Jets haven't won one game this season when

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LeonNYJ, Dec 18, 2011.

1. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

scoring less than 24 points.

The Jets haven't lost one game this season when scoring more than 24 points.

2. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

score 24 points I guess

3. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Dallas
    Jacksonville
    Miami
    San Diego
    @Buffalo
    @Washington
    Kansas City

Those wins don't look particularly good at this point either.

4. Double Zero

Double Zero Member

If we scored 24 points today, we still would have lost by 3 touchdowns.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Dude, the Jets beat the Chiefs by 27. The Chiefs beat the Packers. Which means the Jets are better than the World Champs!

6. LeonNYJ

Sure, but you can also make the argument that if they scored 24 points they may have come on drives where they didn't crap the bed and it could have been a different game ;).

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I think the NFL overall has been a lot closer this season than seasons past, and winning is impressive. Washington has looked good last two weeks (Pats and Giants), but we handled them. KC, well look at today. Buffalo we beat when they were still "contenders". It doesn't look impressive, but I think this year we see each game is really a lot tougher than years past.

8. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

The Jets haven't won one game this season where they didn't score more points than the other team. What gives?

9. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

That is some logic there.

The truth is the Jets got gifts from Dallas and San Diego or they'd be 6 and 8 right now. The truth is the Jets D is nowhere near where it was last year and the offense has taken a step back. Luckily, they're still in it because most every team in the league has some glaring weakness or another.

The Jets have to beat a desperate Giants team and a Miami team that is feeling pretty good about itself and would love nothing more than sticking it to the Pats and Jets tho finish off the season. Not gonna be easy.

10. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

How bout Jets havent won one game this season when playin any team that is halfway decent.All wins have come against teams with losing records and one huge gift from Tony Romo,proving they are nothing more than average.They can beat all the bad teams but lose to all the good teams proving they are just a middle of the pack team.True story!

11. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

I thought this was going to be the Jets havent won one god damn game when they needed a chance to shine.

Chance to take the division, nah well get bent over by the Pats.

Chance to take the wildcard, nah well lose to Tim Fucking Tebow on a 90 somewhat yard drive.

Chance to salvage our season, and well get completely raped by the Eagles.

Same shit last year when we went to New England, or to Pitt in the Playoffs.

When the Jets need to step up, we simply dont show up

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

So true. Especially the vaunted Rex Ryan Defense.

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

That's exactly the way it looked and seemed to me. It's hard to understand.

I guess the reason for that, the difficulty in assessing why, is that it is not any one factor you could point to. The talent is neither mediocre nor great. If it were great, like you might have said about Philly early in the season, you oould point to a lack of time for the team to get it together, or maybe a poor fit of players playing together. Or bad attitude or lack of effort.

You could point to poor coaching, but the team certainly looked very well coached against Kansas City.

You could point to turnovers, and they were definitely a factor. But Philly also had four and somehow still was able to score 45 points.

I have to wonder, though, whether at least at key times, certain players are not playing with as much effort as perhaps they should. Why, I don't really know.

14. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Rex Ryan seems to always get a free pass. He gets tons of credit for successes (2 AFC Championship games, as everyone likes to crow), but failures seem to belong to Shottenhiemer, Sanchez, or some other target. When is Ryan going to have to answer questions about the teams preparedness, and about his schemes? Every week, the tight end is wide open. Every week, blitzers don't get to the qb (unless the qb is Tyler Palko). Doesn't the buck have to stop with him eventually?

15. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Probably because Rex is the most successful Jets coach in generations and he's only been here 3 seasons. Also, how much of it is scheme vs talent? The perception here is our safeties aren't that good (thus, the TE problem) our LB's are mostly aging and we lack a real pass rusher.

I'd really like to see the Jets focus on the D and O-Line for a year in the draft and free agency.

16. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

All true, especially the last sentence, but I am troubled this season by the apparent lack of preparedness, especially for key games, and the seeming lack of discipline, expressed by penalties and turnovers. That points to coaching.

17. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

On this board 99% of the posters post different types of bravado how good a team we are & how great a coach RR is but nobody EVER talks about the why we have been unsuccessful for the last 42 years in which we have won NOTHING. :sad:

18. LeonNYJ

So you're saying it's SOJ in disguise?

19. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

We haven't really had a quality win over a quality opponent all year. I mean a game where we were evenly matched and we won because we outplayed the other team. The only quality opponents we beat were because of them making foolish mistakes and letting us back into the game.