Does Holmes make our offense worse?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by IIMeanDeanII, Dec 27, 2011.

?

Does Holmes make this offense worse?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    15.5%
  2. No

71 vote(s)
    84.5%
  1. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Holmes, Cotchery and Braylon >>>> Holmes, Plax, and Kerley.

That's a big reason why Holmes has declined. Braylon at least could at times draw a double team. No one has to DT Plax, and no one's going to tell me that Kerley's a better receiver this year than Cotch was last year on the NYJ.

2. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

This is a tough one. Holmes is supposed to blow CB out the water and that is not happening . He is also supposed to garner a double team and that is not happening either. If he was getting the respect he got last year then Plex would be one on one more often and we might see more production out of this group.

3. chibucks

chibucks New Member

sort of ironic the ohio state fan picking a michigan guy over an ohio state guy... :p

all kidding aside, i don't argue that his mishaps during the eagles game was a major contributing factor to us losing... but he's a talent, and like most people say, he's being under-utilized; and at the same time, the timing is off in terms of not getting the ball when he's open.

his antics need to stop - but at the same time, i don't think he's a 'cancer' to the team... all his teammates pretty much love him.

4. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

I think there's 2 big reasons why he hasn't had a big year:

1. Losing our vertical threat in Braylon and replacing him with Plax. Teams don't have to worry about the deep pass, it clogs up the middle and keeps Holmes from getting any YAC on stuff underneath.

2. Offensive line. Holmes can be a deep threat but he doesn't do it by pure speed. He does it with route running, he needs time to run a double or triple move, and rarely does the pass protection hold up that long this year.

I don't get how he doesn't fit this offense. A guy with his skillset fits almost any offense.

He's not one of my favorite players. I hate his first down celebration. I hate how he can't keep his mouth shut. But he's not the problem.

5. Tonetime320

Tonetime320 Member

Thank you.

6. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Anybody actually entertaining the idea that we are worse with Holmes, than without him must not watch the games.

When Holmes is pretty much the only threat on our receiving core, the defense can easily adjust and shut him down with double or even triple coverage. This is where Edwards burned us. Him and Holmes complimented each other well and opened up the field for one another. We aren't seeing that, this season.

7. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

He is a lot like Moss and Coles. Good receivers but not true #1 guys. We need a #1 receiver bad.

8. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Oh god I can't breathe