Kraft & Pats Catch Break / NFL To Jets: Drop Dead

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 13, 2011.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Blame Woody for not being as strong of a owner within the NFL owners club that Kraft is. It may also be that Woody did not realize that we were going 2 time zones west to play the Broncs on Thurs not including the flying time Newark/Denver :sad:

2. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

More likely the organizatio, in Superbowl boast or bust mode, may have just looked passed the broncos, a rebuilding team, and not cared about the schedule. Probably saw as an extra week of rest / prep for a division game against the Bills looked worth it.

just a possibility.

3. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I'm rooting for an earthquake in Denver and the whole stadium collapses into a pool of lava therefore eliminating that Ugg wearing homo and Tebow the alter boy fondler.

4. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Ok. Let me preface this by saying that your scenario is highly likely and favorable for the Jets. In reality, I want that to happen. But...

In the NFL, anything can happen. Denver wins out (God is rooting for them). Baltimore and Pitt both lose 2 out of three (they both play 2 road games and Big Ben is hurt). Houston wins out (or 2 out of 3).

In this scenario, the seeds are:

1. Houston
    2. NE
    3. Denver
    4. Baltimore
    5. Pitt
    6. Jets

**AGAIN, I'M NOT SAYING THIS WILL HAPPEN** But, that would be the ideal scenario for the Jets.

5. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

People would interrpret that random event as the end of days which would be fun too.

6. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Which God?

7. islanderbill

islanderbill New Member

Patriots hands down.

Hatred for Pats --- obvious.

If the Broncos maintain their division lead they will not play into the Jets' playoff chances in the wildcard. If the Broncos fall to the wildcard, the Jets are out.

8. BookEndTackles 72&79

Ideal sceanrio is New England loses out, Jets win out and the Jets move into the 3 or 4 seed.

9. 3xNFLChampion

3xNFLChampion Banned

Not likely. This whole thread is baseless, Kraft had nothing to do with the lack of schedule change. Worry about whats happening on the field.

10. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

100% correct, sir.

11. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Hate to agree with this guy, but losing to New England twice makes it a moot point. Even a split would have made us both 9-4 with us holding a tie-breaker edge and then we could worry about this.

It's likely the Jets didn't protest the schedule at all. If you're playing well it doesn't matter--in 1998 we wrapped up the AFC East by winning AT Miami on a Sunday night and AT Buffalo the following Saturday at 12:30.

The one time I remember the Jets protesting the schedule was in 1999 when Bill Parcells complained about always going out west to open the season (1996 at Denver, 1997 at Seattle, 1998 at SF). The NFL wanted Jets at Denver AFC Championship game rematch to open the year and Parcells objected. We ended up at home for New England, that worked out.

12. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Too bad the Jets failed to capitalize on Brady missing all but about seven minutes of an entire season and instead they kinda choked and let the Dolphins win the division that year. :wink:

On topic though...

I agree that the Jets' Thursday game with Denver was a shit deal in terms of scheduling, but personally I don't see a correlation between that and the fact that the Pats-Broncos game wasn't flexed out of the 4:15 pm time slot. Kraft was probably going to bat for CBS because of his business ties to them (regardless of what Reis' article said).

And as much vitriol as there is for Kraft on a Jets board (which is totally natural, mind you)... without him there probably wouldn't have been an NFL season this year.

This is just one of probably 50 stories you'll find if you google his name with "helps end NFL lockout."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/26/robert-kraft-hero-lockout-nfl_n_909413.html

13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Oh thank you oh wise one...
    GMAFB, There are 99k other threads on "what's happning on the field".

I have been questioning the Kraft-CBS thing for a few years now ever since they would show the CBS prsident sitting in luxury boxes with Kraft. It's kinda obvious there is some extra rub goin on there.
    I mean dude, the fukin Tuck rule? that is the cream of the crop right there :lol:

14. Italian Seafood

Fun fact: Since 2001 the only QBs to win the AFC East are Tom Brady (8x) and Chad Pennington (2x).

Actually, that's not fun at all.

15. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

It'd be fun to try to figure out how many different QBs Miami has started during that span. I've got the over/under at 6, without looking first...

16. Italian Seafood

Since 2001? Has to be a lot more than six, I'd think.

They had Fiedler as their first post-Marino guy, off the top of my head Beck, Daunte Culpepper, AJ Feeley, I think Sage Rosenfels started a little for them, of course Pennington, Henne and now Moore.

I'm missing a bunch of guys, too.

17. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

You dare forget the immortal Cleo Lemon?!

18. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Why? You aren't one of those simpering idiots who believes anything he says on a message board will affect the game on Sunday, are you?

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Chad Henne
    Matt Moore
    J. P. Losman
    Chad Pennington
    Tyler Thigpen
    Cleo Lemon
    Trent Green
    John Beck
    Joey Harrington
    Daunte Culpepper
    Drew Brees (wait, no)
    Gus Frerotte
    Sage Rosenfels
    A.J. Feeley
    Jay Fiedler
    Brian Griese
    Ray Lucas

20. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Assuming the Jets are in, I don't want to face the Pats again....we already lost twice !