Changes I would love to see this offseason

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jjt4201, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

On the OP:

Thomas. Hm. I have been mostly a fan of his, as in not as down on him as many, and he's been solid in the run. But the LB's have to get faster, and he's never been that. Pace has been having a very good year, and another good game against Washington. Maybe Westerman and Maybin can hold down the other side, but the bottom line is I think Thomas is gone as the starting OLB. Is that enough to improve the speed of the LB's? Maybe.

Secondary bench players. Despite the bad raps the two starting safeties get, I don't get the love for Pool. Seems like the only quality he has is speed. That's not enough. Dopey penalties here and there, weak in zone coverage, not much of a tackler. He should be replaced, and I could see a fairly high draft pick being used at safety. Strickland has also had too many mediocre outings for my taste.

TE's. Can't the Jets find a complete player at this position? I know Cumberland might be back next year, but I don't know if he's going to be enough here. I am not as down on Mulligan as many others here, but he's nothing in the passing game.

OL. Despite the improvement on this unit of late, and Turner's likely return, I still have OL as number one in need of help.

Wideouts. Not sold on Kerley yet, but he might give us better info between now and the end of the season.

Ftr I don't know that I would do anything about backup Qb since I liked McElroy in the preseason, and expect this will take care of itself with him and O'Connell continuing to backup Sanchez. Despite my disappointment in Sanchez, i recognize he will be back next year without a doubt.

RB. Hm. I feel less optimistic about McKnight taking on an increased load, and wonder if LT will be back at all. Probably need to get someone else in this group.

Conley. I am not a fan.

2. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

You, retarded? We got to back-to-back AFCCGs with Mark Sanchez and he is clearly not the reason we lost them. Our defense was. We couldn't stop Peyton in the second half of 09 or Mendenhall in the first half of 10. Even with a top 5 QB we might not win those games.

3. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Changes?

Just one comes to mind......Schotty must be fired.

That's it.

Period.

4. lamont_jordan_rules

desean jackson

... lol + 1 ...

... fire schott ... convince moore to become OC ... win superbowl ...

l_j_r

5. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Are you?

So it doesn't make a difference that we win our division and regular season games so we don't slip into a wild card spot AGAIN, and have to play everyone on the road AGAIN? Having a first round bye and playing one playoff game then the chamionship instead of two and the chamionship doesn't matter either I'm sure.
    I'm sure the guys don't need to rest, it's just 16 pro football games then 3 straight road games in the playoffs to make it to the Super Bowl, they should be good to go and well rested.

I Wouldn't be surprized if Todd Haley was available next season.

#25 DarrelleRevis.Human?, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  6. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

So your plan to get us past NE, to winning the division, to a first round bye, and home field advantage is Greg McIlroy at QB? Seriously?

7. jjt4201

jjt4201 Active Member

8. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Did you see him last year filling in for leonhard?? He comes up and makes some pretty big plays in the run game and during the Pats game he didnt let anything big go.

9. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

I guess Ill put my wishlist here as well

Sign John Carlson (Great blocking TE and has decent hand)

Attempt to resign Edwards, if not sign plax or draft Mohammed Sanu

Sign Michael Griffin a FA saftey from the Titans.

Sign LT one more year (leadership, 3rd down back)

Fix RT position

Sign a veteran backup (Not talking like 7000 years old like Brunell but Older than Oconnel and McElroy. )

Draft LB/ Pass rusher early and often

10. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Thank you for taking what I said completely out of context, and no.

11. cantwait57

cantwait57 Member

In hindsight looking back at some of the film from 2010, keeping Woody and Braylon would have made a huge difference. Braylons athletic ability is outstanding. We miss is presence.

12. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I don't care what we do with Schotty, because playcalling doesn't mean shit if you don't execute.

That said, Give up Sanchez and whatever draft picks we have to to get Luck.

13. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

I want Braylon back and Schotty fired.

And safety, pass rusher and o-line, in that order.

Whats everyone's opinion on Plax?

I think Holmes, Plax and Braylon would be awesome.

14. wildaces

wildaces Banned

This is what I was hoping for when we signed Plax this year. Could you imagine Holmes in the Slot?

15. Henryflo1

Henryflo1 Member

lol at people saying sign braylon and keep plax.
    when year of madden is this?

16. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

Why is that so absurd to think?

Neither Plax nor Braylon are putting up big numbers (how much could they possibly ask for?), and they both want to be in NY.

My only hesitation with this is that Kerley would basically not be given a chance to develop or get experience.

Edit: And by big numbers, I mean numbers to justify a Holmes-esque type of contract.

17. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I would add jets fanbase to this list

18. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Its not like anyone is going to throw money at Braylon.

He signed a one year incentive laden deal. He didnt do enough or stay healthy to reach those goals. He should be available. If the Jets offer him anything i think he will take it. Think of a better team for him to play for?

19. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

My thinking exactly, the guy has so much baggage, hasn't produced at all. There are only two reasons why I think he won't came back and that's because either the CS didn't like him, or he's that stupid enough to believe he can still make a holmes-esque contract somewhere else.

Plax is extremely efficient in the red zone. Between Braylon being the deep threat, Plax in the red zone and Holmes in the slot/everything else, it'd be a great combination. I don't see why it seems so absurd either considering we have one old ex-con and another player who has been injured all season and hasn't contributed anything to his team/has a BIG tendency to get in off the field trouble.

But I'm optimistic because 1) Plax is obviously a family man and wants to keep his family in NY/NJ, and 2) Braylon apparently "LOVED" NY. They both fit here and I think we will be able to acquire both of them.

20. Henryflo1

Henryflo1 Member

The Jets are not going to bring back Braylon Edwards.
    Let it go. Rather much draft a WR in the early rounds than resign Braylon