It's that time of year again to say Thanks Petro!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Dec 2, 2011.

1. 3xNFLChampion

3xNFLChampion Banned

+1 yeah that!

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Thanks--nice job :beer:

3. quadcityjetsfan76

Thanks for the upkeep of a great board. i can't get much love for the Jets here in the midwest, so it's nice to have this outlet.

4. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Thank you, guys!

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Speaking of ads what is the one with the keyboards that can be customized to your favorite team? I Could google search it but would much rather click the ad from here.

BTW the FansEdge has some decent stuff on clearance, as a NJ Net fan that is my favorite word.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Petro, you run a superior site and it has gotten me through some rough times.

I know the money helps, but content on the homepage needs as much support as the bottom line.

There are far too many knowledgeable minds making casual posts on this forum when what really needs to happen is for us to contribute content to boost traffic to the main site.

I would guess that many people who search for a Jets site do not search immediately for a forum.

I am throwing my hat into the ring, I will write for the site.

And I bet none of you pricks can outdo me. Prove me wrong, any of you.

Time to REALLY contribute...

Let's go, TGG. You are more than a message board.

7. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Greatest message board on the web period. Keep up the good work Petro! Happy Holidays!

8. abyzmul

By the way, don't ever shave your balls, for any woman, ever.

9. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I bet you're right.

10. abyzmul

I just stuck my nuts in a jar of Vaseline and you want to massage my ego?

11. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Byz is right. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on here that can contribute with some compelling articles. Let’s see some articles!

12. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I applaud you for such a novel idea to set TGG apart from the "other" messageboards.

13. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Petro, thanks for running this board for selfless reasons and not doing it for the revenue.

Cheers,

Scik

14. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

What else should I expect from a hateful former mod who's now banned for releasing private info to the public? :) Then he went even further - he took a screenshot of his conversation on AIM with another mod and sent it to me in an attempt to have that other mod de-modded as well. Nice guy, eh?

Yes, the site IS making some money but it's not even close to what some of these disgruntled people imagined it to be. The money that the site is making goes to cover the hosting fees, give out football pool prizes (they are back again this year), partially cover my annual training camp trips, so you could read my play by play tweets, view high quality pics, etc.
    In any case, I am not exactly sure what's wrong with making money off the site that I built. I never charged anyone a single penny for using this website, nor am I ever going to. The vast majority of websites have ads that are obviously there to cover the costs and also to make profit.

#34 Petrozza, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  15. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

16. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

Well, his screen name is psychotic i think that leaves the range of possibilities wide open

17. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Good point :) He also didn't even bother to crop out his AIM contact list, which listed quite a few members and mods of this board, from the image he sent to me. So, I guess once you have a habit of revealing private info, it doesn't go away, even if that info is your own :)

18. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

By the way I do not begrudge you for making a profit and am not sure why anyone should. This site takes more than a little of your time and effort let alone your dollar investment. And thank you for this site I have enjoyed it every since I found it.

I like scikotic (from meeting him) and my impression was that he was a good guy. So with only guessing on most of the details of this I don't think it will be a "green hornet" or "Vick Blows" situation where the line was clearly crossed. I was actually shocked when I saw he was gone this morning. I for one, will miss him.

19. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Petro, thanks for running the best Jets site on the web. Its appreciated by all the members, particularly your non USA members who can struggle to get the right sites.

On a different subject, how many ads should we all agree to click on a week? Would 6 each a week help?

20. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Thank you! As for the ads, as I stated before, the ads basically reflect your browsing history tracked by Google. So, if you are interested in something displayed in any of these ads, then check it out :)