Computer running slow or need some cleaning? Follow these steps!

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Green Dude, Feb 28, 2007.

1. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

Uninstall Adobe flash with the link provided here and then try re-installing... let me know how it goes.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

2. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

If I knew how to read I just saw your thread in the BS forum...

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

thanks man i got it to work

4. IATA

IATA Trolls

hey computer fucks
    is there a way to make my god damn audio louder besides buying a sound card? like a program or something?

this shit is fucking quiet and i have every setting i can find jacked up.

thanks
    *kisses*

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You could always pump your analog audio thru your line level inputs on your receiver using a Y-1/8" stereo to RCA adapter. You might need ground loop isolators to eliminate the 60hz hum...

6. IATA

IATA Trolls

i dont even know what you just said. i just want louder audio

7. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Yeah. Get new speakers

8. Cman68

:grin: Translated: Pump your computer's sound card output thru your home receiver. You can do the same thing with any IPod or MP3 player. The hum is a ground loop hum that you may have heard at some point.

The same port on your soundcard that you'd plug your computer's speakers into can be utilized to connect to any home theatre receiver or better yet, if you have a digital (optical) output on your soundcard, use that.

Its really simple (and cheap) to do IATA. Just a couple of cables from Radio Shack and you're in business.

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that the volume of a soundcard is dependent on the soundcard. If you have a desktop, this is a easy fix for a few bucks.

#548 Cman68, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  9. Cman68

Slow death of a SSD drive:

If any of you are running your OS off a SSD, here's some warning signs of an impending death. Your apps close by themselves in a cascading fashion complete with tiled error messages. You will be tempted to reboot. This is the final stake thru the heart as your OS will not recognize your SSD and your machine will not boot.

Solution: New SSD and a current backup will save the day. It might be possible to recover data from the dead SSD but I wouldn't bet this week's beer money on that.

Once a SSD dies, its gone. Even if you have a hot swappable port for it, your OS might see it for a short period of time but then it will go dark for good..

Trust me. I know........

10. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

My computer picked up some kind of communicable disease that misdirects my Yahoo searches.

For example, if I search on "Chevrolet" Yahoo yields a bunch of hits. When I click on the link to "www.chevrolet.com" I get sent to some kind of auto vin search website.

I've tried to scan in Safe Mode with McAfee, Malwarebytes, and Microsoft Security Essentials. All three scan clean, and detect no infections.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

---------

UPDATE:

After searching, I found that I had what some people call Google Redirect 2011.

There is a bunch of suggested fixes out there, but I went with this one, and it worked:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Google-Re...Virus-From-Windows-XP,-Vista-and-7&id=5536248

It really bugs me to pay for software like this, but I had to do it.

I'm convinced that these anti-virus publishers write the virus programs to begin with.

#550 RPOZ51, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  11. Cman68

Try "Hijackthis". Then scan the log file for something that doesn't appear to belong there. It will allow you to delete the offending file however, you must be very careful as to what it is you're deleting or you could screw up your rig big time.

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

13. Cman68

Its telling you that your OS was counterfeited. I had this issue with a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate I purchased online from what I thought was a legitimate vendor.

The problem here is that there are ways to circumvent this message by disabling or deleting your validating software but with that, you'll always have to be extremely careful as to what "updates" from Microsoft you're downloading as the OS will continuously attempt to reload the validation software.

Give MS a call and try to activate your OS again. Tell them you've had to replace your hardware due to __________ reason. If you're lucky, they will re-issue you a valid Activation number. If not, google the error message "genuine validation" and it should direct you to software that can remove the validation. Follow the instructions and you should be good to go until your next update. Again, its not a permanent fix unless you don't intend to auto patch your OS. To me, its a PITA to always sift through the myriad updates just to make sure the validation software isn't one of them but to each their own..

The easiest way of course is to just fork over another 2bills, get a valid Activation number and accept the hard lesson learned OR get another OS.

Hope that helped!

#553 Cman68, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  14. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

So about a month and half ago, my computer wouldn't start. I took it in and the guy told me I had a lose memory card, which he fixed and it worked again.

This morning, the same problem happened. The computer would not start up at all. I'm assuming it's the same problem. Does anyone know how to do this and want to lead me through it? It seems like it's a fairly easy task and I don't want to have to pay again to have it fixed.

15. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Nevermind, fixed it myself!

16. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

#556 BadgerOnLSD, Dec 10, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Theoretically since my CPU was running fine before I downloaded it could I just uninstall it and avoid the issue all together?

18. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Thanks very much for the response.

I ended up paying for Hitman, and it worked!

What a pain this was.

Why can't these virus people use their powers for good instead of evil?

Why can't we give them the death penalty?

19. Cman68

Yep. But uninstalling MS Security won't get rid of the validation piece. That's MS's way of checking for counterfeit software.. Can you do a "system restore" and pick a date before you downloaded MS Security Essentials? Back up your email first before you do as it will "reset" your machine to the date of the restore you've chosen email included.

20. mamalovesjets

mamalovesjets Member

Does any of this apply to a Mac as well?