Week 16 Giants @ Jets discussion.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Dec 18, 2011.

1. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Please explain why.

2. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

I think if we win out, we're in no matter what our competition (CIN, DEN, OAK, SD) for the last spot does.

3. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

hey, so, after another terrible loss with no smack talk from rex, it looks like things are gonna change

Rex already started firing
    thats the way!

4. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

This is going to be ugly, but we can win ugly. Giants usually don't. NYJ 20 NYG 14

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

The sole reason why I have confidence is because the Giants are 1-5 in their last 6 games, and should be 0-6 in their last 6 games if it wasnt for the Cowboys choking it up. This team is reeling, and really doesnt have the personal to compete with us. We need to bully this team, if we play down to their level and keep them around it will give them life. Lets jump on them and put them away as early as possible.

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Impossible. it would put all the pressure on the Bengals to beat the Ravens. And if the Ravens are playing for a bye week, the bengals are as good as dead. The Ravens wouldnt lose to an inferior Bengals team with a bye week and home game on the line.

7. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

dude come on... you can't run the ball down 28-0. I don't like schotty but any oc would have stopped running the ball if the team is down 4 TDs. You're not going to come back doing 7 or 8 minute drives. We needed TDs fast. Our team is based on the run which we were doing very well at the beginning but the silly turnovers cost us.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Yep. There is no OC who will continue to run down by 28 pts.

9. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

If JPP attacks against Hunter, it will be the death of me, and the game itself.

That's going to get ugly.

10. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Nope. I don't think so.

If both the Jets and Bengals win out, the Jets win by virtue of strength of wins.

If the Jets win this week and lose to the Phins, and the Bengals lose this week and beat the Ravens, the Bengals get in by virtue of a better conference record.

On the good news side, if the Jets lose this week and the Bengals beat the Cards, the Jets could still win the last wildcard by beating the Dolphins and the Bengals losing to the Ravens via the better conference record tiebreaker.

Basically, winning both is the best way to get in, but the Dolphins game is the bigger one (assuming the Bengals lose at least one of the last two).

EDIT: I was just focusing on Jets and Bengals. If both the Jets and Bengls lose this week, and Titans, Chargers, or Raiders win, it opens up a lot of other scenarios...

#110 CJLang, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  11. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

I hope we go no huddle to get in a nice rhythm . The giants are awful at lining up and pushing the pace early could deflate them a bit.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Wow, I completely disagree with the notion that the Eagles present a lot of the same problems.

I think the only similarity the Giants have to the Eagles is a good pass rush. They don't have any defensive backs that can play bump and run like the Eagles did to us. They don't have nearly as much speed on offense as the Eagles do. We match up much, much better against the Gaints IMO than we did against the Eagles.

13. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Nicks says Revis is decent.

And Cruz says teams aren't scared of Revis.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I think we will have a decent amount of opportunities for interceptions this week. I'm not just reacting to the Skins game here but Eli tends to throw the ball out there and let his receivers make a play. A lot of the time that means the DB's have a chance to make a play too.

15. mute

mute Well-Known Member

this is a good thing because apparently Revis has been bored.

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

"Giants receiver Victor Cruz thinks he’s going to have a good time visiting Revis Island on Saturday.

Cruz said today that when the Giants play the Jets, he expects to get plenty of balls thrown his way, even if Darrelle Revis is covering him.

“Teams aren’t really scared [of Revis] anymore,” Cruz said, via the New York Daily News. “He’s got to earn his money this year. Teams aren’t really backing down. I feel like we’re going to do the same thing. We’re going to go out. Until he physically stops us we’re going to throw the ball on him.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-to-throw-the-ball-at-darrelle-revis/related/

He's right, nobody is afraid of him anymore. Everybody who has thrown at him this year has been successful.

17. mute

mute Well-Known Member

yeah, for all the praise hes getting by the media by how much he improved, he still throws the ball off his back foot and with his left hand. I dont see that changing in this game. Eli WILL just throw it up and hopefully Revis or whoever in the area intercepts it.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Revis is having a great season by the standard of any normal d-back. It's a little worse than we're used to seeing from him but I suspect that has more to do with what he's being asked to do than what he's capable of doing.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Hopefully he is up for this because it sounds like they will come at him. Of course that could be a smokescreen.

20. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

i disagree. hes had 1 bad game. besides that there hasnt been anything to complain about.