Shocking News: Mark Sanchez might make the Pro Bowl

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 6, 2011.

1. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Sanchez is not nearly as bad as so many of you are making him out to be. He may not be lighting it up on the stat sheet, but he has been getting better and better. It took him awhile to adjust to a few hindering circumstances early in the year, but he is getting his team going in the right direction. He has been winning big games with his arm in the fourth quarter. What more can we ask for this year?

Tebow is a joke at QB. I love the kid, just not as an NFL QB. No way he deserves to be in the probowl. Only reason he has a 10/1 TD/INT ratio is because they run, run, run, run then catch teams by surprise with the pass late. His completion percentage is very bad.

2. gizmo253

gizmo253 Member

Its funny we only have one example of this because Schotty did this ALL THE TIME last year and even in 09. the difference was that guys like cotch and braylon would always fight forward and more often than not get the first down. Needless to say the playcall sucks, but there has been many times where that exact play has worked for us in the past.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Talk of him regressing this year seems wrong:

2009: 12 Touchdowns 20 Interceptions Comp %: 53.8
    2010: 17 Touchdowns 13 Interceptions Comp %: 54.8
    2011: 19 Touchdowns 11 Interceptions Comp %: 56.5 (4 Games left)

4. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

big ben or brady... one or both likely to miss it if either plays in the AFC champ game or SB

no way tebow doesnt get in

5. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

6. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

If Sanchez is a pro-bowler, does that mean Tebow is starting the game?

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Its clear progression. Fans want him at 63% and being a fantasy starter.

He's has more growing to do. He's still a young QB, and those who know football understand that there's plenty of patience in the FO/CS, but not with the fans.

8. Tonetime320

Tonetime320 Member

I give him credit for the effort he is putting in. He has to struggle with garbage plays but either way he isn't probowl worthy yet. Maybe in a couple years though...

9. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

He's also doing more with less this year. For awhile his O line was awful and there has been uncertainty in the run game unlike the last 2 years.

10. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Not to mention the fact that it would have worked there if Mark threw it to McKnight who was wide open with room to run for a first.

11. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Are all the other 15 in the AFC hurt?

Oh, I forgot the pro-bowl is for stat watchers.

12. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I think that fans want him to play like a 5th overall QB that has started 40 regular season games, and 6 road playoff games.

Maybe it is just me?

Oh wait, That is Sanchez. I mean the fans want him to play like that 2nd round QB that is leading the Bengals to a playoff run in his first 12 starts.

13. Eaton T. Watts

Eaton T. Watts New Member

Whats the logic behind this? Sanchize is currently 9th in passer rating in the AFC, among eligible QBs.

14. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Is that the stat we're choosing? Passer rating?

I think the logic behind this was to point out that, holy crap - Mark Sanchez COULD make the ProBowl. For whatever the hell that's worth, it's also quite correct. If you take out whichever AFC quarterback is playing in the Superbowl; subtract out Matt Schaub, Matt Moore and Carson Palmer; and if you assume that Tom Brady will bag it for some Calvin Klein mens thong-sniff; since they have to pick three quarterbacks, the remaining choices are statistically a coin flip. Mark Sanchez is tied for third in touchdowns. Gives me such a warm feeling inside.

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

But he sucks. Cut him.

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

But that's the other hilarious part about that opinion.

Its pretty rare a young QB is elite in his 3rd season no matter where he was drafted.

Do you consider Matt Ryan elite? Because he's having a similar year in his 4th season. He was drafted 3rd overall. Stafford has had similar ups and downs this season, he was the top overall pick. . Flacco is still exactly what he is, but does he get a pass because he's a mid rounder?

Sanchez is no different than they are.

Its foolish to think that just because your patience is running out, that he deserves to be shipped off.

That's what the divide has become - those who are still patient because they see the potential and slow growth, and those who want him to be a fantasy QB right now. This is an old school progression, so chill out and enjoy the growth each season.

#96 NDmick, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  17. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

It wud b awesom if he won pro bowl mvp

18. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Yeah, Cowherd has been defending Sanchez to the death the past few days, and rightfully so. In his first 3 seasons, Sanchez now has 30 wins (only the 5th player in the league's history to achieve this), 11 4QTR comebacks, 4 Playoff road-wins, and back-to-back Conference Championship appearances.

Wins are wins, so Tebow deserves much kudos too. But Cowherd's contention has been that the people who are praising Tebow for "just winning" are the same people bashing Sanchez, despite him winning as much while having to run a much more complex Offense and throwing 2x the amount that Tebow does. And let's not forget that Sanchez started one season at USC, and is 25(?26) years old, while Tebow played through his Senior year at UF, and this is second season in the NFL.

19. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I think the Ravens game ruined his chances of getting to 60% completion.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

If my math is correct, he needs 71% for the rest of the regular season to hit over 60%. That makes you 100% correct.

And that game was 100% on the OL. He never got more than 2.5 seconds to throw on any passing down. Thejetsblog.com documented every snap. That game is pointed out by detractors and opposing fans. I laugh, because its just an aberration in what has been a good season for the 3rd year QB. Some QBs do have entire seasons that show regression. He's been on the upswing since his 1st start.

Patience will be paid off with this kid. It paid off for Eli Manning, and I think Sanchez will be consistent faster than Eli. It took Eli 7 season. Mark, I see it in 4 1/2 the latest

#100 NDmick, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011