Is ryan out if jets lose to dolphins?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by section134, Dec 25, 2011.

1. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

let Rex tell Namath to f*ck off and you will see exactly what happens.....Namath should be in ALL OUT assault mode this week because he has Rex pinned here.

2. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Wow 134, you surprise me with this reaction, I believe this is called "knee jerk reaction"

I guess this off season I will have to be the Ryan supporter, while other may have to go, Rex should not be one of them. I say this because his defense has played fairly well considering all the pieces are not in place yet. Also with the amount of time spent on the field vs/vs the offense they have become worn down.

While I wish to be a supporter I don't want you to think I am being an apologist. I will the first to say that, if Rex does not take the bull by the horns this offseason and do what needs to be done to correct the problems in spite of his loyalty trait, that might spell doom for him for him next year and his long term chances of remaining a HC for anyone.

While in many ways this season has been a small disaster,et there were many difficult circumstances that should not affect the team next year, mainly a correct ofseason with no lockout.

Other may disagree with me on this one, but Mark Sanchez has not progressed in his third year as we had all hope he would. As much as it pains me to say this, I think that many of our offensive issues can be traced right back to the young QB. With the defense getting a little older this year and the younger players on that side, not ready to step in yet, Mark really needed to step up this year. That did not happen and as others have said, looks like he is playing scared now.

Anyway, I did not like us going into this Giants game and sad to say, I like us even less going into Miami. The fish will be licking there chops at the thought of making sure our players are watching the playoffs from there living rooms and not playing in them.

What all the answers are I don't know, but firing Rex is certainly not one of them, everyone else is fair game of course, except maybe Westy, I think he just had a down year.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The myth that only success can keep a coach in NY was proven wrong by the winning coach in the NY match yesterday... Only it was proven years ago before he won the big game.

It is not the city of NY that runs coaches out of town, it is ineptly run organizations with weak backbones.

They should have cleaned house from top to bottom when they fired Mangini. Instead, they rearranged the jobs, even in the FO, and replaced Mangini with a better model.

#23 abyzmul, Dec 25, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

If we ever make the playoffs next week, I hope all these morons never show their face again. Hell I dont want to see any of you people if the Jets have any success under Rex again.

Also Woody doesnt mind Rex and what he does, honestly I think he likes it. As long as we win, Woody wont boot Rex. If we go 6-10 next season then I think Rex have 1 season after that to save himself, but thats still a ways to go. Rex is here for the next 2 seasons minimum,

#24 soxxx, Dec 25, 2011
  5. abyzmul

Let me save you the suspense. This team is not making the playoffs.

6. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Soxxx,

If by some chance we do back in, and yes we will certainly be "backing in" it won't be long till we are walking out. Sorry to say this team is not the team that has a chance to do much. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have that chance, but the formula for beating the Jets this year is layed out for all to use. Go after Mark and wait for the mistakes to happen...

7. JetsFanatic

JetsFanatic Active Member

You're nuts.

8. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Love the big guy and want nothing more than to see him win a championship with us. I think the Miami game is irrelevant at this point (of course I expect he has a game plan to win). Rex will get a pass fOr this season disaster.

His spouting off that we were a contender was a mistake. All his talk of rings is not so cute anymore. The guy is now definitely in the hot seat. I hope he will make the appropriate changes in the offseason so that we can make a run in 2012. If we don't make the Playoffs next year his ass is gone.

9. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

rex is going nowhere.

only way he is fired is if we have a losing record next year. even if that happens i wouldnt fire him, and i doubt woody would.

10. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Holy shit ... a depressing reality just hit me this morning.
    But let me preface this by saying Rex isn't and shouldn't be going anywhere no matter what happens next week.

But with that said:

When we left the field after beating the Bengals on Thanksgiving last season, we were sitting at 9-2 (losing only to the Ravens and Packers by a total of 10 points), coming off an AFCCG appearance, and getting ready to square off against the Patriots for AFC East supremacy and dreaming about a Super Bowl.

This was the high point in the Rex Ryan regime.

Since that night, we've taken the field 23 times ... 12 wins - 11 losses.
    If we dont beat Miami, that will make us an even .500
    Wow :sad:

#30 truthbtold, Dec 25, 2011
  11. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

makes me wish mr. e was back.

12. abyzmul

Because we really need angry one liners and half-assed homerism, right?

This team deserves the reactive backlash from fans after the past 2 weeks. They deserve it far more than they deserve a post season berth.

13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I hope Woody isn't as idiot and retarded as you think he is.

14. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

Generally I like chocolate, but cream cheese frosting is delicious, too.

15. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

You don't know that.

The Chargers can't beat the Raiders?
    The Ravens can't beat the Bengals?
    The Texans can't beat the Titans?

I feel like the Texans winning is the toughest, without a QB and nothing to play for, but I doubt they want to go into the postseason on a 3 game skid. Expect them to play hard in that game. The other 2 I feel pretty confident about.

And remember, at the end of the day, the dolphins are still the dolphins. We blew them out at home earlier this year, with the same QB they have now. I fully expect a win, the dolphins don't exactly play well at home either.

16. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

The OP and anyone who thinks its a slight possibility need to find a new team.

17. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

no.fucking.way.in.hell .

you're sippin some strong eggnog

18. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

ah yes, lets bring the mean spirited tone back to this board where only a certain few decided what subject and posts were approvable, not!

as far as rex, getting rid of the best coach this team has had since parcels is flat out nuts!

rex is learning on the fly, hopefully he's learned a lot from this season and takes the team under his control even more.

holmes being a team captain is a joke, he's closer to a cancer.

tanny hurt the team by not drafting quality oline, rb, safeties and trading away too many of the draft picks. time for a bit of a rebuild and rex stepping up to take control of the team, offense, defense and leadership. no more being pals, coach the team!

19. abyzmul

The Jets can't beat the Dolphins, at least not the way those two teams are playing right now. I'll root for the team next week, at least until Reggie Bush hits 150 yards and 3 TDs. Then I'll decide whether pro sports are really worth my attention anymore.

20. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

lol no.
    filler