Wayne Hunter

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BadgerOnLSD, Nov 11, 2011.

1. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Surely a disciplinarian like Coughlin would lead us right to the Super Bowl in all his purple-faced glory.

2. BookEndTackles 72&79

The Slauson hate is an uncalled typical knee jerk reaction from fans. The guy does a decent job and is not overpaid. Pro Bowlers can't be at every position. He is a middle of the road interior lineman in this league and there is nothing wrong with that.

3. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

The true definition of Slauson - Quality Depth - he's a starter on a below average football team - which very well may mean he's right where he belongs, as the Jets seem to be in the upper echelon of barely average teams - unfortunately - that's the reality many fans don't want to realize. This team, as its constructed right now, is no where near as good as the team the past 2 seasons due to its lack of QUALITY depth. That quality has been forced into starting rolls, and is in over its head.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

He certainly would have gotten in Hunter's smiling face more than a few times this year for sure..

5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Doesn't mean that would necessarily make a difference.

6. Cman68

Especially if the player can't raise his level of play or is deaf. At the very least, Hunter would have been put on notice, and not to nicely either. Every now and then, a kick in the ass is better than a pat on the back.

7. Ulrich

Ulrich Member

Too cute by half, Mr. Foot Fetish's subconscious.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Bill Parcells would have cut Hunter by now. He knew the price of losing your QB better than anybody in the NFL with all the Simm's catastrophes and the Vinny wipeout (which was not blocking related, but still...) and he would not have let Hunter back on the field after the first few games.

Where he would have found a tackle is not clear but he definitely would have found somebody he could count on not to be a turnstile at RT by mid-season, sweating the whole time that he was going to lose Sanchez to a big hit.

9. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Not clear to say the least, they aren't easy to find. That's why we took Brick #4 overall when there were guys like Cutler available. If we had a better guy he'd be out there, we don't. Ducasse can't play, Turner is hurt, Woody is retired.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Remind me who is behind him ready to take his job?

Oh yeah.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

My question is: When the fuck is Tanny going to learn? 3 times he's had a OL problem. Now that this team has a dynamic, playoff winning QB its time to make sure the OL is at a premium.

If anyone saw Rodgers against the Chiefs, did you notice how the Packers were losing a couple of starters on the line and he completed less than half his passes? Sound familiar?

12. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Who exactly has given him a pat on the back. Rex doesn't trash his players publicly and never will. That doesn't mean that he is getting it easy in the locker room. We have no one to put in his place so theres nothing he can do about it.

13. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

I think that Slauson's been OK this season--he had a shit game against the Eagles, but by and large he's played well enough to start for a contending team.

The problem is that the O-line had to deal with a shortened offseason, Moore has been playing hurt for much of the season, Mangold missed a few games, and Hunter is perpetually useless, so the line really hasn't gelled as a unit all season.

14. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Bill Parcells also would have fled the team by the end of this season. Maybe we should find better role models.

15. Cman68

So, you're saying that all that stands between us and no RT at all is Hunter? Nobody else on the team can play RT? Nobody on the waiver wire can play RT? Seriously???

IF that's true, then Hunter can get Sanchez killed and Ryan will just make another excuse and cover "publically" for a player that really has no business on the field. Perhaps Ryan doesn't want to make Tannenbaum look bad for signing Hunter in the offseason. At least that makes sense.

#195 Cman68, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  16. Cman68

See my response to Mick... If Ryan has been blasting Hunter's useless ass all season privately, it sure as hell ain't workin. I refuse to believe that no matter how bad Hunter plays, he can't be replaced or at the very least, benched. If the SOP of the NYJ's is to give a player a public pass while blasting him privately, it ain't working in Hunter's case. Evidently, the lack of depth at RT gives Hunter a carte blanche to suck all season long without any consequences whatsoever.

You can't possibly believe that I hope..

#196 Cman68, Dec 20, 2011
  17. Ulrich

Ulrich Member

I have a vague idea of who shouldn't be playing RT instead of Hunter but you seem more convinced than I am. Fewer question marks, more possible RTs please. And kindly CC Mr Callahan and Mr Tannenbaum, I'm sure they wouldn't want them to miss this.

18. Cman68

Maybe if Tannenbaum, Callahan and Ryan thought they had a problem at RT at some point before now, they would have done something about it. Ducasse sure as hell ain't the answer but he is a relatively high DP (by Tannenbaum standards) so he's on the roster no matter what. I guess there's not a single RT on any practice squad, anywhere in the entire NFL, CFL, Lowes or Home Depot that's better than Wayne Hunter. Perhaps they should be paid more than QB's then as they're at least as rare.Then again, if you think this FO/CS has done everything possible to put the best RT on the field for the NYJ's because there's no one else available, I will not try to change your opinion as you are evidently satisfied that everything that could be done, has been done. I don't share that opinion. FTR, I couldn't possibly use enough question marks to cover all the questions regarding Tannenbaum's offseason maneuvers in 2010.

#198 Cman68, Dec 20, 2011
  19. Jets3-4D

Jets3-4D New Member

Adam Schein from SNY put it best a few months ago when he called Hunter the human turnstile......

20. Ulrich

Ulrich Member

Maybe there isn't an RT who's better nuff than Hunter to deserve what we'd be payinn 'im unnera sallry cap? If there are sooo many RTs out there just dyin to protect Sanchez just excellent sorta, could you please tell me who they are?

Don't mean to be an asshole, I just think there's a fundamental divide among fans: those who just want results in the abstract, and those who root for the FO as well as the players we actually have - which involves taking into account the limitations they face. I tend to attribute this to age in general, but as I gather your age is in your username, I really don't know what to make of your seemingly kneejerk-ish opinions. Seriously, I loathe Wayne Hunter, but who could the Jets have gone for, knowing that Wayne looked very good last year? And why should I trust you over Bill Callahan?