Does Holmes Make Our Offense Worse?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ........, May 6, 2011.

?

Does Holmes Make Our Offense Worse?

1. A Simple Yes

4.9%
  2. A Simple No

22.0%
  3. I honestly can't believe anyone would say that

10.6%
  4. No seriously, how the hell could anyone believe that?

24.4%
  5. Give me a minute. I'm still laughing.

38.2%
  1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

What does Holmes as a businessman gain from that? Unlike Braylon, Holmes has not received his big payday so as much as I hate reading and seeing shit I don't like, he does have an angle to work.

If Holmes just comes out and says I'll play for NY no matter what, well that's just retarded business.

To be honest after watching the HBO Sports segment on P.A.S.T I don't blame Holmes at all for wanting a big payday. Especially when you consider what he's already got on his finger.

2. ........

........ Trolls

I thought only the mods had the power to jump on the ban-wagon.

Has anyone told you yet that your posts are nigh on incomprehensible?

3. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

IJR, thank you again for putting he who shall remain nameless in his place with this. The comment was retarded, and somehow he believes it.

The answer is absolutely fucking not. no way are we better off without holmes. Can we survive without him? sure, but we are better with him no doubts about it.

Next you should do a poll about BT, if cutting him meant keeping Holmes/Edwards/Cromartie would you do it? Because he who shall remain nameless wouldn't either....

4. milo

milo Well-Known Member

BT seems to be the biggest cap saver to make room for both to stay. Here's the list:

http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary.html

Could save a mill by cutting Bru and putting him on the CS instead (where he belongs). Also could save another half mill by cutting Ainge according to this, which baffles me...

Plus Mark will re-structure his deal if it means keeping Holmes and Braylon.

Tanny sitting alone in a room all day with nothing to do but scheme up ways to keep everybody gives me a lot of hope.

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I said a simple no because it should be obvious Holmes made the team better.

But whether he comes back at this point, who knows? It will depend on money and what other teams are going to offer him.

#65 Big Blocker, May 6, 2011
    Last edited: May 6, 2011
  6. ........

........ Trolls

Before you cut Thomas, you have to have someone else in place. We're not going into the season with Pace, Westerman, Cody Brown, and Garrett McIntyre as our OLBs. The question then becomes, can you get a solid replacement (or even upgrade the position) at a value that STILL provides the savings to help sign all three.

If you cut Thomas, you're cutting him because you have an opportunity to improve the starters at the position, not because you want to save money overall. Even then, I'd imagine the FO would want him here as a rotational coverage LB and run stopper. I could see him getting cut and re-signed a la Brandon Moore to save some cash, but I'd have to see what FAs are demanding before I'd say he should just automatically be dismissed.

7. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong I'm not in favor of cutting him. Just pointing out that his number vs. his role makes him the obvious target. Personally I love BT and think he gets a lot of the dirty work that makes everyone else look good.

There's a lot of possibilities even under 2009 cap rules, which is highly doubtful. Tanny will figure it out.

8. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Ahh yes, the ol "take away the worst game" argument. Should we take away the best game with holmes as well? Should we exclude the Green bay game becasue we got shut out? Now that game was a mess. Any other varibles we would like to add or exclude? Only outdoor games? Only Games in a dome? Or maybe, just maybe, we should include all the games if we are going to bother working off stat samples.

9. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

So a question asked in jest is being asked seriously a few months later. Unbelievable.

10. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I don't know I am definitely not a big fan of Holmes, I would have preferred Braylon but atleast we got one of them back