Worst player on the NY Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DanR, Dec 20, 2011.

?

1. Matt Mulligan

14.8%
  2. Eric Smith

10.5%
  3. Matt Slauson

0.5%
  4. Wayne Hunter

63.2%
  5. Other

11.0%
  1. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

^ THIS

And the above stament makes THIS true...

We could survive poor safety play if Sanchez had enough time to throw the ball and score points.

2. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

why is matt slauson on this list?

3. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

please send this to Rex/Tanny. i laugh to think " would BB have chosen VD undrafted let alone the 2nd f*cking round!!"
    rex should ask himself this to understand were he is in terms of head coach intelligence.

love Rex for his attitude but it takes alot more

4. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

BB has wasted a ton more second round picks than we have.

5. sg3

sg3 Banned

dumb thread with dumb choices

DUMP

6. southsidejet

southsidejet Member

For starters on the roster at this point and from the list above I would go for Hunter. Just so scary at how he's being ripped apart as a starter. Hell putting extra help over there either through Mulligan or the odd occasions of very heavy with Ducasse he has struggled.

Matt Mulligan is what he is a special teamer who can block but does not seem to have timing and awareness through the play. I may be wrong but hasn't he seen more time than expected since Cumberland got hurt

Eric Smith has been a major disappointment as a starter this year for me as I had hoped and prayed that his coverage awareness could have been worked on and improved. He's not the rangiest of guys or has explosive speed but he is smart seems to have a number of the calls down and plays with a lot of heart. He is ideally a tweener and much better in run support and blitzing set for him than the role he is playing

Got to agree with others that Slauson shouldn't be on this poll

7. portfolio1

portfolio1 New Member

Sanchez is NOT a bust.... He is not elite... He never will be I expect. But he is decent - most especially because he doesnt joke in big games.. he plays better. But he is NOT elite.

If you want elite.. yes, they need to move on. But you can upgrade the rest of the team and he could still go far. But you need a more complete and dominating team - O line, RBs , WRs (that consistently catch and not just big play makers), and D and special teams.

8. portfolio1

portfolio1 New Member

You dont have to like someone to respect them. BB has put together a deeper team. They can weather injuries better because of it. THey are on their third center. Look what happened here when Mangold was down... for example.

But BB is not the litmus test. The litmus test is whether this team is well built. Well they are a good team with some obvious strengths. But they have some real problems. Both in starting lineup and in depth. The O line is nowhere near good enough to field a dominating running game nor to protect a decent but non elite QB. It now looks like their is little real depth at RB. Not that LT or McKnight dont have some good skills... but they are not feature backs to spell or give depth behind Green. And on a team that REQUIRES a superior D there are too many areas that are average or worse. Most notably pass rush and safety.

THis team needs more than one or two players. It needs at least 2 OL, at least more RB upgrade, at least 1 WR who is CONSISTENT, it could use a blocking TE who can catch (not to replace Keller but to complement). It needs at least one or two real pass rushers who are not only pass rushers (so they can be used without having to put a special package in... and when in cant be kept on the field by an O running no huddle to take advantage of their personnel package). It needs at least one upgrade at LB, at least one upgrade in depth of CB and at least one upgrade at starting safety.

That is a bit of personnel. Some of that can be masked if there is a really elite QB but not as the roster stands now.

9. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

Yeah, like Woodhead.

10. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Well, bothering to post in it is jsut bumping it to the top, Perhaps next time just ignore it to help let it die.

11. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Eric Smith and it was well before this season.

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Probably one of the practice squad guys.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i went with mulligan.i remember hunter playing decently in the playoffs.
    i can't remember mulligan ever doing anything

#53 FJF, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  14. Why are we always dwelling on the negative?

15. vajet69

vajet69 New Member

Had to vote other. Ducasse followed by Hunter, Mulligan then Smith. In that order.
    Ducasse had a choice of playing for the Jets or a modeling career. He chose the wrong one.

16. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Wayne Hunter in a landslide!

17. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

Im tempted to say mulligan, but he doesnt play enough to get the vote.

i then wanted to say hunter, but i think he looks worse because shotty puts him in horrible situations.

so i'd say either eric smith or david harris. both are horrible, cant cover a statue, and really the weak links to our defense

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

seriously? david harris is a run stuffing hard hitting lb. he shouldn' be asked to cover t.e.

19. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Stick to Madden dude

20. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mulligan isn't even backup worthy, at least Smith and Hunter are