Thomas Jones didn't want to leave the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 7, 2011.

1. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

People saying Greene isn't tough are high.

Greene lacks vision and durability, but toughness is not one of his weaknesses. The guy has been an absolute game changer for us in the playoffs (Bengals, Chargers, "good night" New England). Greene runs right through defenders. I just don't think is side to side movements are all that sharp. He is pretty much north and south.

That collarbone injury (or rib?) that he got his rookie season against the Colts in AFC Championship set him back a little. That seems to be a nagging injury holding him back.

The New York Jets are and always will be a running football team.

Get me MJD.

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

TJ has some serious guns

3. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Loved TJ. I'm most likely going to the game on Sunday, will bring my TJ jersey and will cheer his name being called.

4. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

You should rub some oil on his arms

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

One of Jones' best moments as a Jet (Maybe his best) was when Rex elected to go with him on the game winning 4th down run in San Diego instead of Greene. He got the first down, and the Jets went to the AFC Championship game.

Not one of LT's best days either:
    [​IMG]

6. gizmo253

gizmo253 Member

^^^YES Please bring in MJD!!! Im not sure what his contract situation is, and im unsure with the new owner if they would be willing to part ways with him this offseason, but before the trade deadline there were talks that the jets were in talks to acquire MJD.

7. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

Wait a second. I'm almost positive I remember seeing public reports of TJ telling his agent something to the effect of "get me to the Jets" when the Bears were interested in trading him.

8. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Gritty player. Always liked TJ.

9. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

Same here, but old legs had to go. I'll have nothing but love for him, but honestly I'm glad he's suiting up for the other team this weekend.

Have to respect his heart though.

10. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

Absolutely. Loved TJ in college at UVA, and followed his career ever since. However, I totally understand why the Jets let him go when they did, as he was on the wrong side of 30, and they wanted to go a different direction.

11. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Agreed. I'll be rooting for him to get those 12 yds (and just those) so he can surpass Tiki Barber!

12. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I don't even think TJ's age was an issue at the time he was released. He was obviously productive having his best year with us. And he probably would have recovered from his knee injury and been almost as good the following year (last year).

What REALLY made the Jets go after LT was his pass catching ability. Having LT coming out of the backfield as Sanchez' security blanket probably gave Rex and Tanny wood.

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

He was a great teamate, very intense, but great Rb. No freaking way. The dude goes down as soon there is contact. Glad they got rid of him when they did. Wish him well expect for Sunday. We need another RB to compliment Grenne, someone who can pop it outside. That's for another day. For now, gotta play with what we got.

14. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

TJ, is a "great" running back. On Sunday he will reach 11th all time in rushing yards. The lifetime of running backs is the shortest of all positions in the NFL.

TJ, protected the football very well and defied the typical lifeline of a running back. Guy was a workhorse and beast. Of course, he is probably in the last year of his career, but in the end I believe he will be listed with the greats.

#34 JetsVilma28, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

good call.

16. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

12 yards, wow, anyone think tj might read this forums?

17. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Could he put on a few pounds and make it as a blocking back for a few more years ? Strong guy, doesn't fumble, good blocker.

Richardson played until 38/39 !!!