What Matchups

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #28Martin, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

The Egales have been gettign ripped all year for being weak along the line on both sides of the ball. Basicly the thoguht is they went all splash and no substance while trying to build in the offseason and it shows. Despite all thier speed on the outside the middle of the feild is very weak for them.

2. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

This years team doesn't have an advantage over anyone. We have to go in there, play smart, mistake free football. Smash mouth ground and pound. Efficient offense with a few shots down the field. Overall no turnovers and we win this game handily.

3. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

GFY it was a compliment

4. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

How bout this... WE RUN THE BALL and not worry about their O. I know our D can take care of the rest make vick run right and were good

5. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Eagles Defensively:
    The Eagles D-Line spreads the ends really wide which helps with the pass rush but put A LOT of pressure on their LB & they're LB just aren't that good. Don't think there's any team in the league that puts the DE so wide consistently & I'm curious how it would work on a team that actually had dominant level LB core. Anyway, Jets should not have a hard time running the ball down their throats. Also, Aso has been burned a lot more this season than people expected. Looks like the gap between him & Revis was much bigger than people realized. Eagles have a good player @ DT in Patterson but the Jets have the best C in the game opposite him.

Eagles Offensively:
    Desean Jackson is a gamebreaker but is there any team better than the Jets at taking away the #1 passing option if it's a Receiver? Jackson should be shutdown this game which leaves Vick trying to move the ball without his primary weapon. Vick is talented though and capable of extending plays. I think Maybin can chase him down if they're in the backfield together but that might be my homer opinion.

Their RB McCoy is pretty damn good but I don't think he has McFadden level speed. So I don't think the Jets D will be struggling so badly on the edge like in Raiders game.

==

Except for Vick, a lot of the Eagles strengths clash against the Jets strengths. We all know that every given Sunday blah blah blah but the Jets really do have some favorable matchups here. There are some Jets question marks that could really favor Eagles though. No Leonard, will the Jets D be able to click right away? Also, no Leonard and Jets have been shaky just catching the ball on special teams. Vick is talented enough to carry a team on his own so he's an X-factor in any game the Eagles are playing.

#25 ajax, Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  6. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Really? You don't think the Jets defense had any advantage over KC's offense?

How about Keller going up against one of Philly's LBs or S? Go ahead...Name the Eagles LBs and Safeties without looking it up.

#26 Lon Chaney, Dec 15, 2011
  7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

He's definitely a wildcard, but he's not near top shape right now. It has to effect his game. It will help the Jets.

8. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Do you know what QFT means? You may want to look it up ...........

9. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Took me a minute to figure out what GFY meant. Almost had to get champ to translate it for me.

10. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I'm going with Quantum Field Theory.

In fairness, I always thought it was an acronym for Quit Fucking Talking.

Now that I've looked it up, it proves my theory that I'm old and not up with the lingo.

#30 KWJetsFan, Dec 15, 2011
  11. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I said that earlier in the week. 3 turnovers in a nine minute span, inflated tht score even more than we did against the Foreskins.

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

dude, he was agreeing with you.

(Quoted for Truth)

You need to be tased.....

13. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Ack...sorry

I'm accustomed to QFT meaning "quit fucking trolling" on other message boards.

If that wasn't the intended acronym I apologize.

/2 day Self ban imposed for over reacting.

#33 Donttasemebro, Dec 15, 2011
  14. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Shit, good point, I hadn't thought about that aspect. He's not exactly exciting as a returner but he seems to have the surest hands on ST. I'm going to be nervous for every kick on Sunday.

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Kerley knows the spotlight is on him.

Also, remember Wilson fielded one punt in the KC game.

16. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Revis needs to knock the snot out of Jackson on every play ... frustrate him, and take him out of his rhythm.

LT and McKnight could have a field day against their LBs, catching passes out of the backfield. Unfortunately, we may need LT to stay in and help with pass protection.

Eagles are giving up 4.4 yards per carry. We really need a big game from Greene ... over 125 yards.

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

McCoy can't be all THAT good, dude's already lost 8 fricken games.

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

My goal for this game is to watch fireman Ed get the iggles crowd doin the jets chant! bet it happens!!!!