Seriously, how did this happen?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by srqman1, Dec 18, 2011.

1. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

Speechless. Absolutely speechless.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This had its genesis in the offseason when we let Wetherford, Edwards and Moore go thinking we had quality replacements in Conley, Burris and Hunter.

3. casman02

casman02 New Member

I think you mean Woody, but I agree. Maybe the replacements would have done better had they had a full training camp to prepare, but you need as little turnover as possible with a shortened offseason

4. Cman68

Yep.. I meant Woody but you got my drift! Nice catch!

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The offense was unprepared to play this game. The defense didn't match up well with the Eagles speed. It's that simple.

Specifically on the offense not being prepared:

1. The Jets had no plan to cover the Hunter/Babin mismatch. There was just no plan in play to deal with that so Babin lived in the Jets backfield.

2. Santonio Holmes was obviously not prepared to play at game time.

3. The Jets ran the ball successfully on the first drive and then somehow got away from that (again.)

In a rational world Wayne Hunter would have been cut two months ago and Schotty would have been let go last February. Obviously the Jets don't inhabit a rational world at this point.

6. Cman68

Hey, Schotty is a genius and Rex can do no wrong.. Blasphemer!!!

7. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Its just the pass rush....if we suppressed that it would have been a totally different game

8. Double Zero

Double Zero Member

I feel like this game rests on Wayne Hunter and Eric Smith.

Hunter was like a turn-style out there tonight. He was constantly beat and left Sanchez out to dry on AT LEAST one play every freaking drive.

Eric Smith was awful (as usual). He couldn't cover a guy in a wheelchair, let alone a starting tight end in the NFL.

Piss poor showing today. There's no way I feel confident in the team this year. We need to make a major overhaul in the off season.

9. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

HOW did it happen???? How about WE SUCK!!

10. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

Shitty officiating, shitty ball protection, shitty offensive line, shitty play calling. Basically, Baltimore game all over again

11. Cman68

You bought into the hype Al. This team doesn't suck. It is what it is. Mediocre 8-8 team with great PR and the NY Media Megaphone to broadcast it far and wide.

12. fdcnyc

fdcnyc Active Member

Does anyone ever get benched on this team? I mean I know we don't have much depth but there has to be a benching just to prove a point. Wayne hunter gets beat like a drum and commits dumb penalties but he stays in the game . The same with Eric Smith . There isn't even a threat of a benching . The backups may suck even more but who knows maybe someone is hungry enough to have an NFL career and can come in and make some plays .

13. GangGreenTay

GangGreenTay Active Member

If you ask me we shouldve abandoned the run game in the middle of the 2nd qtr and at least tried no huddle passing.

14. ASITS

ASITS Member

The funny thing about this dibacle is it meant nothing! We control our destiny

15. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Holmes handicapped us 14 points.

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Even due to the really poor start, we chipped the lead to 15 and were somewhat driving in the 3rd when on 3rd down Sanchez threw incomplete but was hit in the helmet with Babin's helmet and went down awkwardly. I think next play or two, Celek for 70+ yards and the game was out of hand again.

We had multiple opportunites with the fumbled punt, the multiple other eagles turnovers, and the drive above to cut the game down to one possesion but we could not and the Eagles put us away with their speed on offense, and knowing we had to pass so they can unleash their pass rushers.

17. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Can we get Edwards back next year or did SF lock him up?

18. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Holmes sucked all the energy. You can tell from the get-go the Jets were going to run the ball and run it well. Everything was going good until that fumble.

Outside of Holmes you have the safeties yet again and .... the oline playing badly.

19. Cman68

Not sure. I thought it was a one year deal. Perhaps with some research we can find out..

20. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

The defense couldn't play contain which equals disaster. Once we were down a lot, the offense had to get away from it's game plan. Oh, and hunter allowed maybe 10 plus pressures. This is the worst individual olineman season I've ever seen for a jet.