Tom Brady Is Obsessed With The Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 20, 2011.

1. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

I think you misread my post.

I wrote, "As much as there's no one I'd rather see coaching the Patriots, it does get kind of boring following the team in the media because Bill says absolutely nothing most of the time."

Meaning, I would not want to have anyone else coaching the Patriots other than Belichick, even if his pressers could put me to sleep after drinking a gallon of coffee. Belichick is a great speaker when someone asks him an "Xs and Os" type question, but if you look at his post-game press conferences, they're almost identical from week to week.

2. 3xNFLChampion

3xNFLChampion Banned

Nice post.
    Rex will be working for NFLN or MNF in 2 years, telling us how great Brady is.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Isn't being a snivelling dickless moron a bannable offense on this site any more? Why the fuck has this thread turned into a debate amongst Patriots fans about how bad Rex Ryan is?

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Come on, Dierking, there's nothing going on that requires banning. Kenny boy's persistence is entertaining, although it's also transparent and pathetic when you do a search of his posts and see how tiny it has to be.

5. Dierking

Its just fucking tiresome. I come on here to read about the Jets. Not the opinion of some mopes who wouldn't know Steve Grogan from Steve Gostowski.

6. abyzmul

To be fair, which I rarely am with Pats fans, this thread is about Tom Brady.

Did you think his fanboys would be able to stay away?

#146 abyzmul, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  7. Dierking

I suppose. Are Jets fans this embarrassing when somebody says something mean about Sanchez on a Patriots board?

8. abyzmul

Depends.

I don't lurk any Pats boards currently, but in the past you get smart guys like Sundayjack who can cow the forum with his prose and demand respect, then you get guys like Scik who are innately embarrassing and couldn't find a clue in a bucket of sand with a steam shovel.

9. patfanken

patfanken Banned

Tell me, do you ever have somethng other to say than to wish bodily harm on someone. That's the easy way out of ny discussion with someone you disagree with.

You got anything else besides GFY. Its fine to disagree with my POV, but I would hope you have more going for you than GFY. Show me where you think I'm wrong.....if you can

A few days ago I challenged those who keep harping on "spygage" to tell me how filming signals created a competitive advantage. Its been almost a week, and NO ONE here has even tried.

I have to give you credit D, at least you responded to that post, even if all you could essentially add was GFY. :rolleyes:

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

He really hates us man. It would be incredible if we could play them and beat them in the playoffs, we could do some serious mental damage to this guys head and effect his marriage and family life, never mind his football career. Have you ever seen a player walk to the locker room right after a game and not share a hand shake with an opponent. When we make the playoffs, we are gonna play either Houston or Denver. The next 2 games are playoff games so with these 2 games and the first round win, it would make us razor sharp by the time we played them, where they would have 2 weeks off and not play a meaningful game in 6 weeks. I like our chances. Oh man, my buddy MLK had a dream, so do I.

11. Dierking

Frankly, I don't give a fuck about your point of view, as it scant more than a giant block of shit that no one wants to read, to quote a humongous asshole, but as it pertains to Rex, its fairly close to my own as I've said numerous times I don't think he's emotionally or physically capable of hanging as the Jets coach for the long haul.

All I have to say about Spygate is that there was only one team ever fined for the violation, and that fine was of unprecedented severity. Coupled with the leagues decision to destroy all the evidence, this points to the conclusion that something serious was afoot. What was that? I have no fucking idea, and neither do you nor any other dickless Patriots fan that in lieu of getting laid every couple of years thinks having a good time is going onto an opposing teams board and talking shit, poorly at that.

If ever in your miserable existence you find yourself important enough, or in enough trouble to have to consult with a lawyer, ask him what "spoliation of evidence" means and what the implications of it are. Then come back and tell me what the competitive advantage might have been. Don't forget to throw in the obligatory reference to shills like Jimmy Johnson and Bill Cowher who make their living off the NFL and its reputation and what their wholly unbiased opinions are.

Merry Christmas. Now shut up and get the fuck out of here.

12. Stu Pidassle

Stu Pidassle New Member

Seriously? As a devotee of schadenfreude I have spent many hours enjoying the posts on Gang Green. With the exception of a few voices of reason, this thread is the most ridiculous I have read here. As far as Brady being happy that the Jests lost, that is how you are supposed to feel about one of your closest rivals. The Pats/Jets rivalry is fun, we should all enjoy it for the drama it brings to the games. I also think the obsession is not Brady with the Jets, in reality the members of this board are obsessed with Brady and the storybook life that he leads. It is hilarious that people are so focused on a throw away comment when the Jets playoff chances are circling the drain. I hope the Jets make it to Foxboro, the Pats have some revenge to exact.

