Belichick to join his rival.

4. patfanken

patfanken Banned

Quick question. Who runs the football operation for the Jets. Is it Rex, Tanny, Woody, or some guy behind the curtain that no one sees? I ask because I'm wondering how the HC and face of the franchize can come out and give "votes of confidence" to the offensive staff one week and the next week a report comes out talking about potential changes.

There are a lot of ways to run a great franchize over the long term, but ONE thing is always consistent. There is always a consistent and clear cut chain of command and responsibility. There doesn't seem to be that in NJ

So who's the man for the Jets

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Woody Johnson.

6. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Can you imagine this team with a brilliant offensive mind in Norv Turner. We should pursue the shit out of him this offseason.

7. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Great post ---- clear cut facts to effectively backup a solution to an obvious problem.
    Lets just hope this comes true.

100% yes to Norv Turner.
    McDaniels??? Are you guys nuts? The guy is as bad as Todd Haley.

1) The guy has 2 "successful" seasons in New England when all he did was ride the coattails of a HOF QB ---- in an offense that didnt miss a single beat when the guy left.
    2) Personally submarined the Broncos organization ---- John Fox deserves much more credit than he has gotten.
    3) Granted some injuries, but didnt do anything worth mentioning in St. Louis.

Sanchez is very delicate right now --- his confidence has been damaged. Last thing we need is some young arrogant loudmouth continue trying to make a name for himself fucking his head up even more than it is right now.

8. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I'd love to see something like this. It would play to Sanchez's strength (play action, bootlegs). A great run game can really help the defense too, which is what I'd like to see us invest in.

9. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

You guys are aware that the Rams under Josh McD have the 4th worst offense since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970 ?

10. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

If history is any indication, the Jets will hire a position coach from another team and give him his first opportunity as an offensive coordinator.

11. bibigon

bibigon Member

This is inane.

The Patriots defense declined badly because the players on defense were bad. They traded Seymour and Vrabel, had Harrison and Bruschi retire, lost Ty Warren to injury, lost Asante Samuel to free agency, etc... They don't even run the spread anymore, and they lead the league in time of possession. The result? Their defense, freed from the shackles of the spread, is something like 80 yards shy of breaking the all time record for most passing yards allowed.

Also worth remembering - incomplete passes don't gas the defense anymore than power runs do. Just because the clock stops on the pass, but not the run doesn't mean that actual time stops too. A three and out consisting of three incomplete passes can take just as much as one consisting of three runs.

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

If anything, it is very clear that the decision does not belong to Rex Ryan. (Unfortunately for you, SDF folks.)

13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

oops wrong thread

14. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

Schotty was criticized last week for throwing too much, so this week he's not going to use the WRs at all. Just to be a dick.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

60+ throws with a struggling QB who hasn't been throwing well since he got dumped on his shoulder at Denver. What the hell was going on there? It just makes no sense.

Even if Sanchez was going great you wouldn't give him 60+ throws in a tight game, how could they even have conceived of doing it last week against a top 10 pass rush?

It's like Brian Schottenheimer decided to fight a land war in Asia and mess with a Sicilian with death on the line at the same time.

Maybe he wanted to get fired or get Sanchez cut and the only way to accomplish one of those goals for sure was to have him throw the ball that much?

16. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Dude every post you've posted is complete trash but this one... gets a A for effort I laughed i must say

17. laxin

laxin Active Member

Him and Joe Lombardi should be serious candidates.

18. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Hey you never know Sanchez might ask for a trade with him in town ala Cutler. I would love for us to get him but I can't see him being passed on as a head coach this offseason after Tebow's success.

Todd Haley on the other hand could work. He's fresh off of being fired, looking for work and I don't see him getting another head coaching gig. If he takes the job with us he'll know it's revamping our offense will be a sure way to make him one of next year's top head coaching candidates

19. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Hey you never know Sanchez might ask for a trade with him in town ala Cutler. I would love for us to get him but I can't see him being passed on as a head coach this offseason after Tebow's success.

Todd Haley on the other hand could work. He's fresh off of being fired, looking for work and I don't see him getting another head coaching gig. If he takes the job with us he'll know it's revamping our offense will be a sure way to make him one of next year's top head coaching candidates and more importantly make us a better football team

#39 jetlife21, Jan 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  20. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

If they don't revamp the offense then this is a joke. There is a lot of talent on this offense. The wide receivers are way underutilized. I can't remember the last time the jets had an offense this bad.