Tannenbaum's under the radar major mistakes

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets12, Dec 25, 2011.

1. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Wilson's the great player who gave up the momentum-shifting catch to Cruz and then failed to bring him down.

2. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

This is junk

I will say Kerry Rhodes physical tools would be useful now, but he is a headcase and his desire to play fell off with each passing season.

The loyalty thing is stupid, especially in terms of Jones and Faneca who did nothing after they left New York.

Holmes is probably one of the only reasons we have a mildly scary passing attack.

3. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Yeah i agree. Where else could we get a guy to drop passes and fumble and do that cool drop the ball and point when he gains 3 yards every catch?

4. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

both the tuna and lou saban were successful at turning bad teams around because they start with the off and def lines and build out from there.

if tuna were running the jets, hunter would have been gone , we would have a backup qb that can play, and sanchez would be yanked the way he's been playing.

just what do think the guy who took play-calling away from weis and peyton at times would do with shotty?

5. Salz

Salz New Member

Pace and Scott have both been pluses this year. I subscribe to profootballfocus and it shows Scott has been one of the best run stoppers in the league and Pace has been pretty good overall.

6. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Thanks to Tannenbaum, the Jets have had a complete bust (Clemens), an old perverted douchebag (Favre) and a head case (Sanchez) at the QB position for the last five seasons. Since QB is by far the most important position on the field, this should tell you something about the guy's ability to properly evaluate talent.

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Is this the proper place to bitch about lack of depth?

8. Ray Lucas

Ray Lucas Well-Known Member

Cro played like a top 6 corner in the league this year. Wilson was excellent this season also. Can't argue with you about the guaranteed contracts , aso, and ducasse though

9. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Tanny didn't have a great offseason last year; but I still have faith in him. He'll clean up the cap, then address our obvious holes through the draft and free agency.

10. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Lol. First of all I find it hilarious that we should bring in a guy that's going to give a defense we play once every 4 years fits. That's brilliant! Way to think that through. And then you advocated for the hiring of Brian DABOLL.

Wow.

11. clevjetsfan

clevjetsfan New Member

Plax has to go! He gets no separation without pushing off the Giants knew this and used it to there advantage. Edwards might come cheap but he has to want to be good, No long term contract for Edwards!

#31 clevjetsfan, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  12. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

We are still desperately in need of a safety - any team we play with a half decent TE will throw there all day.

Unfortunately, from what I hear next years draft is not so hot in that position, so it looks like we will have to trade for a FA and lose out on draft picks again

13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Please, lets not act like Sherry Rhodes was anything special, he could not cover and refused to hit as a safety, the only thing he did well was blitz.

Is anyone going to give MT credit for Kerley?

Even I got on him for that pick and he has turned out to be a good slot receiver, my only problem with MT is his propensity for giving away picks, I would like the Jets to use all of their picks this coming year and only use FA if they have to.

14. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Top 6 Really?

15. neonleon

neonleon Member

I don't know if cro is top 6, he is however playing really well. He has definitely improved since last year and takes way too much heat around here. He obviously is terrible on special teams but as a corner he is really good.

16. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Really!? He still can't tackle for shit.

17. neonleon

neonleon Member

Yeah i totally agree with that. But his coverage skills are really good. I remember reading an article a few weeks ago that he is top 5 in the nfl in "burn rate %". I have no problem with cro getting his contract, i have a feeling that i'm in the minority though.

I also feel it is unfair to blame tannenbaum for paying cro that contract. rex wants to build a d from his corners. if you don't like cro then you should put that on rex for pushing so hard to have 2 cover corners.

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

He had a shot at Johnathan Joseph, Dawan Landry AND Bryant McKinnie - which he wasted sitting on his ass while waiting for Aso, who snubbed the Jets eventually.

19. neonleon

neonleon Member

the jets were never going to get joseph with the deal the texans gave him. dawan landry is a solid player who is better than eric smith but is nothing special. hunter played extremely well in the playoffs and obviously fooled the front office. tannenbaum should be blamed for the lack of depth this team has not these off-season moves

20. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Let's look at this from another perspective... I'll even throw Pennington in there.

They have all had the same OC and the offense has always been exactly the same...anemic. They have never had a big time WR nor a game breaking RB. Come to think of it this team has had one thing for the last 4 or 5 years and that's a good OL. Now that we don't have a good OL the rest of the offense is being exposed as a fraud.

Clemmens we'll never know what he could have been but it probably wouldn't have been very good. Now with Favre and Pennington, both went to other franchises and had better seasons when they left. Brees had Schott as his QB coach in San Diego and now he is one of the 2 or 3 best QB's in the league with a real offensive mind.

Hard to blame the QB when he has no WR's, no real game changing RB and a terrible OC. The biggest mistake this team made was bringing Schott back to be the OC when Rex was hired. He should have been shown the door along with Mangini. Sadly that may have cost this team a SB.