Marcus Dixon on hbo real sports

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rinvesto, Dec 7, 2011.

1. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

Just saw great segment on him. He was falsely accused of rape. Jury acquitted him of rape but bc he had turned 18 and the girl from his high school was 16 he was sentenced to 10 yrs jail in Georgia. Higher court threw out sentence after he had served some time.
    I'm rooting for this kid and if you see the show you will too. He is a good person

2. Mangold Goldman

Im glad hes on our team, hes a productive and seemingly hard working player.

Good pickup

3. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Me too. Finally caught it. Agree completely.

4. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

I've heard the story before but yea, great guy to root for.

5. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

I remember hearing about this when it happened, this is an unbelievable story, I'm rooting for this kid.

6. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

He's mad some nice plays for us this season. Looks like he's gonna be a solid player.

7. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

I'm not sure i ever wanted to choke somebody through a TV as much as I did that leprosy covered troll of a DA

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He's played awesome these past two weeks. He's getting comfy in the starter role.

9. stanner

stanner Member

he reminded me of the albino from "princess bride" with lipstick.

10. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

I remember this story when it first happened, and it disgusts me now just as much as it did then. Good for Dixon to continue to pursue his dream

11. MeanGreens08

MeanGreens08 Member

Completely agree. The smug look on his face made me want to smack the shit out of him.

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He also had a near 4.0 GPA and I believe they said he was headed to Vanderbilt before this happened despite the fact he could have gone to any football factory school he wanted. Smart kid too

Oh, and what did you think of that so called DA...if he wasn't something out of the old south then I don't know who is..he couldn't get that smirk off his face for the whole interview, if it was up to him Dixon would have been lynched I am sure.

13. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

The DA was toting Georgia's company line. They still think they have a chance to reverse the civil war. Confederate flags abound.

Lunacy at its finest.

14. gizmo253

gizmo253 Member

I read an article on this a few weeks back....apparantly when Dixon was new to the team Bart took all the D out for dinner. He than brought up the story of this football player from georgia who was falsely accused of rape and jailed than released. Little did he know that Dixon was the guy he was talking about. They ended up talking about it after the dinner was over, and supposedly he and bart are the best of friends.

15. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

WWRCS

What Would Rich Cimini Say?

16. patfanken

patfanken Banned

I remember this story from years ago, though I didn't associate Dixon's name with it. IIRC it was a segment on 60 minutes or 20-20.

Interesting to know how its turned out for this kid. He was really screwed when it happened. Just 2 kids 18 months apart in age having fun. Just an example of a father who didn't like his "little girl" messing around and a DA looking for headlines.

I'm really happy that Dixon has overcome this and made it to the NFL. I hope he;s a success 14 games a year. I am curious though about finding out more about his path to the NFL after he was released, and what has happened to the father, daughter and DA since that miscarriage of justice. Did they mention that in the HBO segment?