Step back from the ledge and have a Merry Christmas,
    Stu

13. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

he doesn't want us to knock them out of the playoffs again

14. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Amen. I am right there with you Brother!

15. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

I can't believe no one has responded to this post yet. I read this and just laugh at most of your points, expecting nothing less from a typical Pats homer.

That's fine on Holmes. You can blame a HC for making him Captain. Its not something I, or most Jet fans, are concerned with, but if you want to get down to nitpicky things, by all means...

Again, who cares? Its this petty BS that annoys me about Pats fans. Who cares if he uses 'I'? Rex talks more about how much he loves his players and the skills they possess in a week span more than Bill has in his entire coaching tenure. I'll take that over the fact he uses the term 'I.' He always raves about his coaching staff too, he has a rule in place that when he speaks he tries to single out a HC and player for doing a terrific job. When does Bill do this?

What the Jets have done the last 3 years requires no skill, just luck he says. I laugh when I go over to PatsFans.com and still see that the Jets were 'lucky' to beat us in Foxboro, that we 'beat ourselves.' You're as delusional as the rest of them. Any type of playoff run has some luck to it, but you make it seem like we got by more on luck than skill. How can you possibly think that? I would love for you to type out all the ways the Jets got lucky over the past 2.5 years.

This is the funniest thing you've posted. Where has Bill done 'more with less.' Please enlighten me. You're aware that you have the worst defense in the NFL right? When you've faced adequate offenses (no, Denver, Indy, and KC don't count), they torched you for 450+ yards. When you get into the playoffs this year, you'll see the same thing. You win games because of your offense, and when they can't perform you don't have a prayer. Show me where Bill has done more with less, I really don't think you can. I'm sure you think BB is still a great drafter too, even though your '06-'08 drafts have produced you ONLY a kicker. Take away your 2 awesome TEs, and BB has had pretty pedestrian drafts the past 6 years (unless you think McCourty is still a top CB?). But ooooo we can't make fun of BB cause everything he touches turns to gold (I remember when you guys pranced around that you got Haynesworth and Ochocinco, and laughed at Plaxico signing...who has the last laugh now?)

Say what you want about our defense, but it's 6th in the league right now. Are us Jet fans upset that its not #1? Hell yea. We have a high standard here with what Rex brings to the table defensively, yet 6th is still WELL above average despite having minimal talent on that side of the ball. Other than Revis, Harris, and Cro, I fail to see where other talent lies on defense, yet with all that our D is 6th in the league (3rd if you use FootballOutsiders DVOA metrics). BB has done a horrific job with your defense, and it was someone other an BB who put it together, he would have gotten canned by now. At least our defense went from 1st to 3rd to 6th (pedestrian dropoffs). Yours went from middle of the pack to 25th to dead last. More with less he says.....

Yes, the run game isn't as good as last year. It ranks above average since they went back to ground and pound (week 6ish I believe), but I agree, its not what it used to be. I think this falls primarily on the offensive line and the fact we are passing more, but we can agree to disagree on this.

So in 18 months we'll be losing ground to the entire division? What do you base this on? You realize when Tom Brady retires that the Patriots will have nothing left? You realize that our core players (Mangold, Brick, Revis, Harris, Sanchez) are locked up for the long term. How can you make such an asinine comment? What have the Bills or Dolphins done to show you they can leapfrog us in the immediate future?

I like that Pats fans contribute to these boards because it spices things up, but come on man. Open your eyes and look at it from a rational point of view.

We've had some hiccups this year, but we have a chance to only finish 1 game worse than last year. I don't consider that to be a big drop off (contrary to most of your post).

#155 CurbYourEnthusiasm, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  16. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

No one answered him because he is not worth the time and effort it took to write a post like yours. What he said was dumb like everything else he says so why even bother at this point.

17. Mossachusetts

Mossachusetts Banned

WOW, talk about being butt hurt!

18. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

The only reason the Pats were reprimanded over Spygate was because of BB's arrogance defying a league mandate that taping of opponents could only take place from the end zones and press box.

Please explain to me how the Pats were "cheating" and gaining a competitive advantage by taping from the sidelines instead of from the end zones and press box like the other 31 teams.

19. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Cheating = doing something against the rules. What was bullshit was the severity of the penalty, nothing they videotaped was of any use on game day.

Also ...why are you trying to argue with Jets fans on a Jets forum about a Patriots "scandal", do you think they care? Please tell me you aren't really that stupid.

20. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

and practices

you forgot to mention practices